I have seen these mafia threads for a long time now. never clicked one. Until I saw this Crossbell re-independence day title.
    I was like wtf? is that a trails series reference? and it got my attention. I still do not know what you are doing even after reading the first post but good luck whatever you are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I have seen these mafia threads for a long time now. never clicked one. Until I saw this Crossbell re-independence day title.
    I was like wtf? is that a trails series reference? and it got my attention. I still do not know what you are doing even after reading the first post but good luck whatever you are doing.
    It’s a fun game. Basically a whole bunch of lying and murdering each other.

3+ Year Old Account
    And calling each other 'sus' for saying something weird
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    It’s a fun game. Basically a whole bunch of lying and murdering each other.
    I love the concept. I always enjoyed those kind of table top games, or other kinds but well here no matter how I read I cannot understand. Like who decides who is the bad guy? usually in these kind of games, roles are decided before the game by random. you pick a card that says you are the murderer or similar. then 1-2 others as well. the rest are innocent. nobody knows who and you start putting lies and deceit in every conversation. I really love it. But here I cannot understand who determines the rules.

7+ Year Old Account
    I love the concept. I always enjoyed those kind of table top games, or other kinds but well here no matter how I read I cannot understand. Like who decides who is the bad guy? usually in these kind of games, roles are decided before the game by random. you pick a card that says you are the murderer or similar. then 1-2 others as well. the rest are innocent. nobody knows who and you start putting lies and deceit in every conversation. I really love it. But here I cannot understand who determines the rules.
    the mod of the game determines the flavor of the game (theme) and RNG assigns those that sign up roles. typically the scum team has a thread they can talk in, but town has to deduce based of daytime interactions, night action results and intuition.

As Marack said, each game is different based if its a themed game or a basic game.

In a nutshell, you have the town players and the mafia players. The town players cannot speak to each other outside the game thread and must read into what everyone is posting to try and deduce who the scum players are. The scum players have their own private chat where they can talk to each other at all times. They get access to a factional night kill which allows them to kill a player each night, unless it is prevented.

On the town side, the basic recurring roles are Cop and Doctor. Cop can use a night action to discover if a player is Mafia. The doctor can choose a player and prevent them from being killed by a night kill. Each game is different because each moderator may add specific roles.

If you want to try a more basic game, my game is next and will be basic, but with a twist.

As Marack said, roles are decided by RNG and you get a rolecard or private forum URL sent to you via PM that tells you what your role and win-con is.

- - - Updated - - -

An example of the game is the Town of Salem video game. You can also look at the wiki page to see all potential roles that can be used.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been a whole 2 minutes since the last game ended, where is the next sign up?

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    It's been a whole 2 minutes since the last game ended, where is the next sign up?
    It will be up later. It's written. I just need to come up with a clever name.

10+ Year Old Account
    80's workout aerobics.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually don't. I have the theme for my next game.

3+ Year Old Account
    MMo Champ's bizzare Mafia adventure

Last edited by CerealLord; 2021-01-27 at 04:51 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Headdesks

Ok, coming up with blurbs/RP every Mafia Day/Night/Kill is going to be hard af

Writing isn't my strength. But, I'll try my best

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Headdesks

You don't have to have lengthy RP moments like Val did or whatever. Just create what you enjoy. Don't pressure yourself.

Also I'm going to make a game and it's gonna be 1980's themed.

@listo95 @Val the Moofia Boss what is the QT tool you use to make role cards?

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to have lengthy RP moments like Val did or whatever. Just create what you enjoy. Don't pressure yourself.

https://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~andreasd/ma...card_builder2/

The tool Listo mentioned.

Might be a little confusing at first. You click on the + Card sign to generate a new card, then click that card. Then click on the + Style sign to generate a new style, and then click that style.

You can swap between the card code and the style code by clicking on either the card, or the style you had just generated.

Here is the code for the last game's role cards:

Card code (in the rolecard builder, click on the new card you just generated and paste this into the white box)

Style code (click on the new style you just generated and paste this into the white box)

- - - Updated - - -

And then if you want custom images, save a picture, upload it to Imgur, resize it down to like 200 x 200 or smaller (in my experience, resizing in paint leads to horrible compression, so use imgur to do it), save it, then reupload to imgur, and then link that in your rolecard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok thanks. I'm gonna get busy hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Headdesks

will your game be ready after this one? if not maybe someone help you get it ready as a co mod

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mercychan View Post
    will your game be ready after this one? if not maybe someone help you get it ready as a co mod
    It should be yes. Cereal is helping me, so I should be fine lol

- - - Updated - - -

I have a RP blurb written out already too

Tentatively planning to mod another game.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Tentatively planning to mod another game.
    Yay! What theme?