Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post

Nevertheless, this is as much of a trick question as the guy who asked how many hours the OP had played. If I pre-ordered prior to PvP being announced as a non-inclusion then you will say that I should have relized the game was a work in progress. If I pre-ordered after that, then you will say I should have known PvP wouldn't be coming.
    Everything they ask is more or less a trap. Coupled with the ridiculous straw manning that goes on in these conversations it's a wonder we get anything discussed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Are you beginning to see a trend here? Maybe you shouldn't rush into the next thing you want to buy?
    I told you that you'd do this and you did it anyway.

The broken trend here is not that I bought something and only got 3/4 of what I paid for. That rarely, if ever happens in the real world - people don't generally put up with that kind of shit. The broken trend is that a company that has always gone the extra mile in putting out a quality product, a company that has both verbally comitted to and actually demonstrated making sure a product is as close to perfect as they can get before turning it over to the general public, failed to do so.

As I said before. This aspect of D3 is something that everyone should be mad as hell about. And everyone needs to let Blizzard know that it is not acceptable, by any standard, to give us a game they know isn't done. If we don't, and Blizzard thinks we don't care, then what's to stop them with pulling this kind of BS on all their games?

"Here's MoP. Female Pandas aren't ready just yet, but it's okay - we'll get to them in 5.2." "Hooray for the next Starcraft Expansion! Uh... Terrans, you guys are exctly the same as the last expansion. But don't worry, we'll patch in some new units for you later." These sound kinda ridiculous. But really, it's no more absurd than, "Ten years in the making! Welcome to Diablo 3!!!! Go kill some minions of hell (but not each other, we're still woring on that)!"
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2012-09-19 at 08:03 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The broken trend here is not that I bought something and only got 3/4 of what I paid for.
    Here is the problem whether you want to admit to it or not is also your problem.

You bought a product before you knew what it was going to be. If you want to blame anyone it is only yourself to blame.

The broken trend is that a company that has always gone the extra mile in putting out a quality product,
    Broken trend? Are we talking about the same blizzard? The same blizzard that will delay anything as long as it takes for them to be happy with it? Do you really not know blizzard history of delaying projects and not giving releases dates until the last minute because they could decide to start over at anytime?

I see no broken trend here. They feel pvp isn't up to snuff for them so they are still working on it.

a company that has both verbally comitted to and actually demonstrated making sure a product is as close to perfect as they can get before turning it over to the general public, failed to do so
    So you would have no problems providing something showing them saying D3 would be a perfect game?

As I said before. This aspect of D3 is something that everyone should be mad as hell about. And everyone needs to let Blizzard know that it is not acceptable, by any standard, to give us a game they know isn't done. If we don't, and Blizzard thinks we don't care, then what's to stop them with pulling this kind of BS on all their games?
    You bought something before you knew what it was......... No one to blame but yourself.

"Here's MoP. Female Pandas aren't ready just yet, but it's okay - we'll get to them in 5.2." "Hooray for the next Starcraft Expansion! Uh... Terrans, you guys are exctly the same as the last expansion. But don't worry, we'll patch in some new units for you later." These sound kinda ridiculous. But really, it's no more absurd than, "Ten years in the making! Welcome to Diablo 3!!!! Go kill some minions of hell (but not each other, we're still woring on that)!"

Wasn't anything like that though was it.

They told you 3 months before release pvp would be held back. Plenty of time to cancel a preorder and get a refund if you weren't happy.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Broken trend? Are we talking about the same blizzard? The same blizzard that will delay anything as long as it takes for them to be happy with it? Do you really not know blizzard history of delaying projects and not giving releases dates until the last minute because they could decide to start over at anytime?
    I'm only going to reply to this part because the rest of your post is blaming the consumer for the failings of the company and, as such, is not worth a response.

Here, you make my point for me. This is exactly what I'm trying to say. Blizzard has a long history of doing exactly the things that you point out above. However, that chain was broken when they gave us a game that was incomplete. If PvP wasn't ready, they should have not released the game. And, let's face it, the game clearly could have benefited from some extra/better beta testing.

But they didn't do that. They put the game out in an incomplete state. And do you know why? Because they had a narrow window of release. A deadline that had to be met. They needed D3 out now to keep WoW players using Blizzard products during the pre-expansion lull. They couldn't wait until PvP was ready or MoP and D3 would end up competing with each other.

They let business get in the way of the product.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't agree with a lot things being argued here, and have expressed earlier that PVP isn't a big deal, but this quote is entirely true. They are not the same company in regards to delaying releases for perfection. Unfortunately that hasn't affected their intial box sales yet, but I'm thinking it's going to catch up to them in the next 5 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm only going to reply to this part because the rest of your post is blaming the consumer for the failings of the company and, as such, is not worth a response.

Here, you make my point for me. This is exactly what I'm trying to say. Blizzard has a long history of doing exactly the things that you point out above. However, that chain was broken when they gave us a game that was incomplete. If PvP wasn't ready, they should have not released the game. And, let's face it, the game clearly could have benefited from some extra/better beta testing.

But they didn't do that. They put the game out in an incomplete state. And do you know why? Because they had a narrow window of release. A deadline that had to be met. They needed D3 out now to keep WoW players using Blizzard products during the pre-expansion lull. They couldn't wait until PvP was ready or MoP and D3 would end up competing with each other.

This is your opinion. And I don't care nor am I trying to change it. For the rest of us that don't care about pvp. We are happy they released it. (I'm not talking for everyone here)

I still see it as the same blizzard. They were happy with the stat of pve so released the pve game. If you were buying the game for pvp you shouldn't have bough it yet. Why delay the whole game for 1 small part that has little to no effect on the rest of the game?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

What are people arguing here about? Developers were advertising pvp part of D3 before release, and almost on last day they said something like "sry we gonna postpone it by up to 1-2 months" (count how many months passed already).

Pve part of D3 is greatly lacking. Starting form the point that D3 is extremely short, $60 for maximum 12 hours of casual gameplay to see whole game is pathetic (and no, harder modes =/= content). E.g., Final Fantasy IX (one of the shorter FFs) requires 11,5 hours as very minimum to rush it to the end by skipping all cutscenes/videos etc., and D3 is like what - 3,5 hours? It doesn't deliver even 1/3 of PvE content which it should have for such price. Still no pvp is like adding insult to injury.

Of course you can try to argue that D3 is not submediocre in all aspects, instead of questioning developers - "What's up, guys? How could you release this?". Or you can just turn around and see how many other brilliant games are out there, and not waste time on such submediocrity as D3, same time showing developers that they can't get away with releasing MMORMAH with minimum to no content, monstrous anti-consumer DRM and call it "game".
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-09-19 at 10:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    What are people arguing here about? Developers were advertising pvp part of D3 before release, and almost on last day they said something like "sry we gonna postpone it by up to 1-2 months" (count how many months passed already).

No they did not

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4574895

They didn't even have a release date when they posted this.
    Here is a blue post 3 months before launch saying pvp would be delayed from launch

No they did not

Here is a blue post 3 months before launch saying pvp would be delayed from launch
    There were more blue posts and related news to that one back in time. Anyway, I don't see what people want to achieve by defending submediocrity, they are promoting just more submediocrity to be given to them in the future.

As I said before, instead of seriously questioning developers on how could they release this, people are arguing about "who said what and when". If you don't believe my words, why don't you ask developers directly "Is that true you don't plan to release pvp any time soon? What about promises, game was released almost 5 months ago?"

And yeah word "promise", ETA, "should" are applicable here for a simple reason: if you buy something and pay upfront - you are to have what you paid for. People were never buying games (not counting MMOs, but yet again - first and only precedents started with WoW) before only to see that they didn't have officially announced features. Not games only - is it fine if you buy new PC, and will pay for 4-core CPU and video card, but it will actually have single core CPU and will miss video-card? Will you be waiting for when seller will provide video card for months in the end?

There were more blue posts and related news to that one back in time. Anyway, I don't see what people want to achieve by defending submediocrity, they are promoting just more submediocrity to be given to them in the future.
    Because they don't view it as sub mediocrity. They're okay being shit on, in fact they ask please sir may I have another.

As for pvp well they had other things to deal with and IMO still have other things to deal with. If pvp came earlier, like before some of these fixes I'd be even more upset. What this should tell us is that D3 required a much more involved and prolonged beta and not the bullshit weekend stress test we got.

10+ Year Old Account
    There were more blue posts and related news to that one back in time.
    So you should have no problem providing one right? Show me one post after march 9th saying pvp would be there on release.

---------- Post added 2012-09-20 at 11:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Because they don't view it as sub mediocrity. They're okay being shit on, in fact they ask please sir may I have another.

I got a game I enjoyed playing and had no issues with. It was exactly as I expected it to be. Why would I be upset?

Indeed. The business model has now finally had an impact on the game play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Versastyles View Post
    I really want my 60 bucks back at this point.
    pve is NOT FUN!

I will never buy another blizz game I swear this.
    I'm getting to old for games any ways ,maybe this is a good thing
    Diablo is a PvE game.....and I seriously doubt that you won't ever buy another blizzard game. You probably spent a good amount of time in the game, more than you would have with your classic FPS which is also $60.

One of the main reasons I bought this game was to try out the PvP system in the game. I am really starting to regret my purchase. However the story was fun, in Normal and Nightmare

Why would you want PVP in this game anyways? Ud just get board with it, how will they matchmake it? You will just end up fighting your friends over and over... I personally wouldnt try it

Quote Originally Posted by pnkllr View Post
    Why would you want PVP in this game anyways? Ud just get board with it, how will they matchmake it? You will just end up fighting your friends over and over... I personally wouldnt try it
    Judging from one of the strings datamined in the PTR content, there might be a function to be temporarily levelled up to match the level of your opponents.

If they would have just released D3 with PvP and everything up to including Patch 1.05 the game wouldn't have failed.

Deleted
    i would be pretty mad by now if i was still playing