Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Ashrock View Post
    how most of you truly believe what anet stated saying "This game will not be grind-based"
    If you think they were saying that, you didn't read/listen to the entire sentence.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-15 at 03:53 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I believe he is fully aware that it is not an auction house. Arguing about terminology is never anywhere near helpful to the conversation. In most popular MMOs it is called an auction house, and it is very similar to those.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is NOTHING similar to what an auction house is, actually. It's just a confortable interface so you don't have to waste your time spamming
    You have no idea how many billion posts i read whining to Anet about WoW and their AH, and how much EVERYONE hates that damned spam we had for years and years. It was a community gift.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    If you think they were saying that, you didn't listen to the entire sentence.
    It's part of it. I know you got it too, Drake

I personally thought it was kinda hard to figure out when i first tried it, but quickly found out. I wish that the TP wouldn't reset to its frontpage everytime you close it.

Also, isn't preview confirmed to be comming for TP soon?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's part of it. I know you got it too, Drake
    In the past, we’ve talked about how in Guild Wars 2 we designed the game to avoid a common problem in many MMOs: grinding through chunks of boring, repetitive content to get to the occasional pockets of fun.
    Doesn't matter if it's "part" of it. Context is the most important thing in communication.

That sentence means that the grind, period, isn't removed. They've said that they've removed the idea of grinding shit that's boring just to get to the stuff that's fun.
    If what you're doing isn't fun, that's your problem. Until you are doing something that you feel is boring/repetitive/mindless and are not enjoying it, you're not grinding.

Hence why everybody who played WoW when it first started were all exclaiming "AMGHERD THERE'S NO GRIND!" because it did a fantastic job of masking that grind relative to EQ.

You really need to stop coloring each and every post you can with such negative and inaccurate off-topic commentation.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-15 at 03:57 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter if it's "part" of it. Context is the most important thing in communication.
    Well. Playing gw1 we had the grind (and grind and grind) of gold solofarming and UW/FoW solofarming. Here we have dungeon tokens group farming, DE group farming, mats group farming. What else?

They was talking about TP, they knew what was going to happen: exactly what you wrote before. WTF, an exotic for 25s? An item sold 2 copper more than vendor? Hey they are losing money, are they idiot? No, just desperate of money. Desperation leading you to lower and lower and lower till 2 copper more than merch.
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-09-15 at 03:59 PM.

There is NOTHING similar to what an auction house is, actually.
    Actually if you read your own link from your other reply... the BLTC is only slightly different from a uniform price auction or a discriminatory price auction with elements of reverse auction available.
    Last edited by openair; 2012-09-15 at 04:03 PM.

What I don't like is how the pricing is 100% fucked up for most items. People are selling it so low that they should just be vendoring it, and don't even realize it.

Worst part is, I can't just go to a different server to find a better economy. This is it.
    If it is low to sell, it is low to buy. But I can assure you this, even if each server had its own economy, the prices wouldn't be much higher, although there would be more spots of attriction. Thing about this game is that you don't need gear, you can lvl up with really crappy gear and still have a fun experience, not to mention you can buy gear with karma. Demand is low, supply is high, the economy was designed that way.

---------- Post added 2012-09-15 at 04:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    I personally thought it was kinda hard to figure out when i first tried it, but quickly found out. I wish that the TP wouldn't reset to its frontpage everytime you close it.

Also, isn't preview confirmed to be comming for TP soon?
    The quality of life I wanted is not having to go through the gem store tab to get to the TP tab.

What I don't like is how the pricing is 100% fucked up for most items. People are selling it so low that they should just be vendoring it, and don't even realize it.

Worst part is, I can't just go to a different server to find a better economy. This is it.
    By better economy, you mean one small enough to manipulate the supply-demand ratios by yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    Actually if you read your own link from your other reply... the BLTC is only slightly different from a uniform price auction or a discriminatory price auction.
    An auction is a process of buying and selling goods or services by offering them up for bid, taking bids, and then selling the item to the highest bidder. In economic theory, an auction may refer to any mechanism or set of trading rules for exchange.
    Now we want to play the game of economic variations of an AH? TP doens't have any bid, period. Price is 1g. You buy, it's yours. You don't buy, its for the next one.
    And you lost it. The same of going to the supermarket, willing to buy your salami. Damn, out of stock, someone bough all before you arrived.

