Poll: ?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are you a Jumper, Looper or Mixer?

What kind of gamer are you? for the most part

Definitions:

Jumper: Constantly jumps from new game to new game and thrives in having new experiences

Looper: Loyal to the games he enjoys and has a really hard time enjoying new other things. Sometimes tries new games but never gets excited enough with them and goes back to the "loop" he enjoys. Very rare to change "loop", but eventually does it.

Mixer: Loops between new games frequently (is a mix of jumper and looper except his "loop" is changing more frequently).

-----

If you feel you fit in a new category pick "Other"....and give it a funny name (>_<)

No idea. I have 3 games I keep going back to. Runescape, WoW and Hearthstone. Other than that, I usually find a new game, play it for up to a month, move on.

I don't have a "loop" as you put it but basically just take long breaks from those 3 games, then starting missing them, come back and play, then quit again. With other games, I only play single player and move on once the game gets too easy and stale. I almost never try completely new things though and generally follow series like Assassins Creed, Civ games, Tropico etc. or sometimes a studio, like I've played all Bioware RPGs till Andromeda which I skipped due to negative reviews.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm looping WoW and jump-mix a lot of games on pc and mobile as they come and go. i cannot think of any definition of that.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    i'm looping WoW and jump-mix a lot of games on pc and mobile as they come and go. i cannot think of any definition of that.
    I am a "headless chicken" always searching for its head and never finding it
    I get demotivated easily

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    What kind of gamer are you? for the most part

Definitions:

Jumper: Constantly jumps from new game to new game and thrives in having new experiences

Looper: Loyal to the games he enjoys and has a really hard time enjoying new other things. Sometimes tries new games but never gets excited enough with them and goes back to the "loop" he enjoys. Very rare to change "loop", but eventually does it.

Mixer: Loops between new games frequently (is a mix of jumper and looper except his "loop" is changing more frequently).

-----

If you feel you fit in a new category pick "Other"....and give it a funny name (>_<)
    I play what I enjoy or feel like it. It's a game after all, not a girlfriend that I must not cheat with someone else. I play mostly anything that is RPG, from WoW to Asssassins Creed to Pathfinder Kingmaker, or strategy games like EU4, Hoi4, Totalwar Warhammer... So many things, but I always come back to WoW from time to time as it's my all time favorite game

Guess I am a looper since I have been playing WoW since 2005.. Or maybe a Mixer since I do play other games on the side.

I'm guessing I'm a looper with a bit of mixer. I spend a lot of time replaying games. I'm always playing FFXIV. I'm currently replaying Trails in the Sky FC (and I replayed CS1+2 four times each over the past two years). I play a new game every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Guess I am a looper since I have been playing WoW since 2005.. Or maybe a Mixer since I do play other games on the side.
    I also picked looper because...the truth is...i always "give up" on every new game i play and always come back to wow.
    I started thinking "maybe is all psychological" because this is really strange.
    Decided to go with a more open mind into new games...and im kinda having more fun now for how long? Who knows...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I play a new game every now and then.
    Me too!
    But my defining factor is that i never finish them and always give up (>_<)

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess "Mixer" would go for me but I'm not sure. I like to have one game of each genre available so I can easily have different play styles. For example, WoW is, and will probably always be my go-to mmorpg. Apex is my current favorite FPS game, smash ultimate for when i want quick, fun matches.

I pretty much exclusively play WoW, with some random bursts of a new game every 9-12 months that last a week or so. Maybe this'll change after I upgrade my PC before Shadowlands so I can actually enjoy some new shit without it being painful.

i am a cheater

i mainly play WoW most of the time, but every now and then i have an affaire with diablo, minecraft, ark, csgo and maybe very few others.

i need those affaires to appreciate my wow

Quote Originally Posted by Mauzi92 View Post
    i am a cheater

i mainly play WoW most of the time, but every now and then i have an affaire with diablo, minecraft, ark, csgo and maybe very few others.

i need those affaires to appreciate my wow
    LoL, do you also have phonecalls with WoW while redhanded for maximum pleasure?
    Why did i post this...im such a degenerate.

Throughout an average year I probably spend most of it playing WoW and probably another 3-4 games besides. So I'd definitely fall into the looper category.

That said, recently I've been really entranced by Borderlands 3, but much like any game where the endgame revolves around acquiring better gear, I'll eventually lose interest.

The same is true for WoW, I long since stopped caring about gear past a certain point, and I don't play difficult content to challenge myself. I play primarily to expand my collections of cosmetics, mounts, pets and toys.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Looper.

My main game is WoW.

I try very very few new things, as I'm really hard to impress. I can spend years without finding anything interesting to play, and Steam guys are used with me refunding games after trying them and not being entertained by them.

Even now I had Gears Tactics on my wishlist, but when it got released I felt like "MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHH" and didn't buy it.

Maybe I'm just over video games.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-05-03 at 10:24 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would say a combination of Looper and Mixer.

I'll try other games, mostly single player, but returning to WoW always feel like slipping into an old pair of familiar slippers

7+ Year Old Account
    Mixer/looper kinda.

I have a lot of games I always come back to and play over and over(WoW, Okami, FFIX, Jak and Daxter series, Dragon Age series, Journey etc).
    But I do play newer games just that a lot of newer games don't really fit me. The types of games I like aren't really made anymore.
    Last edited by Pakheth; 2020-05-03 at 10:57 AM.

Mixer, I quickly get bored playing the same game.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

I generally keep games in Catagories

First the longer epics I may play on occasion to completion...kinda like a novel
    I have the smaller side games I play not really for full completion but something I just work on for a little extra fun
    cycle between 3 card games on the pc
    and whatever fighter I happen to fancy for the month

Example:
    Long Epic: FF7 Remake Hard Modes
    Rogue Like: Super Metroid/ALTTP combo Randomizer
    Card Game: cycle between MTGArena, Hearthstone, and Slay the Spire depending on mood.
    Fighter: Dragonball FighterZ

I'm a looper (WoW) with rare bursts of Mixer, where I'll usually play games like Anno 1800, Spore, Banished. Got 400+ hours in Banished alone.

Jumper I guess. I'm always looking forward to the next game coming out even if I haven't finished the last 5 games that came out. My friends always make fun of me because no matter how close to the end of a game I am it usually takes me about a year to come back to a game and finish it because other things come out and distract me. As far as MMOs go I tend to bounce between WoW and FFXIV based on which one has a new expansion coming out that year (so far they've alternated perfectly) because I'm addicted to the new expansion experience, but I usually end up unsubbing within a month or two only to come back two years later for the last patch leading into the next expansion (usually x.3 for WoW and x.5 for FFXIV).