*randomly guesses at a teletubby themed mafia game*

I could be wrong.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post

I could be wrong.
    Well sikku generally thinks we're idiots when it comes to mafia so im calling a Jersey Shore theme!

10+ Year Old Account

I could be wrong.
    I won't have the time for it, but if it's a teletubby themed game, I WILL FIND THE TIME!

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously though, Silkku, are you doing a teletubbie themed game?

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

Will town ever win a game again? More news at 11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Yeah, lesson learned here was not to lynch me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I have a surefire way for town to win. I will implement it next game.

Deleted
    Aww man, that did not go as I had planned. Because I forgot the rule about not being able to recruit the same person two nights in a row.
    And Listo, you really can't blame us entirely. Silkku played that really well. He had been scumhunting like a boss, while you hadn't done anything but claim smuggler for the past two or three day fases.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to know the priority order because I feel like my redirect rarely happened in time to do anything, in fact I don't think our redirects really did anything all game!

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    Aww man, that did not go as I had planned. Because I forgot the rule about not being able to recruit the same person two nights in a row.
    And Listo, you really can't blame us entirely. Silkku played that really well. He had been scumhunting like a boss, while you hadn't done anything but claim smuggler for the past two or three day fases.
    He spent two days attempting to Lynch the doctor and you went along with "Well I guess its something that could be a real win condition."

10+ Year Old Account
    LaS now means Lynch all Silkkus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    He spent two days attempting to Lynch the doctor and you went along with "Well I guess its something that could be a real win condition."
    Actually, I didn't just "go along with it". I pointed out, numerous times, even after the discussion had ended, that I felt like something was off about the roleclaim. But I didn't really believe any roleclaim at that point, save for the Masons and ElyPop's Hodor VT. At the end of the day, I just voted on who I felt had contributed the least to the town at that point. And I voted wrong. I'm all the wiser for it.

Postgame 30 apology/awards post.

--

First of all, I need to apologize for getting myself modkilled. Some of you might think I got modkilled for using the win condition to clear LaReine. That is not quite correct. I actually asked if I could, and was not forbidden to do so (though Krayzy preferred if I didn't goad anyone else into telling their wincon). As several of you pointed out; not every mod would have allowed such play. So I better ask before I did it. And when I did, I must admit I felt I found a pretty clever angle of using it.

The reason I got modkilled was referring to that very discussion I had with Krayzy. It may not have been obvious, but I was inadvertedly forcing Krayzy to acknowledge or strike down on me on that discussion; and if he would acknowledge that I had it, I would be mod-confirmed as a town player. See the problem there? Krayzy had no choice but to kill me. I support his decision. I would have done the same in his shoes. Of course, that was just a stupid slip-up. The act itself of referring to Krayzy's PM was ... stupid, but I can live with being modkilled for being stupid. It wouldn't have cost me any sleep.

But there is a bigger problem here. Since many mods would never have allowed such play, there is also the angle that the moment I used it and DIDN'T get modkilled, Krayzy would also in-directly confirm that I had asked him - or played like a bastard player. By not modkilling me, he would then also confirm that I was a townie. It was a bad situation to be in, and I am wholly guilty for putting myself in it. I wanted to win, and didn't really think through the consequences. In short - I will never use such play ever again. I will also recommend future mods to say no to such requests; and/or make such requests impossible by posting a few sample role cards, making cheesing of rolecard information impossible.

Because yes, what I am guilty of - which didn't go against the explicit rules, but went against the spirit of the game - is cheesing the rules. And that I am still feeling guilty for. And it is weighing on my conscience. I feel I broke a rule bigger than anyone stated in the game. Getting away with only a modkill seems like I got off easy, to be honest. And I am really sorry about how this hurt my team. The endgame might have looked quite differently had I not done what I did (I would still have died that night, but several others might not have).

--

Second of all; I want to give out some props for good play.

Silkku - that was an amazing feat, pulling off what you did. You steered the votes very well. You outsmarted the other players. And you won deservedly. I just read through the other chat logs; it's impressive how close you were at times to being revealed. But - well done, that endgame was a beauty to behold, especially how you framed listo like you did!

PistolPink - This cannot possibly be your first game of mafia. You did incredibly well, apart from at the game-deciding mistaken vote and reason for it at the endgame. If the game really had 0% chance of a town loss, you would already have won. You were also really wrong about me and Elypop being scumbuddies, and I miiiight have to hold a keyboard barbecue party down the line - but still. I think you did very very well; let's forget about that for now!

Kel - I cannot overstate how extremely happy I am about the change in your playstyle! Yes, you messed up a little with your list. By that list I could reasonably rule out you being anyone except survivor, traitor, scum, lying in your list, mason or Gendry. I was Gendry, and you did a comment which welcomed/taunted me to find your role - so you shouldn't really be masons. Too bad I ended up on the wrong conclusion of the remaining options! But still. If you keep up with that playstyle, I will officially be your fanboy
    Last edited by Danner; 2013-08-18 at 10:34 AM.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Deleted
    Thanks Danner. Now I feel slightly better about throwing the game away.

... And my keyboard is probably doing wonders for my digestion by now. :/

Deleted
    Bbeautiful end flavor by Dyra

Listo you really need to be more active, especially once you were only townie that knew without doubt who were scum. You just let me run the show and didn't stop to wonder what I was aimong for even though you knew I was either SK or Mafia (unlikely mafia but still...). Claiming Smuggler won't get you far

Kray the reason why I had 0 hope in my win was befause this game was so heavily stacked against SK win. No Fake CCs, 5 investigators that can all spot me, solo win, 2 redirects, 2 bombs and potential risk of NKs while all I had on my side was double vests and the fact that roles were not listed in OP. Only reason I won was ridiculous amounts of luck that placed me into a position where I could even fight for a win

Next game won't be teletubbies

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the redirects worked on you though Silkku, or you should have died that night!

