Deleted

weakauras enemy cooldown tracking

Hello.

Right now I am in the process of making a complete tracking list of dangerous cooldowns on enemies right now it shows a icon with the remaining duration for etc, avengin wrath, bubble, and that new ashbringer spell and stuff like that for palas, and equally needed spells for other classes. But I would like to know, if there is a way to track the coldown once they are used, and only when etc palas are targeted it only shows pala, and not every other class. When I am done with the project I will upload the wtf files for weak aura so people can copy from it or just straight out use it them selfs. but Right now it is only made to work for warlocks.

Before 5.04, Juked tracked the majority of cooldowns for all classes while Icicle displayed specific cooldowns above each player's name plate. Both of those addons haven't being updated yet since the patch. Was just gonna wait a bit and see. But goodluck with your project! can be a bit tedious putting in all the variables into weakauras.

Deleted
    nothing to to with wa but afflicted3 seems to be updated

Assuming you've got your table of abilities + cooldowns + exceptions (ie: set bonus reducing the cooldown of an ability) you just need a way to link it with times that those abilities were used. Head over to the weak auras forums and browse the 'tracking absorbs tutorial' and 'tracking current stats' threads. Those work slightly different (they capture values on the player) butt he basic process is the same:

Make a table with unitguids. For each guid make a table that has spell ids. Make a trigger on combat_log_event_unfiltered. When an ability you're interested in has been cast you'll update your tables with the time that it was cast wa_ability_tracker[unitguid][spellid] = time_right_now. You'll maybe want to do do some calculation for expiring time(s), prioritization, counting cooldowns, etc.

You'll want some additional code to clear out your tables when units die or have nothing interesting happen for some period of time. The 'tracking current stats' thread example code has a pretty good way to handle that. After that you're going to want a handful of icons/progress bars etc. in a group. Each one will have custom code for name, icon, progress, durration, etc. Those auras will display information in the table -- you'll want them to watch for events like target_changed etc. and update accordingly. An example that works fairly well is the absorb tracker thread: it has solid examples for name/icon/progress functions and how you can use them to drive a display.

The tracking part isn't too hard but the display portion can get out of hand fairly quickly. It's easy to just display one or two abilities (like pvp trinkets or battle res) but when you start trying to do many cooldowns (kick, shieldwall, iceblock, etc) the display of your table is going to be pretty complex. You're basically just writing your own addon at that point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    Assuming you've got your table of abilities + cooldowns + exceptions (ie: set bonus reducing the cooldown of an ability) you just need a way to link it with times that those abilities were used. Head over to the weak auras forums and browse the 'tracking absorbs tutorial' and 'tracking current stats' threads. Those work slightly different (they capture values on the player) butt he basic process is the same:

Make a table with unitguids. For each guid make a table that has spell ids. Make a trigger on combat_log_event_unfiltered. When an ability you're interested in has been cast you'll update your tables with the time that it was cast wa_ability_tracker[unitguid][spellid] = time_right_now. You'll maybe want to do do some calculation for expiring time(s), prioritization, counting cooldowns, etc.

You'll want some additional code to clear out your tables when units die or have nothing interesting happen for some period of time. The 'tracking current stats' thread example code has a pretty good way to handle that. After that you're going to want a handful of icons/progress bars etc. in a group. Each one will have custom code for name, icon, progress, durration, etc. Those auras will display information in the table -- you'll want them to watch for events like target_changed etc. and update accordingly. An example that works fairly well is the absorb tracker thread: it has solid examples for name/icon/progress functions and how you can use them to drive a display.

The tracking part isn't too hard but the display portion can get out of hand fairly quickly. It's easy to just display one or two abilities (like pvp trinkets or battle res) but when you start trying to do many cooldowns (kick, shieldwall, iceblock, etc) the display of your table is going to be pretty complex. You're basically just writing your own addon at that point.
    thanks a lot for this! I'm gonna give it a try. but as my experience on coding is limited to c++ I think I'm gonna run into a brick wall.
    I might just do what I can and then throw the template out there for anyone with more skill to continue the work if they so desire xD