I used to visit the old Wizards of the Coast boards a lot before they royally screwed their forums by switching to Drupal and pretty much ruining everything XD

I had never heard of mafia (online or RL), although they had a hidden forum just for it at the time. Every now and then they would host a Magic themed game on the M:tG boards as an invitational, to get people to come over to the mafia forum. I joined in for a "Booster Draft" themed game during Return to Ravnica, where everyone got assigned as one card from a booster pack.

Sadly, I only got to play in like 4 or 5 games there before {insert health drama} -- and then the transition to Drupal happened and destroyed the community and eventually that group shut down (like happens to so many things on the internet). But it was a lot of fun, even though games were regularly <15 people. My favorite game so far is still from those days.

After joining MMO-C's forums, I saw your guys's cool dagger sigs! Since I hadn't played in a little while, I figured why not, right?!

10+ Year Old Account
    What in the hell is Drupal and why does it sound so evil?

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    I never actually knew people looked at our games that way at all. That's sad, how many others are there judging us! D:

When I first saw it I wanted to join but didn't know how, this was back when there was no discussion thread there was just an active game thread and if you weren't playing you couldn't post so I had no where to post to be like "hey I'm interested but know nothing about the game", I didn't know anything about Mafia back then, or how long games took so it took several games for me to find one at the right time to post in (After the game ended) and ask about joining the next one but I eventually made it, and I played in almost every game since then but took a break (as everyone needs one sometimes) for a few games a while ago.
    I looked at it that way because I didn't understand it and was too afraid of trying it. \o/

When I read designer mafia I had no idea where people got all those night actions and from. I didn't understand how'd they did it. At first I thought they all PM'd the mod, and I thought that was really, really obnoxious. Then I played my harry potter game and got sent a pm and voila a QT. I had no idea about them and then everything clicked.

Nah, they just communicated through telepathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    What in the hell is Drupal and why does it sound so evil?
    It's a Content Management System (CMS) like Joomla or Rubedo.

It's a system to manage user accounts, basically -- and whatever things you want to do with those users (blogs, media storage, forums, etc.). Basically, a system to roll up a lot of the social Web 1.0 things with early Web 2.0 things. MMO-Champ uses vBulletin.

A lot of these things came about in the early aughts. Kind of...these are the things that emerged from the ashes of the dot-com burst. There's many dozen now.

Drupal is good at some things, but not gaming forums (imho).

I remember implementing a PHP-Nuke website for my guild in vanilla. Good times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understood about 75% of that.

Something.

That's probably more than most people who actually attempt to implement a CMS.

You're much more technologically savvy than I am then! I usually just push random buttons and smack things to get them to work if they break. It's proven to be surprisingly effective in some cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Planeshaper View Post
    That's probably more than most people who actually attempt to implement a CMS.
    Nice. Center for medicare and medicaid services.

Something.

15+ Year Old Account
    I had just become a mod, and Arlee was like "YOU SHOULD PLAY THIS MAFIA GAME" and I did some minor actual RP in it and then I was like "I would like to do this again if only to kill people"

I missed the signup thread for like three games in a row.

I finally paid enough attention to the current game to be ready when the next thread went up.

I got banned from the forum on day 1 and didn't get to play my first game.

There is a fair chance that I may have to move back a game. the Lab stress is going to continue to be insane for another two weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of games being moved back, does anyone know where Kraykray went?

Something.

I used to play mafia with a deck of cards years ago. Had no idea it was a big Internet thing until I saw the threads here. Lurked for a few, then joined. Deca and I lost Danner and Elvinia by N2 and proceeded to completely fail to murder Largehorn on multiple occasions. Been playing since!

Quote Originally Posted by Reticence View Post
    completely fail to murder Largehorn on multiple occasions.
    That was a beautiful game mostly because it was all caused by Mercy thinking I was scum and repeatedly jailing me (VT FTW!). If you wonderful people haven't read Danner's Journal from that game, you really should.

mafia 41... never forget..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mercylolk View Post
    mafia 41... never forget..
    I loved 41. My second favorite game after the Bleach game.

16/17 are probably the best games ever played on this forum

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually don't remember 41 at all. I played, apparently, but I don't remember it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Listo
    Could be worse Ana. According to Deca due to you saying my name as listerine that is what he plans on calling me for all time.
    Oh wait, yeah I do. I forgot about this gem though. Looks like Listerine is back.

Something.

i think me and beesly blocked like 6 kills that game between the two of us lol
    also rip beesly... ;-;