Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some of my guild members got over 1 hour rollbacks and were not very happy.

^ Well they should be happy it was just 1 hour.

If people would just read the damn thing before posting... seriously!

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    Slaughty8 after the abuse massively gave TOR within one week of release I stopped taking them seriously ever again.
    Hmm, I personally did some TOR flame back in the days, although I enjoyed the game because of voice acting, but massively is not an indyvidual. Unacceptable behaviour. U convinced me. Mass deleted from my bookmarks.

Quote Originally Posted by KachynaEU View Post
    I see so many hypocrites in here... why even bash WoW on a GW2 related thread?
    Well you see, if you post anything negative about GW2 the immediate response from it's fanboys is to trash talk the most successful MMO on the market and quite honestly, ever. The majority of the disappointed people are NOT disappointed that it isn't WoW, they are disappointed at the way arena net is handling this game and the many terrible choices they are making over and over again. However when you type something like "I cant believe they have no control over their player bases characters, and are unable to roll people back" the fanboys see "THIS GAME ISN'T WOW SO IF I AM SAYING SOMETHING IS MAJORLY FLAWED IT MUST BE BECAUSE I WANT IT TO BE LIKE WOW". Someone should probably inform the fanboys that basic consumer support such as a call center and character roll backs is not a luxury exclusive to WoW, nor does it make the game a WoW clone. Also, if you want to see some really funny responses, bring up the fact that skill points have been bugged for a month now and see the amazing responses you get as the fanboys grasp at anything to justify it.

in a way sure be happy it was "only" 1 hour as it could've been 24h and they wouldnt have been able to bring it back to you, then on the other side, be furious that you lost EVEN 1 hour as that is just not acceptable at all as the problem is solely on their hands and they apparently didnt make any appropriate security meassures for this kind of occurance. 1h of downtime is fine aswell btw, shit happens, i still have not so fond memories of a lan party where wow decided to do extended maintenence for an entire day. But loosing data permanently is just not ok. Not in guild wars 2, not in wow, not in swtor, not anywhere where it can be blamed on a big company. Say if I was to be the fault of it, say i forgot to save a game, well id be furious at not the game but myself, same goes for backups but a major company, not having backups or something that makes a thing like this happening is just plain horrible service.

Not a big deal in my opinion (And i was one of the people hit). I lost a shitload of Mithril and orichalium (Or whatever it is called). I don't really complain much, tho it could be because i am used to servers being crappy (Yes i played D3)

Deleted
    ffs next wow fanboy

that game is a way better than wow m8 deal with it

Quote Originally Posted by Alavien View Post
    ffs next wow fanboy

that game is a way better than wow m8 deal with it
    Everything could be said for you if you changed WoW with GW2... get serious please!

Not need to bash. Play whatever you like - we do not care what you like or not!

While I can see where you're coming from, it still is fucking annoying.

I don't fucking understand the extreme fanboying that GW2 has even now, when such a retarded thing happens. I don't mind a server outage, not at all. I don't care if the servers are down for a day or even two days.

I do care if my fucking progression on my character is not decently backed-up asap. WTF do they do, make a back-up every 7 hours? It's just extremely inconvenient.

Will still keep playing the game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    You're making it sound like players lost ALL of their progression/gear/gold/xp.
    A very few players lost a couple hours.

Mountains out of molehills here.
    Ha, that's funny because I see this game in the exact same light. People making out to be a great game when it isn't. They are making a mountain out of a molehill when reviewing this game.

Also - I can imagine what this would feel like if that hour was in wow - after you finally got a mount you've been farming years for LOLOL - i'd say bye bye wow - even for a 1 hour rollback.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Big deal.

Other games don't even ban botters and hackers which hurt more than losing 30 mins of progression.
    I gotta love the logic on these forums. "X is ok because Y is worse!"

And its not like BotWars 2 is doing a good job of banning bots either.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Just seen this: http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/09...server-outage/

I wonder how many hours ppl have lost beacuse of this error. Any of u know?
    To me, it is an epic, instanely epic fail from their side. I am working with projects and considering their budget I would make it so they have many ways to backup db soo often, that such outage would never haven.

If I was the victim of such outage, luckily I am not cose I quit GW2 a few days ago, I quit it now and not look back.

EDIT and UPDATE:
    By outage I mainly meant losing player's progress because of servers going offline and ANET not having backup in this case.
    Outages are fine as long as nothing is lost. One of the goals is to prevent such situations. If players lost 6-10 minutes, then I am not soo much worried. I must admit that I thought, that players lost like an hour of their work. Nowdays we have good enough hardware and software that even power supply cut should not harm the servers and dbs and normally u host mmos on such servers with a backup power supply + insane backup-recovery systems. Better spend less on markeing and more on server's infrastructure.

