Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fuggin priceless, lol. Making me wish I could play.

Also, is handsome Jack the best villain ever or what? Everytime he comes over the speaker, I end up lol'ing. Seriously the Diamond crusted horse bit killed me.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Fuggin priceless, lol. Making me wish I could play.

Also, is handsome Jack the best villain ever or what? Everytime he comes over the speaker, I end up lol'ing. Seriously the Diamond crusted horse bit killed me.
    Agreed, diamond pony... Claptrap is also amazing. Loving the humor, makes me want to play every quest.

Not having gun trouble, if on default difficulty and solo. First hard part was Flynt, using zer0.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post
    Tru dat. The most prominent problem was with Borderlands that the player was sickly underpowered. I hated Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot DLC becuase of this. It was almost unplayable. I had to cheat my way through it.

Otherwise it was an ok game. Looking forward to play Borderlands 2.

But first, I will play my free 7 days of WOW... omg i'm an idiot lol.
    What...
    Were we playing the same game?
    Try doing some side missions or something :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    What...
    Were we playing the same game?
    Try doing some side missions or something :|
    Something I used to debate a lot back when BL1 was shiny and new was this "Underpowered player" concept. For the most part, the game sort of gave of this non-serious, funny tone and gave many (most) of its players the idea that it was just going to be like Halo on easy mode; jump 50 feet in the air, facerushing into packs of gun toting enemies with trigger cemented down, never running out of ammo or actually having to aim.

What the reality was, however, was for most of the game, players actually had to time their initial attacks to avoid over pulling, they had to conserve ammo and actually spend time in their talent trees picking the skills and traits that were going to benefit their playstyle. On harder difficulties, if you weren't headshotting (Or just using an Elemental Siren ) you were going to run out of ammo before anything actually died.

Is this hard compared to other, more serious FPS? Not at all, however it definitely didn't match the tone that the game gave off and led many players to believe that the player itself was underpowered.

Moxxi's underdome is a whole different ballgame, however. Fuck that place
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Stayed up for 3 hours past the midnight unlock. So tired today, but gotta get home to play more. My brother watched me play and it convinced him to get his own copy today to play while I'm at work. So might not be a lonely solo adventure after all if I can group up with him.

I must be rusty from not playing the first game in a year, but the first few areas were a bit tougher than I expected. Playing as Axton, was getting messed up and died a few times until I finally unlocked the turret. But now I got a nice flame pistol and sniper rifle, and stopped after finishing the first major boss.

Enemies are a bit more unpredictable, which is good. And the brand differences on guns are even more pronounced now. They really stepped their game up from the first one.

Deleted
    Found an awesome Breaking Bad Easter Egg!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post
    Tru dat. The most prominent problem was with Borderlands that the player was sickly underpowered. I hated Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot DLC becuase of this. It was almost unplayable. I had to cheat my way through it.

Otherwise it was an ok game. Looking forward to play Borderlands 2.

But first, I will play my free 7 days of WOW... omg i'm an idiot lol.
    Yeaahhh BL1's mad moxxi DLC wasn't exactly meant for low levels, lol. There was a level 25+ recommended level I believe.

On the steam version, has anyone had problems with the .NET framework wanted to repair/install every time you launch the game? I'm pretty sure this comes with every game on steam, but this version is from 2005.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Yeaahhh BL1's mad moxxi DLC wasn't exactly meant for low levels, lol. There was a level 25+ recommended level I believe.
    I was 50 or 60 something when I got there. Mobs are scaling in that game pretty bad. Worse then Skyrim lol.

Anyone know if you can uninstall steam once you validate your copy?

i still cant launch the game.Just get the circle showing loading and nothing happen.I checked event history and it's to do with dotnet.Tried reinstalling same shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenlnir View Post
    On the steam version, has anyone had problems with the .NET framework wanted to repair/install every time you launch the game? I'm pretty sure this comes with every game on steam, but this version is from 2005.
    When it says "restart now or restart later" select restart later. The game will launch(or well, the launcher). Close that and then restart and then it shouldn't do it anymore!

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry if i'm stealing from the thread, but I don't want to make a new topic for this, so I figured I might toss this question into the Megathread, I pre-ordered the game from Gamestop (EB games in canada) for the bonuses and what not, but on getting it, I don't think/don't know if it was validated, it was delivered to my door step, is there anyone else out there who can shed light onto what I might need do?

Does the map and the menus strike anybody else as horribly blurry and hard to read?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Does the map and the menus strike anybody else as horribly blurry and hard to read?
    make sure the resolution is set to match your screen correctly. If it's not than the game seems to stretch it to fit and makes it blurry.

---------- Post added 2012-09-18 at 10:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    When it says "restart now or restart later" select restart later. The game will launch(or well, the launcher). Close that and then restart and then it shouldn't do it anymore!
    Yeah this is what I did and it worked fine. I still haven't restarted my computer because I'm afraid it will stop working. lol
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    Sorry if i'm stealing from the thread, but I don't want to make a new topic for this, so I figured I might toss this question into the Megathread, I pre-ordered the game from Gamestop (EB games in canada) for the bonuses and what not, but on getting it, I don't think/don't know if it was validated, it was delivered to my door step, is there anyone else out there who can shed light onto what I might need do?
    I think they would give you a code if you ordered the "pre-order bonus version" and not just a pre-order from EB. Anyway you can check in the game's main menu by going to downloadable content. If you have the pre-order bonus stuff it'll be there as "Borderlands 2 Premiere Club".

