Page 1 of 38
... LastLast

2 Million Sales for GW2

http://www.guildwars2journal.com/_/n...ion-sales-r218

Not bad not bad. A good starting point.

I like how they call this a "small" milestone in their facebook update, but congratulations to them regardless

They're coming up on SWTOR in terms of box sales, not bad for a game without a major franchise as a selling point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    They're coming up on SWTOR in terms of box sales, not bad for a game without a major franchise as a selling point.
    And it's only been out 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusantos View Post
    I like how they call this a "small" milestone in their facebook update, but congratulations to them regardless
    Oh it is small indeed a epic flop i expected alot more looks like this is going down swtor route soon once WOW mop hits!

We see you trolling. We hating. Infracted.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-09-13 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikencarly View Post
    Oh it is small indeed a epic flop i expected alot more looks like this is going down swtor route soon once WOW mop hits!
    As many flaws as Guild Wars 2 has, I'd still say it's a lot better than Mists of Pandaria. I don't think MoP will really change anything. If nothing else, MoP will probably just cause more people to quit WoW, and try GW2, SWTOR, etc
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Considering the business model, they've already won.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavas View Post
    Wow has sold over 30million units by now think again sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavas View Post
    They have, as Guild Wars 2 isn't a subscription based game, their revenue comes from box sales, and microtransactions. The frontload revenue of 2 million box sales is probably around what they expected, and needed for GW2 to be a financially viable investment, and they still stand to gain profit from it, with expansions, more box sales, and microtransactions

---------- Post added 2012-09-13 at 10:25 AM ----------

Yes, WoW is a more successful game, but both are financially viable. I don't think anyone expected Guild Wars 2 to be more successful than WoW (a game with no sub can't match the revenue anyway)
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    As many flaws as Guild Wars 2 has, I'd still say it's a lot better than Mists of Pandaria. I don't think MoP will really change anything. If nothing else, MoP will probably just cause more people to quit WoW, and try GW2, SWTOR, etc
    Mop is not like cata at all it will keep millions playing and counting only a few thousands will leave by the end of wow mop.

So...a game that has been out for 8 years sold thirty million units, and a game that came out for not even a month sold two million, yet that's considered a flop?

Quote Originally Posted by Requiemcliff View Post
    So...a game that has been out for 8 years sold thirty million units, and a game that came out for not even a month sold two million, yet that's considered a flop?
    Correct.should have been 5 million with all the hype.

Trolling like a pro

Post productively. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-09-13 at 04:01 PM.

Deleted
    2, 0.5 or 200k it's no difference to me, it doesn't change my gaming experience by an inch.
    But if they're happy about that, i'm happy too.
    They made a game i'm enjoying very much, and if they can make some money out of it, the better.
    It's all deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodrin View Post
    Trolling like a pro
    Acid and torches, man.
    Acid and torches.

Mop is not like cata at all it will keep millions playing and counting only a few thousands will leave by the end of wow mop.
    You know this how? MoP isn't even out yet. WoW forums are <----way, btw. This isn't a thread discussing WoW, at all. It's about GW2 sales.

---------- Post added 2012-09-13 at 10:40 AM ----------

Maybe you should work on your math skills, it's not a "flop". Also, as I said, WoW forums are <---way. Discuss MoP there.

I will put on the point, doing a bit of research, within the first month of sales for WoW and expansions. With a 12 million active player playerbase, they sold 2.8 million copies of Wrath of the Lich King, and Cataclysm, which was even more hyped up, 4.7 million.

It would be somewhat stupid to believe a game that, while I do admit was hyped up as well, sold 2 million within the first month, yet the original overall sold about...6.5 million copies overall. Which is a pretty substantial success.

(But yeah, done with this :P I personally enjoy both games to an extent, not quite as interested in WoW, but at the same time, calling a flop because it didn't sell 5 million copies within...three weeks now, and they had to stop sales for a time...seems a bit silly)
    Last edited by Requiemcliff; 2012-09-13 at 02:43 PM.

I'm proud to say I contributed to 1 of those, and got around 10 other people to buy it as well. I claim 11/2,000,000. I am the .00055 %.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantViolet View Post
    You know this how? MoP isn't even out yet. WoW forums are <----way, btw. This isn't a thread discussing WoW, at all. It's about GW2 sales.

---------- Post added 2012-09-13 at 10:40 AM ----------

Maybe you should work on your math skills, it's not a "flop". Also, as I said, WoW forums are <---way. Discuss MoP there.
    he is obv mad cause GW2 didnt fail

very nice for a $50+ dollar game.. a lot of peeps like me wait till price goes down.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

Quote Originally Posted by kuruptz View Post
    he is obv mad cause GW2 didnt fail
    SWTOR started out the same way with around 1-2mil sales.. look at where its at. Just saying

I haven't seen or read much about GW2 but I assure you it will likely hover around 5mil "subs" or below.

Jus my opinion

EDIT: Geesh Im sure you all knew what i meant, player base.. what ever.. Like i said above.. I haven't read much about Gw2 so I didn't know it wasn't a sub fee game. Regardless its going to hover around 5 mil once the hype is over or below.

also heard the same responses in the rift section and Swtor section.
    Last edited by IllidariCouncil; 2012-09-14 at 03:41 PM.