10+ Year Old Account

Need help with installation if possible.

Just bought the guild wars 2 cd. the client wants to download 200000 files (sitting at 7% rigth now with 1000 mb downloaded). is this a patch or is the client downloading the entire game. if this isnt a patch, is there a way to stop this download and use the cds to install the game?

much appreciated.
    thanks
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Just bought the guild wars 2 cd. the client wants to download 200000 files (sitting at 7% rigth now with 1000 mb downloaded). is this a patch or is the client downloading the entire game. if this isnt a patch, is there a way to stop this download and use the cds to install the game?

much appreciated.
    thanks
    I believe the total downloads after installing from the CD were around 3-4gb. Hope that helps in some way.

10+ Year Old Account
    im trying to install from cd by going into my computer then running autorun (tried also to open the cd and intiating the setup) but it heads straight to the downloading. no cd usage.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Check your program files/guild wars 2, the gw.dat file should be around 13-15gig when fully patched.
    So the difference between whatever size it is now and around 13-15gig , is what you're gonna have to download.

10+ Year Old Account
    i see. but im confused sorry. correct me if iam wrong, should i be able to install from the discs i have (have two in the box) and then once that installation is done the game patches? because (i stopped it but i was at 7% and it was 1gb right there of download) its downloading around 217000 files. seems like its downloading the entire game, like a digital version. everytime i open the the cd setup file it goes straight to that. if it is indeed downloading the game, is there a way i can use my cds to install it and then download just the patch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know, did you check your program files to see if it installed anything onto your actual hard drive?

10+ Year Old Account
    nah nothing installed. just got a response from them though. the patch is supposed to be 6gb or larger. ill just download it at my college tomorrow, no bandwidth and high speeds lol. thanks for the help though! much appreciated!

Deleted
    Installation and patching is done at the same time, as far as I know. It makes sense, most people would rather sit through a single progress bar before they can start playing, than two. "99%... and done! Yay! Now... 0%..."

Or the even nastier ones where you have to apply every single patch between launch and present separately. 20 progress bars, anyone? :P

Also, the reason it skipped straight to download is probably because it's already copied what's on your disc. It doesn't re-copy what you already have, both from the disc and from downloading, even though it starts at 0% each time you restart it.