Deleted

[Yogscast] Sips, Sjin, Rythian,... do their minecraft let's play series have a story?

I am really enjoying Simon and Lewis playing minecraft, specifically their SoI series, their Tekkit with Duncan, Sips and Sjin and their adventure map playthroughs, because there's an actual story that's told by those. i also enjoy the Tekkit howto from Duncan, because it gives nice background information on the Tekkit series on the main channel. I'm now actually interested in the series from Sips, Sjin, Rythian and the other yognaughts. do they also have a storyline to tell?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am going to be honest, I hate Simon and Lewis. However, the other parts of the Yogcast are the builders for the SoI series IIRC and there are some amazing creations, so storyline or not I would watch them just to see how well they can build.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Ehh.... yes and no. It sort of depends what sort of a storyline you're looking for. If you want the sort of half-scripted stuff in their Tekkit series or even more scripted SoI stuff, then no. Sips and Sjin are supposed to have a bit of a story, but they mostly just fool arounds whilst doing science. If you like their humour, then it's very much worth it taking a look.

As for Rythian's series, it kind of does. I mean, the general idea of it is 'Rythian and Zoey set up camp and prepare to do magic and wreak revenge upon Sjin and Duncan for ruining their old world'. But it's so early in the series yet, it's hard to tell whether there are just going to be a load of filler episodes or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    I am going to be honest, I hate Simon and Lewis.
    yeah. the bumbling around got old fast. Couldn't stand watching it at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    yeah. the bumbling around got old fast. Couldn't stand watching it at all.
    /rant on

I just can't stand watching bad gamers. I never watched their Warcraft videos so cannot comment on that, and I get that they are commentating (I know it is harder to play while talking about it), but Jesus they are horrible. They will walk right off ledges, get killed by the simplest things, cannot figure out any puzzle to save their lives, and miss the most obvious things. They can be funny, but the humor per minute compared to the mistakes per minute is just tedious. It is no wonder why the majority of their fan base is so young.

/rant off
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    /rant on

I just can't stand watching bad gamers. I never watched their Warcraft videos so cannot comment on that, and I get that they are commentating (I know it is harder to play while talking about it), but Jesus they are horrible. They will walk right off ledges, get killed by the simplest things, cannot figure out any puzzle to save their lives, and miss the most obvious things. They can be funny, but the humor per minute compared to the mistakes per minute is just tedious. It is no wonder why the majority of their fan base is so young.
    /rant off
    They are smart because they know their demographic(children) and children like their goofy voice. Nothing wrong with that it's just the way it is. Just like athene.
    If you want smart & humble gamers there are ALOT but my favorite has to be kripparian. Their humour is incredibly stupid and i'd probably say your braincells become rotten from watching it :P

No offense to anyone liking these guys or anything like that.

Deleted
    actually, i'm not looking for smart and humble gamers on youtube at all. gaming is entertainment, watching people game can be entertainment as well, and the entertainment gets more value if the gamers themselves are actually clumsy and don't know what they're doing.

watching a raid take down a boss without anyone failing or any danger of failure is boring. watching that same raid slowly die one at a time while they're trying to salvage the run is much more fun. watching a playthrough of a horror game without commentary or facecam is lame, and most people want to play the game. watching that same playthrough with player commentary and a facecam is much more entertaining, and allows for some comedy. in the same vein, i like that they give commentary and try to make it funny and fail all the time. it makes it less clinical and more entertaining.

Sips is hilarious. Simon & Lewis are okay, but Sips just cracks me up. I can't help it!