That sentence means that the grind, period, isn't removed. They've said that they've removed the idea of grinding shit that's boring just to get to the stuff that's fun.
    If what you're doing isn't fun, that's your problem. Until you are doing something that you feel is boring/repetitive/mindless and are not enjoying it, you're not grinding.

Hence why everybody who played WoW when it first started were all exclaiming "AMGHERD THERE'S NO GRIND!" because it did a fantastic job of masking that grind relative to EQ.

You really need to stop coloring each and every post you can with such negative and inaccurate off-topic commentation.
    I'm sorry. What part of "I can buy an entire exotic armor set +weapons even just killing lv1 moas craftin and selling to a vendor with mats using a kit". Or just buying gem, you lost?
    If this isn't "This game have no grind", well. The occasional pocket of fun is (to make an example) your Obsidian armor. You have to farm gold, or farm UW. Or play the powerseller method. No middle way, if you want your Obsidian. Now you get your full exotic set even killing lv1 moas (i made 1g, with lv1 moas )

Offtopic? Wasn't this thread about a cloud of joy about an AH we don't have and the interserver market (market filled of things dropped from other and bough by the first guy killing moas, after all it's 2 copper more than merch, and exotics are a few silvers)?
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-09-15 at 04:13 PM.

Now we want to play the game of economic variations of an AH? TP doens't have any bid, period. Price is 1g. You buy, it's yours. You don't buy, its for the next one.
    And you lost it. The same of going to the supermarket, willing to buy your salami. Damn, out of stock, someone bough all before you arrived.
    It's no game. I am simply using definitions from your own link. Read more than the first paragraph of your own link!

AHs can also (and in many way more susceptible) be out of stock. So that was a nice irrelevant tangent i guess?

Deleted
    Yeah I really like it and the fact you can browse, buy or sell from anywhere is also a nice feature. I wish they would add a preview feature to it though, it's nice to see the items you might be buying.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's no game. I am simply using definitions from your own link. Read more than the first paragraph of your own link!

AHs can also (and in many way more susceptible) be out of stock. So that was a nice irrelevant tangent i guess?
    Sometimes, salami is out of stock, damn I wish i could bid my salami, today
    Multi-unit auctions sell more than one identical item at the same time, rather than having separate auctions for each. This type can be further classified as a uniform price auction or a discriminatory price auction.
    I help you. Uniform and discriminatory auctions exists when a large amount of the same item is sold. STILL, ON BID. Now i'm done with your game

Sometimes, salami is out of stock, damn I wish i could bid my salami, today

I help you. Uniform and discriminatory auctions exists when a large amount of the same item is sold. STILL, ON BID.
    And ill help you. Single winning bids are still bids... And place custom offers are bids for items at lower prices.

Bidding is an offer (often competitive) of setting a price one is willing to pay for something. A price offer is called a bid. The term may be used in context of auctions, stock exchange, card games, or real estate.
    Last edited by openair; 2012-09-15 at 04:28 PM.

I hoped this would be a joke thread, but alas you are serious. It's pretty good though. Sucks having to sort, but the ability to see the prices of everything from my bags is pretty handy.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your talking built in trading post you might possibly be right, however add ons make my other mmos trading posts laugh at GW2 for functionality, so if your not an add on fan then yes it is top notch.

---------- Post added 2012-09-15 at 05:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by parcus View Post
    But I can assure you this, even if each server had its own economy, the prices wouldn't be much higher,
    You may well assure me, but I dont believe you for a second, if you ever played any restricted server mmos you can hop on each server and see massive imbalances in pricing...the statement you said makes no sense, supply and demand and all that.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-09-15 at 05:07 PM.

