Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I did it with friends as "all DPSers" (random professions) we wiped a few times, sure. But it went rather smooth for the most part.
    No one specced anything that would be close to "healing" or "tanking".

I'm a Thief lvl 50 now. Did AC at lvl 35 with some guildies a three times this past weekend.

A couple of things I'll point out from those 3 runs:

-The 3 Ranger pull sucks the most but, with focus fire on a target you can down it easily.
    -Out of all the mobs in the place. The Necromancers were the ones that actually killed me the most just so much damage they do that is really unavoidable (or hard to avoid)
    -Had one instance where for about half the fight we couldn't separate the lovers. The were stuck on top of each other. Though they were still killable, just a little harder to deal with melee. (Shortbow FTW!!!!)
    -Last boss. As melee dps. just stand on his direct back and you're fine!!!!

Overall, I enjoy the dungeon. It was pretty good. Although I think they should have one for lvl 20's.

Now back to my quest of getting the skill points together for "Dagger Storm" (like 12-13 short from it)

Get a Thief with a shortbow.

Thief lays down Choking Gas for poison field, then Cluster Bomb on top of it for AOE Weakness.

Mobs/bosses will do 50% damage to you, 50% of the time.

Profit.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    No idea what this thread is about. I went in with 5 full dps built characters and steamrolled the place without even slowing down, done in about 20 minutes. I found it to be one of the easiest MMO dungeons I had ever done, easier than the easiest 5 man in WoW.

My experience with AC explorable is that solid DPS (single target and AOE) is way more important than "tanking" or "healing", especially path three. The faster you kill stuff, the easier it is.

Deleted
    I jumped in with a group of 40+'s. Got raped.

To the drawing board I think.

I haven't gone back to AC yet since I cleared story mode once. I really don't have any incentive to, I didn't like the dungeon. Cauticus Manor and Twilight Arbor were easier, and more enjoyable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by VibrantViolet View Post
    I haven't gone back to AC yet since I cleared story mode once. I really don't have any incentive to, I didn't like the dungeon. Cauticus Manor and Twilight Arbor were easier, and more enjoyable to me.
    I ran into explorable mode AC 1 path and I found it to be exponentially more interesting than story mode AC. Granted, I had 2 lvl 80 in my party who just made things a hell of a lot easier (I was lvl 37), but the dungeon was much more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Artravus View Post
    I tried to get into instances as fast as possible with my friends. Not many people had done Ascalon Catacombs by the time my friends and I had gotten to level 30 as far as I know. We had heard from the way the game was advertised that the holy trinity of tank, healer, and dps was no more. That you could perform just as effectively without the holy trinity. That's the information that was circulating around. We get into Ascalon Catacombs with all dps specs. We get crushed OVER and OVER and OVER again. I manage to find someone who HAD in fact cleared Ascalon Catacombs, and he told me that you had to have at least one tank and one healer. We eventually tried it that way, and BOOM, we cleared it. So apparantly, the holy trinity remains. I feel misled.

Thoughts?
    Holy trinity would make me very happy! I liked healing. As dps, I would enjoy it if there was a dps-meter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    Personally I often have a hard time dodging, since in dungeons my screen always seems to be covered in this crap, or some equivalent:

And that's not even a particularily bad moment!

Nevermind the constant fight I'm having with the camera. I've more or less given up on trying to melee stuff since I can't estimate if something is trying to hit me or not at all until after I get hit.
    Amen, thanks for capturing this with a decent shot.

As a melee trying to track bad shit on the ground is too much damn work, there are so many damn particle effects going around I feel like i just took a hit of acid and am in the middle of a rave at times.

There needs to be some option to turn down/off group party effects, or make it simply green circle = good shit red circle = bad shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    I did Ascalon Catacombs the other day with my friends, it was relatively easy and we didn't wipe once. What I did experience however was the fact that melee are at a massive disadvantage the majority of the time which is quite irritating. As a thief I don't like getting one shot because a momentary lapse of judgement prevented me from seeing an enemy charge up an attack while he was bombarded by pretty spell effects clouding my vision while range virtually afk spamming 1 only having to roll every now and then when a obvious red circle appears underneath them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Amen, thanks for capturing this with a decent shot.

As a melee trying to track bad shit on the ground is too much damn work, there are so many damn particle effects going around I feel like i just took a hit of acid and am in the middle of a rave at times.

There needs to be some option to turn down/off group party effects, or make it simply green circle = good shit red circle = bad shit.
    Seriously. I always have to go shortbow on my Thief because dagger/dagger is too much of a pain.