Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As every major change that happened to the game, it will have "lovers" and "haters"!
    I don't blame either side, i would just prefer blizzard to merge several underpopulated servers together though, as a permanent solution that would help the communities grow, rather than offering a minor fix to the actual problem!
    Cross realm features, are fascinating from the aspect "oh gosh, how much the technology evolved!" But they re really offer inferior solution to actual problems combared to what a real active and thirving community could offer!

Anything Blizz does will create people who love it or hate it. I am surprised that people dont even know what genre of game this is. Its a massively MULTIPLAYER online role playing game. I think the more the merrier. I like seeing my quest zones all full of hussle and bussle. Questing and levelling alts through a big empty zone can get lonely and dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishiz View Post
    bitch about zones being dead for years, zones are now alive, time to quit, typical wow player.
    A: I'm hungry, can you give me some food.

B: Here, let me cut off your legs and feed them to you.

A: What?! No don't, that would be ridiculous!

B: I thought you said you were hungry. There's no pleasing some people, is there?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    A: I'm hungry, can you give me some food.

B: Here is some pretty good food.

A: What?! No don't, that would be ridiculous!

B: I thought you said you were hungry. There's no pleasing some people, is there?
    Fixed, being an extremist might be fun, but it's not realistic. People wanted a solution to underpopulated zones, and they got one. Reroll PvE if it bothers you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by notalive View Post
    Panda Start Zone won't have CRZ initially. It will even have multiple instances on one server to prevent overcrowding
    If current CRZ zones are any indication of what Blizzard believes isn't "overcrowded" then It's still going to be a disgusting clustermess.

I've got a feeling that is more in-place to prevent server crashes than player convenience.

---------- Post added 2012-09-22 at 06:09 PM ----------

Fixed, being an extremist might be fun, but it's not realistic. People wanted a solution to underpopulated zones, and they got one. Reroll PvE if it bothers you so much.
    The majority did not want a solution to underpopulated zones... all the few people said was "the zones look dead"... that's it. Nobody was demanding that every day be "launch day" crowds.

...except for maybe the PVP gankers, perhaps. :P

Deleted
    i find CRZ bad atm..

i've seen ppl from lvl 85 stand in lines to do their BC dailies
    i transfered to a high populated horde server cuz i was sick of too many alliance on my server, yet 2 months later they're back.
    while i was mining, i had to warn a lvl 50 to watch out for 2 85 gankers.

from an adventurers PoV it's fun, because u need to watch out for 'dangers'
    from a pvp PoV its bad because level 85's gank lower lvl zones but good for ppl who are the same level, yet most cowards find it fun to take advantage of crz simply to kill lower lvl players

from a pve PoV it sucks balls, a week ago there were like 2 ppl doing TB dailies, today i had to wait 4 minutes for a mob to respawn simply because there were 7 ppl instead of 2.

they should make CRZ only for their level range, so that only lvl 85's can see eachother and only lvl 50-55 can see eachother. this will atleast solve the ganking

Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game.

Massively.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

The majority did not want a solution to underpopulated zones... all the few people said was "the zones look dead"... that's it. Nobody was demanding that every day be "launch day" crowds.

...except for maybe the PVP gankers, perhaps. :P
    What makes you think you are speaking for the majority?

Deleted
    I love Cross Zone Realms. People complain about having competition for nodes and herbs, which is stupid in my opinion. In the real world, there isn't Iron for every dude who wants it. Competition adds spice to the otherwise boring farm.

Yeah it really is ridiculous. I like seeing at least a few people in Northrend or Outland when I play one of my alts. I think it's a fine feature.

---------- Post added 2012-09-22 at 02:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    It's mostly the fact that PvE and RP servers are still merging with PvP servers.

Something I fear will take us at least a major patch into Mists for them to fix, as they'll be caught up addressing pre and post launch issues.
    I still have never seen this happen and neither has anyone else in my guild.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

So some of their arguments is like * I can't farm things because their is wayyy to many people etc etc etc *

So this week with my hunter, I tamed Terropen, Ankha, Sambas an encounter with Maddexx, but could'nt tamed him bebcause he's 84 and I was 83. Came back when I hit 84, he was dead snif sniff

I was just logging off on the spawn point and logging back, maybe with a 3 or 4 hours of playing each days

Oh yeah, on a PvP server btw
    Their argument are invalid.

Every direction this game has went since WotLK hit was for the majority. You really don't think the masses wanted their old zones to actually feel alive?

