Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Your best derp moment?

I'll cut to the chase, I was in WvW and we was chasing the enemy and they fell off a cliff and we in the thrill of the chase did the same, we didn't realise it was a drop until it was to late, annoyingly there was a small ledge we just missed...

Everyone died but then the enemy got ressurected :/

Was funny while it lasted..

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...4_663733_o.jpg

Post some of your dumbest moments!

It actually reminded me a bit of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUScrqyccgE
    When we died.

Mod edit: By all that is holy. Please use a thumbnail or something. Goodness! ;p
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-09-17 at 12:28 AM.

Deleted
    My Derp moment.

When I felt twice in asura's main city thinking I was jumping on the stairs... Oh and ofc when I felt and died during jumping puzzles:P

Trying to shift attunement as a mesmer in 1v3 fight to gain more survivability, only to see all my illusions shattered and feel like a tard.

I thought that vengeance on the warrior was a resurrect ability and wondered why I kept dying after a certain amount of time.

Deleted
    In the eternal battle grounds there is a mini dungeon. My favourite spot is the small arena, i can solo it for a few hours with my rope pull and aoe to stop them jumping up the puzzle, so countless times i've blocked off a ton of people and they build up, then in the heat of the moment i accidentally evade off my platform. This has happened 4 or 5 times where i get too carried away button bashing and then i have fallen in to a small army of raging players waiting to spam emote and give me what i deserve

On my Ranger, using the Lightning Reflexes thinking I'd escape the mob, only to fall off the edge of the cliff / aircraft to my death...
    SW:TOR - Jedi Covenant (US East) Lvl 50 Toons: Akie (Ptech) / Rellyn (Sorc) / Raelor (Mara), Miya (Op) / Reirin (Sage)
    League of Legends - NA Server - Elrendor
    Guild Wars 2 - Sorrow's Furnace (NA) - Ryn Firestorm / Akee Bloodbringer

10+ Year Old Account
    using leap of faith just as a mob dies near a cliff...
    Sig: Left-aligned forms are the slowest of the three to complete because of the number of eye fixations they require to parse.

Deleted
    I have so many, I've come to realise that I'm really really not very good at this game.

- Realising at level 70+ that I didn't put any utilities on my underwater bars because I didn't realise you could
    - Realising at level 80 that I was still wearing level 20 underwater gear.
    - Running up to the top of a vista, standing near the edge, not being quite close enough, trying to inch forward, double tap rolling off the cliff. Multiple times and still not rebound it.
    - Trusting people who jump off cliffs, land, survive, I follow and die horribly.
    - Constantly hitting 4 thinking I'm in Air Attunement (Swiftness), but in fact still being in fire (Roll backwards), including whilst on a jumping puzzle, resulting in firey failure.

I had one today in a CoF magg run. I had the last bomb, like 15 seconds left, I was gonna cut it close but I was going to make it. Then I jumped off a ledge at the wrong spot with low health and died, so my entire group got blown up a few seconds later.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I have so many, I've come to realise that I'm really really not very good at this game.

- Realising at level 70+ that I didn't put any utilities on my underwater bars because I didn't realise you could
    - Realising at level 80 that I was still wearing level 20 underwater gear.
    - Running up to the top of a vista, standing near the edge, not being quite close enough, trying to inch forward, double tap rolling off the cliff. Multiple times and still not rebound it.
    That vista in Malchor's Leap? That was HILARIOUS.
    - Trusting people who jump off cliffs, land, survive, I follow and die horribly.
    Hey, it's not my fault you don't know how to fall properly.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    This happened on a Tournament-final at around 4am (I was VERY VERY tired).

1. I see that Mansion is getting capped by enemies
    2. I tell everyone on Skype that I'll go check it out and ask for help if needed
    3. I then proceed to 2vs1 an Elementalist and another Warrior (just about the only time ever I managed to 2vs1 people, lol)
    4. I cap the base until its 1 tick away from capping and then run away from the base, thinking I already capped it
    5. Get yelled at on Skype: "What the fuck are you doing man, you cleared the base but did not cap it?!?"
    6. Run back for the last tick to cap the base.
    7. Lose the match in the end by 5 points

Like a boss.

At least I felt good for 2vs1bg for once. Then I saw my Mesmer friend 3vs1 people, destroying my sense of achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Blossoming off of a cliff.

...I do this all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    On TA story, against last boss when you have to throw to him a sphere.

"K someone take that ball"

"I do, don't worry"

Running to the giant, i got knocked, falling on the floor with the sphere on my hands (i still don't know who made me fall lol)

Vista at top of high Krait tower. Think to be badass and use a launch ability to blow myself back and fly off the tower. Land on piece of wreckage sticking out. 24k falling damage. ow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearly died following a zerg off a cliff in wvwvw the other day, I JUST made it to the water, most others were not so lucky.

Deleted
    Ran with ~25 others in WvWvW, somehow I ended up in front. Went to a supply camp guarded by ~10 enemies plus NPCs. Figured we could easily take them out by sheer numbers.

Yeah, turns out that in the ~5 seconds since last I looked, everyone else had diverted to attack a heavily defended keep instead.

Derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    Nearly died following a zerg off a cliff in wvwvw the other day, I JUST made it to the water, most others were not so lucky.
    Just wanted to note that one of the best ways to kill a zerg doing a konga line after you in WvW is to jump off the cliff. You will die, and they will follow you like good lemmings 9/10 times. It's hilarious.

Deleted
    I was exploring the maps in wvw when suddenly I got chased by some d-bags who just wouldn't let me go. then I jumped to a rock and they tried to do the same.. they fell

Deleted
    Jumping down a bridge, because there's water under it. Only to realize that said water is only a puddle thus dieing horribly.
    Apparently it was quite amusing for my friends how that shortcut worked out for me.