Mods, please lock this thread, it apparently gravitated alot of emotional hate and lack of understanding. Eh, I am missing forums 5-10 years ago, such threads were made and noone ever raged or attacked anyone. Probably because noone of us were fanbois, everyone was taking everything with a huge grain of salt.
    Why i used "An epic ANET fail?" instead of "Server outage, players lost progress, your thoughts?" ? Because it's more catchy for mmo-champion warriors and you will more likely read the thread. It is like in case of articles in newspaper or news...think of it how they name articles to get your attention.
    so you are willing to quit that easily?? i would really like to know what mmorpg do you play, because i dont know any mmorpg that didnt have problems like these

What I find amusing is how many people here are defending ArenaNet, saying it's no big deal, etc. yet if it was WoW I wonder how many of the same would be clamoring that Blizzard has completely collapsed, WoW is dead, they have worthless people working on it, etc, etc.

Get ready to quit pandas in a couple days then cuz you know what's coming haha.
    I've not had interrupted gameplay with an expansion launch since Burning Crusade.

The server hiccups are understandable, it's an MMO with a lot of moving parts and it sounds like ArenaNet got things up and running again pretty quick, especially for a Saturday night. However, you DON'T hear about server crashes erasing the last X number of hours of playtime. I'll admit that part does sound odd. I wasn't playing when it crashed, so I guess I should log in and see how far back the loss effect was.

I did notice more bugs and glitches yesterday like a camp overrun with more than a dozen tightly packed bandits with roaming groups of 4 that would arrive to back them up faster than they could be cleared out. Had six of us fighting nonstop for about 40 minutes to no avail. And despite all the dead NPCs and the camp taken by mobs, the portal was accessible right next to it. Using it pretty much aggro'd the entire camp at once.

Had multiple mobs disappear as I approached them and other general shenanigans, but not enough to make the game unplayable at any point.

Hopefully it's sorted out. I'm almost up to 30 XD

Hmm, I personally did some TOR flame back in the days, although I enjoyed the game because of voice acting, but massively is not an indyvidual. Unacceptable behaviour. U convinced me. Mass deleted from my bookmarks.
    The article stated an event and the facts known. It's pretty factual and unopinionated. If reporting problems is bashing, you'll need to not read any gaming site...ever.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2012-09-23 at 01:16 PM.

Bad games Fail. I hope Gw2 can keep its head above the wave of the current Mmo Ocean
    I didn't enjoy the game my self but i think competition is good for mmos

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    Why complain? Do you pay a subscription fee? They owe less to the customer than any other MMO as it is. The game is good, but I don't expect a lot of the company.
    ahh that's new one...it get worse every day but at least you guys come up with new ones...
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    If wow had this lol wow sucks gw2 has it lol wow sucks.

Tbh this thread was never going anywhere, its 1 hour of outage and what seems like 1 hour of lost progress, doesnt seem like a big deal to me, if someone had lost an ctual acheivement like they had lost their world first kill like in decent mmos I would understand, but now you just have to go look at that vista again, losing an hour in GW2 is hardly a big loss.

Deleted
    Eh, I am missing forums 5-10 years ago, such threads were made and noone ever raged or attacked anyone. Probably because noone of us were fanbois, everyone was taking everything with a huge grain of salt.
    Since then, there's been an influx of teenagers that are only capable of posting two ways:
    SUX! or ROX! - Black or white - For or against - Us or them - Awesome or Fail.

Why i used "An epic ANET fail?" instead of "Server outage, players lost progress, your thoughts?" ? Because it's more catchy for mmo-champion warriors and you will more likely read the thread.
    Conning.

It is like in case of articles in newspaper or news...think of it how they name articles to get your attention.
    Apparantly, you're unaware that there are newspapers, and then there are newspapers.
    The kind you're referencing are not commonly referred to simply as newspapers, but by the more specific name: Tabloids.

You don't need to stoop to these lows to post here.
    And you don't need to add to the washing out of the language, by using "epic" to describe losing a couple of hours of gaming.
    Many of us are sick and tired of this kind of language and such posts, hence the reactions.
    It has absolutely NOTHING to do with being a fanboy of anything, and you're certainly not patching anything up by referring to people "fanbois".
    Last edited by mmoc7805351bd4; 2012-09-23 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    Conning.
    Also marketing. The sensationalist posters on the internet forums of today are the executive marketing directors of tomorrow.

Apparantly, you're unaware that there are newspapers, and then there are newspapers.
    The kind you're referencing are not commonly referred to simply as newspapers, but by the more specific name: Tabloids.
    On this detail...you're wrong. The New York Times will choose headlines that are catchy, even if it's a tad misleading until you read the story.
    "If it bleeds, it leads" and all that.

And you don't need to add to the washing out of the language, by using "epic" to describe losing a couple of hours of gaming.
    I will totally agree with you here.
    Required reading for the current Internet generation: http://thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=epic

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have prefered the title

Arenanet steals youstuff and laughs!

Would have made a catchy title and just as overstated as epic.