When I buy MMO games I get mad if something another person does can interfere with what I'm doing. I absolutely hate it when my massively multiplayer online games include other people.

I get so upset when PvP happens on a PvP server.

/sarcasm

You're just being ridiculous if you think they would implement a system as complex as this if the majority didn't want it and hasn't already been asking for it since Wrath hit.

Why don't you try just leaving feedback in the thread made for it and sitting back a week or so while they work out the kinks instead of complaining every time you get ganked on your PvP server.

People will bitch about anything, but at the end of the day if it's a reason that makes them not enjoy the game so be it. I think for the most part it's just smoke though. Some people whine because they can and have nothing better to do. Besides, come Mists, Pandaria won't be cross realm, and since the majority will be there anyways, it's not a big deal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbark View Post
    I love Cross Zone Realms. People complain about having competition for nodes and herbs, which is stupid in my opinion. In the real world, there isn't Iron for every dude who wants it. Competition adds spice to the otherwise boring farm.
    Well said that man!

I have been levelling herbs today from scratch with alchemy so i took the opportunity to go out and see and live in the world.. bit of pvp happened, met people, herbed a lot and did some archeology. And you know what? It was one of the best days of Wow I have had in years. Absolutely brilliant blizzard!

Quitting over it is a little more than stupid, I will agree to that. But not everyone has the same outlook on things, nor the same experiences with it so those saying 'I love it and because you don't it therefor makes you an idiot' is ridiculous. There are some who apparently are having a string of horrible luck with it their complaints have some validity (like high pop servers being being very overcrowded now). For those who are throwing tantrums because they don't like playing an MMO with people around, or are getting ganked in a PvP server well... that's just mind boggling.

From personal experience, I have mixed feelings on it and it's something that I wish would have been tested far more before release. It really isn't there being a lot more people around (although I've had to turn on auto duel decline due to random idjits from servers not my own spamming it when I'm in the middle of combat), it's just technical errors that make trying to play quite often irritating. Getting dismounted in mid flight, errors, missing npcs/mobs, latency spikes and fps drops are not fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    bitch about zones being dead for years, zones are now alive, time to quit, typical wow player.
    Got to go with this. CRZ is a great invention so far, minus the really bad bugs (like the fishing derby). It even made my dead PvP realm interesting (Spinebreaker FTL).

I'll consider it a real problem when it gets as loud as Real ID was. Now that was a real problem people complained about. Nothing will be as bad as that.

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Others have asked this but I have yet to see a really satisfactory answer and I mean this with the greatest respect. When you sign on to a PVP realm, you sign up for PVP anytime, anywhere (mostly). So, if that's become a problem, then why not move to a PVE realm where you can self-select when you want to be flagged? I get it that there are issues with costs to transfer but I really really do not understand people on PVP realms complaining that now there's too much PVP.
    Well I'm someone who was playing on a PVP server when 5.0 hit and just recently moved to a PVE server.

For me, the problem with this change is that for the last few years Blizzard basically did everything they could to prevent world PVP. If you wanted world PVP then you were expected to goto zones like Wintergrasp and Tol Barard. Then out of no where they completely change the way world pvp works. Did I initially sign up to potentially PVP at any time? Yes, but I picked realms where population and horde/alliance ratios were to my liking. I wouldn't have rolled on PVP servers if the levels of PVP that we're seeing with CRZ was happening then. You now have 40 man, cross realm raids showing up to do battle with people doing dailies. Thats not world PVP, its slaughter.

It would be nice if Blizzard at least acknowledged that they completely changed the dynamics of how world PVP works. Offer free transfers off the realms for people who aren't interested. I know I still have serveral toons on PVP realms that I don't want on those realms, but are kind of stuck there.

Deleted
    I can understand that RPers are upset, but the rest...just lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    It's their $15, if they don't want to blindly give it Blizzard each month, why do you care?
    .. The point he's making is that they will not quit. No need to get defensive.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    Some people make no sense man, and are terrified of change. What are you gonna do, but laugh at stupid people lol.
    I could say the exact same thing about people who have said they quit over LFR, pet battles, scenarios, pandas, Tillers farms, LFD, removal of group quests, faction change, server transfers, resilience, and the #1 you see on these forums in particular..."cuz casual bads get epics".

I mean, quitting over those things are all pretty funny. And I'd put safe money that half of you that think quitting over CRZ is funny have "threatened" to quit over one of those other things I listed (most likely the last one on the list).

Funny indeed.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present