Jade Spirit is cheap, pretty much any purple weapon you end up getting will be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiids View Post
    Jade Spirit is cheap, pretty much any purple weapon you end up getting will be worth it.
    how is 10 Sha Crystals cheap (AH price of 420g x 10 = 4200g)?

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Because Missiles is a stronger spell than Blast and casting your strongest spell at 100% mana means you are using your Mastery in the best possible way. There is no reason to consider camping at 100% mana a mana regen loss.
    Can't look at it in a vacuum though. If you are at 100% mana (or will be when AB cast finishes) you'd want to AB then use missile procs so you end up with less scorches. If you use both missile procs then AB that leaves you with a high chance of following it up with scorch.

Quote Originally Posted by NeerDeth View Post
    how is 10 Sha Crystals cheap (AH price of 420g x 10 = 4200g)?
    Cheap is allways relative, but considering how easy you get gold atm in MoP, 4200 is cheap.

An invoc/haste build currently holds the US record for 10m heroic Vizier. Anyone have thoughts on this? Is this a better spec for this fight in particular? If I could regen mana as fast as I do when hero is up, I would be using this spec vs ROP 100% of the time. Not sure what it will look like when I go full haste via gems/etc

15+ Year Old Account
    invocation is always better on the move, then Rop.

since the recent change to jade spirit's ppm... too good.

need a bit of help getting my Arcane mage up to scratch.
    here is my armory
    eu battle net/wow/en/character/Twilight%27s-Hammer/valhella/advanced

and here are some logs
    www worldoflogs com/reports/jspmr1ymu8jbkq2s/

i am trying to refine my rotation so that i can push out a bit more DPS.
    as i think i should be doing a whole lot more.

the rotation i am using is based loosely around one suggested on icyveins for Arcane mages.

any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

I am not able to post any actual links so i had to modify them a bit.

Vizier not the best to compare with as is naturally lots of downtime in the fight. Although can see straight away your uptime on NT is v low at 51%. Rune of Power uptime is v low at 56%. This fight is tricky to keep both of those above 90, but they shoudl both be above 75.

I see you are using 6 stack -> Barrage rotation. Scorch weaving will be a large DPS gain in a single target fight.

You were MC'd which obv doesnt help.

You used 3 Arcane Power and Berserking, but only AT twice. do you not have these macro'd together?

I dont see any Pots being used at all...
    Last edited by Euphrates; 2013-01-10 at 01:52 AM.

Cool thanks for that.
    will make some changes tonight and see how it goes

really appreciate the help.

Hi guys. The Haste/Invocation/spam AB spec caught my eye in this thread, and I've been reading almost every page regarding this.

From what I'm reading the rotation is as simple as this:

Spam AB/Missles(never Barrage) to 20-30% mana, Evocate, repeat.

Am I missing something here, or is it really this simple?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really that simple (remember your mage bomb and other cooldowns of course). And you can go to 20% mana.

Hey Guys, I always read and follow the tips ppl post at this forum but this is the first time I write.
    I'm having serious problems with my mage, i respec'd from fire to arcane a few weeks ago and i'm having serious problems to get a consistent dps.
    I'm 494, 2p tier, Haste til 1st breakpoint then Mastery, RoP, and i'm always on bottom of the charts.

Here is the link to my armory: us battle net/wow/en/character/azralon/quilian/advanced (i can't post url, just dot the missing dots)
    And a few logs of the last weeks: worldoflogs com/guilds/243494/ (i can't post url, just dot the missing dots)

Please help me out!, what am i doing wrong? what can i do to improve my rotation, gear, or anything that should be wrong?

Thx

(PS. I liked the Invocation stuff, i'm thinking to try it out tonight.)

It's really that simple (remember your mage bomb and other cooldowns of course). And you can go to 20% mana.
    Cheers. That gave me very very positive numbers indeed(respeced from fire).

Apart from reforging/gemming haste, is it safe to assume crit->mastery with this playstyle?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite possibly yes, but I don't want to just simply speculate. It would require someone to devise an action list, load it into simcraft and run some simulations. Since I'm stupid for that, I don't dare try. My guts would tell me 'no', but I've been a huge fan of Mastery from the moment it appeared in 4.0.1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite possibly yes, but I don't want to just simply speculate. It would require someone to devise an action list, load it into simcraft and run some simulations. Since I'm stupid for that, I don't dare try. My guts would tell me 'no', but I've been a huge fan of Mastery from the moment it appeared in 4.0.1.
    I've been of mixed opinions about Mana Adept since its implementation; on one hand, it helps define Arcane's "flavor" and playstyle, but the problem is that in order for that to work Mastery has to be made a more attractive stat than any of the others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Its you see us dreamspyre, did you test if Crit > Mastery or not with Haste / Invo ?

I'm gonna test it out on LFR this week, gonna put it on WoL too, i'd like to know if I have to reforge to get the real numbers the spec can pull.

Thanks

15+ Year Old Account
    Here are my current arcane stat weights.

Overall, mastery gets a "Reforge out of.."
    It has its value when getting a piece of gear, but when reforge/gemming, it does not.

Int / SP / Hit / Crit / Haste / Mastery
    Scale Factors 4.56 3.71 0.00 1.74 2.21 2.08

(and no, I'm not gemmed for frost)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    Here are my current arcane stat weights.

Overall, mastery gets a "Reforge out of.."
    It has its value when getting a piece of gear, but when reforge/gemming, it does not.

Int / SP / Hit / Crit / Haste / Mastery
    Scale Factors 4.56 3.71 0.00 1.74 2.21 2.08

(and no, I'm not gemmed for frost)
    Hey Spaace question for you...are you hitting better numbers with the Haste/Evo build than Haste/RoP? with uptime in Rune at least above 90%?

I figure with the upcoming nerf to RoP and changes to Evo this will make it a more attractive choice as Arcane and so would like to get a head start on the playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Envyadams View Post
    Hey Spaace question for you...are you hitting better numbers with the Haste/Evo build than Haste/RoP? with uptime in Rune at least above 90%?

I figure with the upcoming nerf to RoP and changes to Evo this will make it a more attractive choice as Arcane and so would like to get a head start on the playstyle.
    The rumblings from GC twitter would suggest Arcane is going to get a substantial nerf on PTR soon.. And I bet they give nothing back to compensate.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't really use ROP.. it's a different play style then mine.