There is quite some room for improvement.

-Gear sorting. Cannot sort between light/medium/heavy armor.
    -Preview. Cant get any preview on it, sucks if you are just browsing for some cool skin. Or just want to avoid looking stupid.
    -Crafting Material sorting. Either you get everything, or nothing. Cant sort based on discipline.
    -Technical issues. Its essentially a webbased system, and that runs into a wide range of technical issues.
    -Search function is just weird. If you try to look broad you sometimes get nothing because its not specific enough, and when you look very specifically for something you get EVERYTHING. Even stuff that doesnt share any part of the name or is even in the same item group.

It has some cool functions, being able to sell from anywhere and the buy order. But it also lacks some features that i'd come to expect as standard.

Deleted
    The name trading post vs auction is pure semantics at this point and a pointless argument so let's keep this on track please... I think everyone in the thread understands what in-game feature is being referred to.

I don't like the fact that I have to work harder than most games to make money off it... but since it's global I guess that's for the best, I'm used to economies being much easier to manipulate. This one is pretty solid for game stability, bad for people like me who see economies as a mini-game, although, I do like a challenge.

I love the buy order system, and I love the fact that it's all buyout as opposed to auctions. Selling from anywhere = amazing.

I'd like to see some improvements such as better filter/searching, better logs of what you've bought/sold, ability to preview (which they've said they're already working on), and most of all for me, more transparency on fees (please don't make me do math!) for both placing buyorders and selling items. It's also still kinda slow and buggy at times for me, I guess there is still some optimization to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    And ill help you. Single winning bids are still bids... And place custom offers are bids for items at lower prices.
    Bidding is an offer (often competitive) of setting a price one is willing to pay for something. A price offer is called a bid. The term may be used in context of auctions, stock exchange, card games, or real estate.
    One=someone=a customer aka bidder. Who can be alone without competition IF HAPPENS , until Lucas Ashrock pass by and yell "2G!" Meh, i won, say goodbye to your armor. (and cannot be forced to be a one bidder auction , or it's just a simple buy/sell).
    Obiouvsly the owner of what's on auction can say "No, i don't accept, forget it". I did billion times on AH on WoW. You cannot do it on TP. IF you're still in time, you can take back your item. If someone with cash passed, you lost your object forever maybe .

On TP you want, you have cash, you buy. There is 1? Who was online with cash bough. Was it the last one? Jeez, i feel so sorry for you

Bro, you're playing the economy game with the wrong user XD

10+ Year Old Account
    My point? Destroy the happyness of the OP, explaining him the truth he didn't get yet. Like what he will drop / craft will not be sold if not for a spit of silvers. Like drop he will not use will not excite him so much, thinking to make money on it. Like TP is not an AH, and it's just a bad habit to call it AH (which in fact, makes people laugh, on /Map ) so i'm saving him some laugh on his back , hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    The name trading post vs auction is pure semantics at this point and a pointless argument so let's keep this on track please... I think everyone in the thread understands what in-game feature is being referred to.

I don't like the fact that I have to work harder than most games to make money off it... but since it's global I guess that's for the best, I'm used to economies being much easier to manipulate. This one is pretty solid for game stability, bad for people like me who see economies as a mini-game, although, I do like a challenge.

I love the buy order system, and I love the fact that it's all buyout as opposed to auctions. Selling from anywhere = amazing.

I'd like to see some improvements such as better filter/searching, better logs of what you've bought/sold, ability to preview (which they've said they're already working on), and most of all for me, more transparency on fees (please don't make me do math!) for both placing buyorders and selling items. It's also still kinda slow and buggy at times for me, I guess there is still some optimization to do.
    If you truly love economy games, take your time. When you will grow you money counter to some high numbers (500g+, 1000 and the game is yours) you will be able to play as a god, on GW2. Fun at beginning, after a bit you just get bored, and quit, you just destroyed the game, people is mass leaving I remember an MMO who got this destiny..
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-09-15 at 05:12 PM.