10+ Year Old Account

Varus should never be free

I absolutely hate it when varus is in the free week rotation. Every little kid decides hes cool lookin and instalocks him. My favorite role is adc and I just bought corki after using ez for so long but I can never use him because of the instalock varus. And its not just that I cant play my favorite role, its that I have NEVER seen a good varus and the ones that play him free are especially bad. Anyone else feel that way? Maybe you feel that way when other certain champs make it into the free rotation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. Just destroy the meta.
    Last night I saw two ADC's. One top, one bot. Bot had a Garen, and top had a Maokai.
    Absoultely dominated us. I was our bot ADC, with a support buying wards. Couldn't farm at all.
    Varus and Garen are a lethal combination and are like ANTI-CS.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

He's my favourite ADC at the moment. I will relish being underestimated this week, as I poke down the opposition so that they have less that 20 farm when the laning phase has ended.
    RETH

Deleted
    Ive only played 3 or so games with him on the free weeks and hes incredible. Everytime ive played him we stomped the lane and I easily carried the game with stats like 14/3. He has really good harass and burst. Oh and you can prevent others "securing" the kills from you if you time the arrow right.

Also please play some other ad carries than ezreal or corki, they both are op, overplayed and look retarded as fuck.
    Last edited by mmoc614b31b9c1; 2012-09-12 at 10:15 AM.

Deleted
    He is one of my favourite carries, so much damage and in team fights he just shreds people with his passive and his Q for laning is just unreal, sniping people from huge distances. His ulti is also a very good initiator and can win you team fights.

Deleted
    I see, i never had a problem with Varus, but i guess it is because i don't see him that often... I generally hate it when one of my favorite champions are on free week, because i can't stand watching people play them badly, and because when they instalock i can't pick it... :P

Also i am fearing a bit for this thread, it is ín the category of thread in risk of being locked... :P

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why I'm glad my main is Tristana. She'll never go in free rotation

Lol, he has no escape mechanics, quite easy to kill.

And as for destroying the meta, 4 ad carries and 1 ap... yes, it's a terrible idea

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StNimrod View Post
    Lol, he has no escape mechanics, quite easy to kill.

And as for destroying the meta, 4 ad carries and 1 ap... yes, it's a terrible idea
    Pick malphite/rammus, 1v4, let rest of team kill the ap? God I hated Rammus when I played Sivir in ARAB. Shell + thornmail = dead AD carry.

And Varus has a slow and a bind, so he's not that helpless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see what the problem is. That applies for basically any champion. I like to mid, but when zyra was free there was a lot of autolocking zyra's. You just deal with it and go about your merry way. It's usually only the first few days that are bad, after that most people get their fill of the champions that they haven't played that they want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    His attack animation is AWESOME. He fires his shots so fast
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Umm, I don't know about your experiences with that, but free week Varus is by far not the worst case regarding free week champs out there. Furthermore, it always depends on the players, they would probably also suck if they wouldn't play a free week champ.

You can play ranged ad top/jungle/bot and you can play ap carry mid with a lot of auto attack power (lux, oriana, tristana for example). So I don't see it as a problem.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    If people always choose Varus and instalock, then I guess you should start playing Summoner's Rift Draft mode pick, stop playing dominion and play Aram, and hope you get him(the odds wouldn't be in your favour :P) or just pick him faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast! :PPPP

But tbh, I haven't seen many Varus bad players.... I usually play him and he's pretty good and has a nice kite, but seriously I rarely see a bad player, but I don't see any that is really good. Well I rarely see any good ad carry so, lol...

Oh lordy, I have't posted on these forums in a long time but let me ask you a few questions.

What level are you on LoL?

Do you play blind pick, draft?

Are you playing rank?

I would suggest you staying away from blind because people just pick whatever they want and insta lock. You will most likely lose playing blind than actually playing draft pick. In blind pick you cannot counter pick and people will always just pick the most over powered champs. Not saying Varus is OP, because he is not. He is absolutely vulnerable to ganks and late game no escapes.

Meh before I go offtopic on this rant, stick to draft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Needalight View Post
    Oh lordy, I have't posted on these forums in a long time but let me ask you a few questions.

What level are you on LoL?

Do you play blind pick, draft?

Are you playing rank?

I would suggest you staying away from blind because people just pick whatever they want and insta lock. You will most likely lose playing blind than actually playing draft pick. In blind pick you cannot counter pick and people will always just pick the most over powered champs. Not saying Varus is OP, because he is not. He is absolutely vulnerable to ganks and late game no escapes.

Meh before I go offtopic on this rant, stick to draft.
    Im level 28 I play blind pick summoners rift, people for the most part are good about not instalocking and figuring out what we need to have a balanced team, it just seems like every time varus is free, people instalock him and do horrible.

But after seeing all the posts here saying he is actually pretty good, i decided to try him out and I have to say I LOVE him haha funny turn of events, I can almost see myself only playing for a a long time I had a blast with him and I always seem to do well whether my team is doing good or bad, cant wait till hes not free so no one else is choosing him, which bring me back to my main point, he should still never be free

Quote Originally Posted by Blackarthas View Post
    Im level 28 I play blind pick summoners rift, people for the most part are good about not instalocking and figuring out what we need to have a balanced team, it just seems like every time varus is free, people instalock him and do horrible.

But after seeing all the posts here saying he is actually pretty good, i decided to try him out and I have to say I LOVE him haha funny turn of events, I can almost see myself only playing for a a long time I had a blast with him and I always seem to do well whether my team is doing good or bad, cant wait till hes not free so no one else is choosing him, which bring me back to my main point, he should still never be free
    Varus is ok..as you learn more you will realize he is a sort of a terrible pick against most range carries.....If you want to do good with Varus, Max your E first! Then max W, and then Q. Do not listen to people telling you otherwise. The burst is just disgusting. I watched a couple of pro tournaments. I think it was someone from CLG that I saw leveling E...i was amazed. As far as Q, don't level it first. You are not going to be spamming your Q for any reason. I always used it when I wanted to take someone out of a bush or when people started turret hugging.

start off with W-E-Q then level E from there. You can also level your E first but your damage will fall..