[Balance] Council of Elders N

Hi there fellow boomers, I've been wondering how are some of you guys managing to pull 210K+ dps on this fight... I've been able recently to get a decent rank on the first 2 bosses in ToT but I'm so far behind on Council that I must be doing something wrong. Here is a recent log:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j...?s=2630&e=3009

Armory (currently 'forget for heals, usually haste to breakpoint, then crit): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...druid/advanced

I noticed that most ppl with WoL ranks have killed this boss a around 4 minutes (vs our 6 min kill, we 3 healed it - switching to 2 next week)... Wonder if ppl are just stacking bosses even with the priest for a quicker kill and ignoring the add (i.e. benefiting cleaving classes etc)...

Anyways, what I usually do here: prepot, starfall (I messed this one up on that log I pointed), inc+ca, dot everthing, starfall when prev falls, nuke my designated target while trying to keep everything dotted... Our last kill was around 6.10 minutes so I was able to squeeze 3 inc+ca combos but next week we'll be 2 healing it and pretty sure i wont have enough time for a 3rd inc.

During the fight my main priority is keep everything with both dots and keep spamming SS procs... Wonder if I'm holding off on SS procs too much while dotting things up, not sure how u guys look into that...

One thing I noticed is the low up time on NG (66% seems low), gets me wondering if you guys are just dotting the eclipsed one and hard-casting your way into another eclipse?

Ur help is appreciated
    Last edited by land; 2013-05-01 at 11:19 PM.

With the 4set your NG becomes more important, however you could try less dotting & more single target (meaning that if you'd like to cheese your dps to the max maybe try using only the eclipsed dots on the 3 other targets but the main one?). It doesn't matter too much during farm, but since your guild is just about to start your 1st heroic boss I assume you want to focus more on DPSing the main targets and doing the bosses properly instead of trying to rank. A good player can rank on most fights without cheesing the fuck out of everything. Maybe that's why you can do decent on fights such as horridon & Jin rok? Unless you're the fag that spends 100% time on horridon from 50% increased damage taken.

Can't say too much about the logs, but NG uptime seems very low. Again doing less dotting & more casting will solve that issue. Your opener on this boss should be:
    -Prepot, starfall, wrath (inc+synapse springs) DOT, SS>starfire until previous starfall is off then starfall, CA when leaving lunar, DOT, restarfall when previous expires then SS>Starfire & try to redot with trinket procs (even if there is 5 sec left of CA) then spam SS>starfire until solar. This should be your CDs every 3min. Remember to line them up with hero, skull banner & stormlash if you have them (these should be used at the start in this encounter anyway).

Good luck with your progression, hope this helped you out.

Deleted
    Strong opener is what you really need to aim for , our sustained is decent nowadays but we still need to be good and max the damage when our cds are up.
    Look at my burst vs yours http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s...e/?s=148&e=397
    On that kill our shaman lusted way too late (dotters had everything dotted already).
    Usually i would just dot everything on pull with cds and empty all procs on kill target aka Sul , dont bother reapplying all dots before CA falls its too much 3 globals , maybe dot one more as sul's dots should be still near full duration from the extensions via SS.
    With the meta gem (mini lust) eclipsed dots would be enough to just chain spam SS but since you dont have it might need to apply a couple of non eclipsed.
    Try to always drop your SS on the same target , youll end up having both eclipsed dots for a high uptime on him and ye before 2 die you probably wont need to even hardcast once.
    Remember shrooms , if youre tanking them spread out wait with them till you have 2 or 3 pref targets on them and pop them pref in the opener , dont place more after only drop 3 prepull , not much but its a gr8 off the gcd extra dmg.
    All i can think of GL ;-))