Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    will be better once that certain whingy player base meant for another game leaves
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Quote Originally Posted by svenforkbeard View Post
    Wow has ruined alot of the mmorpg's by making the players believe it is all about rushing to max lvl. The journey itself should be enjoyable.
    The players have done that all by themselves. Some of us do still enjoy the journey. However when you've already done the journey 10+ times it's understandable you want to get through it as fast as possible. I don't believe that is any different with any game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun to play but more than 5 weapon skills would be nice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thebusiness View Post
    Fun to play but more than 5 weapon skills would be nice
    But games like LoL-DotA have got only 4 spells yet they have a somewhat high skillcap (try taking a game from Na'Vi, death will be the only thing you'll see :C)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalfrezi View Post
    Who really plays like that? Spinning their camera around stupidly fast and that erratically?

My house mate bought it, and I've watched him play, and from what I've seen the movement looks fluid, he said it's not on par with WoW, but its easily equal to SWTOR.
    Camera+movement in GW2 is jerky and annoying and it puts me off a bit as well. Camera work itself is one of the worst I've ever seen past 10 years.

Most people don't enjoy their character having responsiveness and steering capabilities of tanker ship. Points in that video are completely valid and game with such issues shouldn't come live.

GW2 is good game, but has loads of issues and everyone who says otherwise is ignorant fool.

OT: "Obviously over hyped"

edit:

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    But games like LoL-DotA have got only 4 spells yet they have a somewhat high skillcap (try taking a game from Na'Vi, death will be the only thing you'll see :C)
    These games last only 30-60 min, there are way more heroes then all weapons and class combinations in gw2, and you are not stucked with one set (10) abilities for while game. (yes i know you can change weapons between combat, but not all are fun or viable)
    Last edited by mmoc9ef35a8a9e; 2012-09-22 at 02:11 PM.

It's mostly the same as other MMORPG's.

But I do give GW2 credit for having one of the best if not the best kick ass PvP there is.

10+ Year Old Account
    over and over and over and over like a monkey with a miniature cymbal, the joy of repetition really is in you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    over and over and over and over like a monkey with a miniature cymbal, the joy of repetition really is in you.
    Are we talking about WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by svenforkbeard View Post
    Wow has ruined alot of the mmorpg's by making the players believe it is all about rushing to max lvl. The journey itself should be enjoyable.
    So, which part of my journey through 80 (absolutely useless) levels should I find thrilling? The part where I get to use different skills and spells on my way up? Oh wait, I maxed them all by level 2, except for utilities obviously. Or maybe the part where I do highly similar, often bugged, DE's with identical mob models and no, or very few, special mechanics from level 1 to 80? Or the part where I pluck 30 grubs from the ground for numerous quests, just so I can get the hearts done for zone completions?

The journey being enjoyable is a worthwhile goal to aspire to, but GW2 does not make the journey anymore enjoyable than WoW does. Its all the same, boring PvE spam fest, with little skill, tactic or thought involved. I facerolled my ele to 80 solo, including all through Orr (in fact, they were my first 3 zones to get 100%), and its one of the more difficult classes to play (popular opinion, not me tooting my own horn). At least WoW made lore available to me to read in the quest log while I did my quests, whereas in GW2, most of the time I am running between places staring at (admittedly gorgeous) landscape. Not to mention that after visiting most zones to get the gift of exploration, I absolutely dread the thought of leveling an alt now. Just thinking about having to go through all that nonsense again to get to 80 so I can WvW is shudderworthy (and yes, being 80 in WvW matters)

Not as good as WoW, WoW is so much more responsive (also, why no attack while jump? ).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorias View Post
    Guild Wars 2 is highly enjoyable if you are the kind of person who focuses on the quest, rather than the reward.

How would you describe it in one sentence?
    "Now what?"

---------- Post added 2012-09-22 at 04:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Window View Post
    will be better once that certain whingy player base meant for another game leaves
    Until you realize that it's YOUR attitude that's bad and that what you've said has been said dozens of times before.

Great for some,..Not so much for others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    So, which part of my journey through 80 (absolutely useless) levels should I find thrilling? The part where I get to use different skills and spells on my way up? Oh wait, I maxed them all by level 2, except for utilities obviously. Or maybe the part where I do highly similar, often bugged, DE's with identical mob models and no, or very few, special mechanics from level 1 to 80? Or the part where I pluck 30 grubs from the ground for numerous quests, just so I can get the hearts done for zone completions?

The journey being enjoyable is a worthwhile goal to aspire to, but GW2 does not make the journey anymore enjoyable than WoW does. Its all the same, boring PvE spam fest, with little skill, tactic or thought involved. I facerolled my ele to 80 solo, including all through Orr (in fact, they were my first 3 zones to get 100%), and its one of the more difficult classes to play (popular opinion, not me tooting my own horn). At least WoW made lore available to me to read in the quest log while I did my quests, whereas in GW2, most of the time I am running between places staring at (admittedly gorgeous) landscape. Not to mention that after visiting most zones to get the gift of exploration, I absolutely dread the thought of leveling an alt now. Just thinking about having to go through all that nonsense again to get to 80 so I can WvW is shudderworthy (and yes, being 80 in WvW matters)
    I do agree with a bit of this. The game is by no means revolutionary. I do find the world more alive than some other mmo's. Also, like Diablo screwed over the game with RMAH, I feel ArenaNet did a fine job of doing that here too. Crafting is worthless except if you want to level fast.

I do enjoy the game as a mindless release looking at pretty scenery and listening to the idle banter of citizens and seeing how some Dynamic events unfold. The game is best enjoyed, of course, with a friend on vent questing with you while you are watching a video, else it is a very lonely, grindy experience - like most mmo's.

Nothing revolutionary about GW2, but I firmly believe I have got my money's worth out the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its better than riding my wife ;D

Deleted
    different.

I find the camera and gameplay mechanics fluid. I've had zero issues with that. On the other hand I absolutely loathe the tab targeting or simply their targeting system in general.

One sentence?

'A really solid title, implementing several features which will prove to be expected as standards in future mmo's'

Quote Originally Posted by Jalfrezi View Post
    Who really plays like that? Spinning their camera around stupidly fast and that erratically?

My house mate bought it, and I've watched him play, and from what I've seen the movement looks fluid, he said it's not on par with WoW, but its easily equal to SWTOR.
    That's because that video, and 90% of the people saying they disliked it are going on BETA experiences. The camera sucked, granted. But its feels better now, period.(the rest is not directed at the quoted) In my experience of a WoW Beta, you can hardly even play at all and half that stuff makes it to live patches. and people are dragging GW2 down because its camera was a bit weird... really? GW2's Beta was more stable than any wow live patch has ever been. and your major concern is that wows camera is better?

My sentence though :

Brilliant game, I just hope arenanet don't sell out to some greedy company that will take over and ruin it *looks at blizzard*
    Last edited by thunterman; 2012-09-22 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Typo

Legendary 600+ hours of grinding goooo

10+ Year Old Account
    GW2 is a damn fine game that features gorgeous landscapes with some decent story telling in some areas along with some great/decent pvp but is marred by a shit-ton of broken mechanics/DEs/Hearts and a cosmetic gear grind that makes WoW's raid (and Challenge Mode) gear grind look like a walk in the park by comparison (but with more skill needed to acquire which is quite funny).