I think your kill must have been top priority, maybe after protects.

This game has really made me want to watch GoT now

Also Silkku, what inspired your very random role claim by the way, the totally made up role xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    I don't think the redirects worked on you though Silkku, or you should have died that night!

I think your kill must have been top priority, maybe after protects.

This game has really made me want to watch GoT now

Also Silkku, what inspired your very random role claim by the way, the totally made up role xD
    I was bored while working (low mental stimulus in carrying stuff around) and out of action because I missed almost a whole game day. I prefer being in the eye of the storm so I started coming up with stuff to claim that would cause biggest uproars the following day.

Other stuff I was thinking was Busdriver, Gunsmith (NK available for person I choose at the end of day), Governor (able to overrule a voting once per game), claiming my own role to make people suspect a Fool role, full time Lyncher (I turned this into an "alternate win condition") and Jailer that can communicate with their target during nights and then decide if he wants to execute them at the end of night

First of all, I need to apologize for getting myself modkilled. Some of you might think I got modkilled for using the win condition to clear LaReine. That is not quite correct. I actually asked if I could, and was not forbidden to do so (though Krayzy preferred if I didn't goad anyone else into telling their wincon). As several of you pointed out; not every mod would have allowed such play. So I better ask before I did it. And when I did, I must admit I felt I found a pretty clever angle of using it.

The reason I got modkilled was referring to that very discussion I had with Krayzy. It may not have been obvious, but I was inadvertedly forcing Krayzy to acknowledge or strike down on me on that discussion; and if he would acknowledge that I had it, I would be mod-confirmed as a town player. See the problem there? Krayzy had no choice but to kill me. I support his decision. I would have done the same in his shoes. Of course, that was just a stupid slip-up. The act itself of referring to Krayzy's PM was ... stupid, but I can live with being modkilled for being stupid. It wouldn't have cost me any sleep.

But there is a bigger problem here. Since many mods would never have allowed such play, there is also the angle that the moment I used it and DIDN'T get modkilled, Krayzy would also in-directly confirm that I had asked him - or played like a bastard player. By not modkilling me, he would then also confirm that I was a townie. It was a bad situation to be in, and I am wholly guilty for putting myself in it. I wanted to win, and didn't really think through the consequences. In short - I will never use such play ever again. I will also recommend future mods to say no to such requests; and/or make such requests impossible by posting a few sample role cards, making cheesing of rolecard information impossible.

Because yes, what I am guilty of - which didn't go against the explicit rules, but went against the spirit of the game - is cheesing the rules. And that I am still feeling guilty for. And it is weighing on my conscience. I feel I broke a rule bigger than anyone stated in the game. Getting away with only a modkill seems like I got off easy, to be honest. And I am really sorry about how this hurt my team. The endgame might have looked quite differently had I not done what I did (I would still have died that night, but several others might not have).
    I'm not quite sure I'm following you here. I can't remember Krayzy saying anything about the matter of you being able to use it or not in game thread. Thus... what you claim Krayzy have said to you in PM is all ok. As you can see if you read my thread I had a lot of thoughts of possible claims and what was possible or not without claiming character. I had several other thought of what I could and could not claim but also what I could say that Krayzy had told me (which he hadn't) to make my claim stronger. Just saying something like, "I asked and I can't actually claim my full actual role because I would then reveal my character." Anything and everything can be faked. Not just my role, but that I asked Krayzy or what he replied. What the MOD writes in game thread is true and that alone (unless it's a a bastard game *not looking at worgen* ), what players says the mod has said and/or done may be just as bogus as any other claim. In the end, it came down to me not needing to fake much else other than that I said I was going to protect on N5 when all I could actually do on that night was to kill or do nothing. Since I knew there were scum redirections, saying that I was going to use Vigilante on that night would have instantly doomed the town.

I could see you getting mod killed for quoting (not limited to the forum quote function and can be just a short part) your role card. But for what you did, not really. Your mistake was that you actually assumed LaReine to be town when she didn't really have to be. If a scum replied honestly to your "question" what would it have been? Yep, the same as LaReine. I think Krayzy's misstake was that he knew LaReine to be townie and knew you "knew" it too and thought it had worked.

While it would have been a bold move for you to do it as scum, it's not at all impossible either. You can easily assume what a town win condition is based on your own. If it so happens that you are wrong, you just claim that it actually is your win condition and that perhaps the mod just had several similarily worded win conditions. You can even go ahead and claim that the mod confirmed that there were differently worded conditions. When someone confronts you again that the mod confirmed to them it wasn't or that the mod didn't want to confirm at all, you say that the mod came back and said it was a mistake. None of this require a mod to really step in and say anything.

One thing I've leared over the (what is it now?) 8-ish games that I've been involved in modding is that silence one of the best tools as a mod (the saying fits!). If you want you can look back to I think it was the Christmas game or the game before that. Someone (I think it was Anakso) asked a couple of really "stupid" questions to me in the game thread. I think I did way to much that I even acknowledge the question in the game thread.

As long as the mod confirms nothing in the game thread, a lot of stuff may just be an outright lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkku View Post
    Bbeautiful end flavor by Dyra
    Thank you. ^_^

If Krayzy wants to add his own flavour text natually I'll happily re-open the thread for him.

Also I'm more than happy to offer my Statcat services and flavour writing when I'm dead/between games.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.