I've been playing near non-stop since release at midnight (except to sleep) and I have to say its a very great game. Animations are smooth, gameplay is fun, characters are so interesting and entertaining, and I'm having a good time playing it. There are some things that I've been having troubles with.

A) Loot seems to be pretty bad (at least up until the point I'm at, level 18). By this I mean the quest rewards and drops are just useless. I've been using the same assault rifle since level 5 because nothing has been better so far (and I stomp over every enemy, have had no trouble with any quest so far... at all...). Perhaps this changes later but I feel like in BL1 I was swapping out weapons every 15 minutes. Minor complaint.

B) Multiplayer is buggy almost to the point of not being playable. Random lag spikes on a solid connection, enemies appearing for one player but not the others, inventory bugging out completely and being unable to equip/select/drop items unless you dc/reconnect, environment issues - specifically related to jumping as most environment objects cause your character to freak out when jumping on things (hard to explain), one player not entering loading screen when traveling which causes never ending loading for the other players, and this really strange framerate issue that happens when playing multiplayer that doesn't happen at all in singleplayer. I played with a friend for about 14 hours so far (a few hours with a full group of 4 as well) and just a bit ago we gave up and went to singleplayer because of the amount of bugs and issues.

C) Not really an issue, but the game has the fallout: New Vegas feel to me. Basically, it feels like it could have been a huge dlc pack, meaning that its the exact same game but with ui improvements and a new story. There really isn't anything new or innovative, or at least to me. Its not a bad thing, BL1 was a great game, but I was kind of hoping for something new and exciting in the gameplay.

D) One thing I was kind of hoping for this time around was some way to customize your weapon. Perhaps this exists at a later level than I've reached but I haven't heard anything about it. For instance, I'd like to make an assault rifle with Corrosive damage, burst fire, and a very short scope on it, but unless a weapon like this drops for me and has this criteria, I will never see it. Would be a nice feature. Something that would be expensive or hard to be able to do, not something you can do for every gun you come across.

E) Travel in some areas gets redundant. Its not game breaking terrible, but there were a few quests that were of my level that sent me back to starter zones where no vehicles were available and there were no fast travel options, meaning I had to run for 10 minutes through level 3-5 mobs when I was at least 14 or 15 I want to say. It was annoying to have to trek all that way through mobs that I one shot and give 1xp. Not a big deal though.

The game is great so far and I'm really looking forward to more. I really wish the bugs in multiplayer could be addressed because to me the game begs to be played with a full group of 4 but until then I'll be going back to solo. I always stream while I'm playing as well so if you're interested in watching my Commando play through send me a pm and I'll give you the link

Quote Originally Posted by Krowz View Post
    C) Not really an issue, but the game has the fallout: New Vegas feel to me. Basically, it feels like it could have been a huge dlc pack, meaning that its the exact same game but with ui improvements and a new story. There really isn't anything new or innovative, or at least to me. Its not a bad thing, BL1 was a great game, but I was kind of hoping for something new and exciting in the gameplay.
    Really? did you accidently load up Borderlands instead of it's sequel? because they've added/improved plently.

New/improved variety of guns
    New enemies and types & improved AI
    New vehicles
    etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyratops View Post
    Really? did you accidently load up Borderlands instead of it's sequel? because they've added/improved plently.

New/improved variety of guns
    New enemies and types & improved AI
    New vehicles
    etc.
    I'm not saying its a bad thing, just slightly disappointing for me. New gun skins, enemy skins, and vehicle skins are nice but its not something I would call fresh and exciting, you know what I mean? When you're anticipating a sequel to a well received game with a much bigger budget and following, you're not saying to yourself "I can't wait for new weapon skins!". And to be honest, the game re-uses enemy skins everywhere, just with updated graphics.

My point was more of a I was hoping for a new class type, the 4 classes are great but they are essentially the same ones from BL1. Luckily, the first DLC will have a new class that I am anticipating. I love this game, but its still the same concept and gameplay of the first one but with prettier menu's and more attention to detail. When something isn't broken, don't fix it, but I was hoping for a little innovation. Like my above post said, I was hoping for weapon customization, that would have been spectacular in this game. I would love to create a weapon that suits my exact play style.

What about more than 1 option for your class skill? I love my turret but what if I had to make hard decisions between the trusty ol turret and say a healing turret that gave my party 10% life regen a second on a similar cooldown? Or a small little rolling tank that does less damage than the turret, but can move and follow you for its duration? I think the skill tree's are good, but they are all passive. I would have loved to have seen options for your active skill that you had to weigh based on the fight ahead of you.

BL2 follows the exact formula of BL1. In this case that is okay because BL1 was a great game, but I feel that it wouldn't have hurt for Gearbox to take some risks and come up with features that we haven't seen in this franchise.

Hey Guys - COMPLETE fps noob here so sorry if these are stupid questions

1) Best system to play an FPS such as this on? I have a ps3 (that I havent used in years), or my hardcore gaming PC (that is total overkill for the stuff I play lol)
    2) If I were to play it on PC, is there a way to play with two people off the system (like if I plugged in controllers and hooked the PC up to my TV).
    3) Is this game compatable between systems (i.e. if I get ps3 version, but my friends get on PC, can we play together)?

Thanks for the help (: