Thread: Servers down?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Servers down?

Anyone else unable to connect? I was disconnected during an event and am unable to log in again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermor View Post
    Anyone else unable to connect? I was disconnected during an event and am unable to log in again.

Ditto. Seems like a problem on their end. I keep getting a "network error" message when I try to log in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    Ditto. Seems like a problem on their end. I keep getting a "network error" message when I try to log in.
    Same here, no update on their twitter or anything just yet.

Deleted
    Me too just got booted oh well back to work then.

10+ Year Old Account
    A new patch has been released, maybe the reason. What else they patched to ruin the fun and make people quit, this time?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish the devs had the brain and would COMMUNICATE shit like that via launcher. It's so annoying to get DC'd midfight. And then they blame MY system settings. Yeah right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anet is not exactly caring that much of the player point of view, actually, as it never did Don't be surprised.

As much i can tell you, if happened in a rush like this, could be a big exploit (maybe the one i reported, who knows) and they blocked the game in a rush.

Its incredible that we are being given no information on this. I dont mind if the servers are down, just tell me about it. I just spent 15 minutes fiddling with internet connections and firewalls for no reason. Arrrrrgh!

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't touch nothing, you risk to mess your performance for real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anet is not exactly caring that much of the player point of view, actually, as it never did Don't be surprised.
    I can see that, my dear. It's sad though. I like feeling valued as a customer and making a little announcement is just an act of courtesy.

10+ Year Old Account
    They didn't in the past, why now.

Let's take a look on twitter

Patch notes:

Here are the patch notes for today’s game update:

General

Fixed missing female voice over lines that were not playing during some story cinematic sequences
    Fixed an issue where NPCs would stop moving and result in some events from being blocked
    Fixed a Mac client crash and added better crash reporting support
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...rst#post169285

Deleted
    and theyre down for me too

Guild Wars 2 ‏@GuildWars2
    We are aware of the recent disconnect and login issue. Thank you for your continued patience while we look in to it. ^AT
    waiting for more updates..

Deleted
    working again

Deleted
    So the downtime was... pretty much spot on 30 minutes. I'm actually fairly impressed.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    A new patch has been released, maybe the reason. What else they patched to ruin the fun and make people quit, this time?
    Because fixing exploits for the long term health of the game is far less important that the fun of those that do the exploiting right?

IM sure they sit in a big office smoking cigars saying " Hmm how can we ruin the fun of the players this time!! Muahahahah!!" and "Damn we have far to much money.. I just dont know what to spend it all on! Jimmy! quick ban something or change something to ruin more players fun! we cant have all this success!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess was an hylarious post. Wait: Haha.. ha..

Is the maintenance related to this error? "The game client lost its connection to the server. Please wait a few minutes before restarting the client and trying again."

If I manage to get past the loading screen I get disconnected almost immediatly or the second I use a skill.