Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    And then they'll say that the chance is reduced by 3% per level over 90, and forget about it by 95.
    by "the next tier" I mean 5.4, by "current" I mean ToT 4 set

is there a reason literally overnight i went from doing ~120k as fire to easily 170k as arcane??????????????????????????????????????????????

I do not get it. This guide and spec is flawless. I don't have to worry about rng based dps!! its all about skill and as little rng as possible. Thank you so much for this guide.

I do have one question though...

On 3-4 targets, I find that refreshing lb or nt @ 4 stacks to fish for NT/LB Missile procs produces insane dps, and it has left me confused about when to ABar Cleave. after 4 stacks of arcane blast, I find myself tab-bombing and hitting missiles when I get 2 stacks. What do?? Does barrage have any point on 3-4 targets other than when I cant get a missile proc?

10+ Year Old Account
    With the T15 4-set bonus, Barrage can hit 6 targets and it is a very strong finisher. On 3-4 targets I would suggest:

Bomb on all targets (or 3 targets for LB)
    Blast + Missiles to 4 Charges
    Refresh bombs
    Use any Missiles
    Barrage cleave
    Start over.
    My magic will tear you apart.

Would it be worth it to replace 522 gloves with 502 tier to get my 4 piece?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OrtOrt View Post
    Would it be worth it to replace 522 gloves with 502 tier to get my 4 piece?
    Yes for sure.

Deleted
    Is Haste more valuable than Mastery with legendary meta, Woosholay normal and SPA (still don't have BoH, even LFR)? I was using Tier 15 RPPM weights from Mr. Robot, but today I run SimC with my character and it told me that i need to reforge and regem Mastery over haste. Does SimC include RPPM proc in simulations?
    My character is Pyrokaros at Defias Brotherhood EU.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazak77 View Post
    Is Haste more valuable than Mastery with legendary meta, Woosholay normal and SPA (still don't have BoH, even LFR)? I was using Tier 15 RPPM weights from Mr. Robot, but today I run SimC with my character and it told me that i need to reforge and regem Mastery over haste. Does SimC include RPPM proc in simulations?
    My character is Pyrokaros at Defias Brotherhood EU.
    SPA isn't RPPM, which will be why it's probably still better to regem Mastery, especially as it's a huge Haste proc on a predictable ICD.

Deleted
    Just to add, if i remember correctly its a 45s ICD on SPA

Deleted
    Haste arcane really rocks. For me its 10-20% better than mastery arcane, but then again Im raiding 10 man and isn't really dotting everything up. In 10 man, the priority usually is about burning something down real fast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultrablack View Post
    Haste arcane really rocks. For me its 10-20% better than mastery arcane, but then again Im raiding 10 man and isn't really dotting everything up. In 10 man, the priority usually is about burning something down real fast.
    Even if you're on 10M and not dotting things up, that sounds a little wrong :/
    If Haste Arcane was really that far ahead people would play it far more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    Even if you're on 10M and not dotting things up, that sounds a little wrong :/
    If Haste Arcane was really that far ahead people would play it far more.
    I think arcane has scared people because it is so weak before 4set bonus. However at 535 its amazing for me at least. Its possible that fire is even better, I dont know, I don't like fire. You can say it scared me when I respecced at lower levels and it just didnt work very well.

All I can say is try it. After 525 I think its even with frost, and a lot better than fire. But it depends on the player, and the positioning. As with 5.1 arcane, the better aquanted with the spec and the fight you get, the higher the dps through positioning.

All I think is that more people should give it a try. Do the rotation mentioned here:

1. dot up
    2. get to 4 stacks
    3. missiles (if any)
    4. dot up again (fish for missiles)
    5. missiles (if any)
    6. barrage

Use rune of power. Learn to position yourself and move as little as possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultrablack View Post
    I think arcane has scared people because it is so weak before 4set bonus. However at 535 its amazing for me at least. Its possible that fire is even better, I dont know, I don't like fire. You can say it scared me when I respecced at lower levels and it just didnt work very well.

All I can say is try it. After 525 I think its even with frost, and a lot better than fire. But it depends on the player, and the positioning. As with 5.1 arcane, the better aquanted with the spec and the fight you get, the higher the dps through positioning.

All I think is that more people should give it a try. Do the rotation mentioned here:

1. dot up
    2. get to 4 stacks
    3. missiles (if any)
    4. dot up again (fish for missiles)
    5. missiles (if any)
    6. barrage

Use rune of power. Learn to position yourself and move as little as possible.
    I think you misunderstood my point - I play Arcane myself (I hate Fire playstyle) and I'm well aware of how competitive it can be. Fire is ahead in most situations besides heavy AoE but there's little of that this tier anyway.

My point was that you shouldn't be seeing a 10-20% difference in single-target fights when you run Haste Arcane over Mastery Arcane; the difference should be ~2-3% and as soon as there is more than 1 target involved, Mastery wins out quite heavily.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    I think you misunderstood my point - I play Arcane myself (I hate Fire playstyle) and I'm well aware of how competitive it can be. Fire is ahead in most situations besides heavy AoE but there's little of that this tier anyway.

My point was that you shouldn't be seeing a 10-20% difference in single-target fights when you run Haste Arcane over Mastery Arcane; the difference should be ~2-3% and as soon as there is more than 1 target involved, Mastery wins out quite heavily.
    Then I must be doing something wrong/different. Both for aoe fights and straight up, haste wins for me. Simcraft says the same as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it worth going Arcane if I'm 515 and only have my 2set bonus? I'm tired of Frost, and I need a little bit better gear before Fire stops becoming so hit and miss.

Is there a haste breakpoint I should be going for?

Any help is appreciated

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lydude View Post
    Is it worth going Arcane if I'm 515 and only have my 2set bonus? I'm tired of Frost, and I need a little bit better gear before Fire stops becoming so hit and miss.

Any help is appreciated
    If you are only interested in numbers frost will probably perform better than arcane at 515 without 4set.
    Last edited by mmoc3873889795; 2013-07-08 at 05:02 PM. Reason: misstype

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lydude View Post
    If you load your character into Ask Mr Robot, he has all the haste breakpoints listed for you.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    If you load your character into Ask Mr Robot, he has all the haste breakpoints listed for you.
    AMR has the numbers for Frost Armor users. If you are running Mage Armor, use the numbers from HERE and enter them manually into AMR.

Deleted
    Ehhmmmm , im trying arcane again after brake since 5.2 patch .

Been playing all the time frost and now decide to test arcane with highier gears. Im rusty and trying to follow suggestions here but not really satisfied with my dammage .

I suppose to do way more with my gear ... We currently at Dark Animus HC and placing rop is a pain with anima font been all the time around . Also im not sure about my reforge -geming. I did used 2 gems with haste just to aim this magic 9762 haste . Point is , im doing overal same as frost as i do as arcane and i thought arcane supose to give better results . I definatly doing something wrong . Could anyone check me please and suggest http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A0/advanced

Elenica, the reason arc is so strong on that fight is at the beginning you just dot EVERYTHING with NT, I've hit 500k before I even started on the boss. The rest fight is all about minimizing your movement while not getting hit by font, a good way to do this is to setup two runes, side by side and alternate between them when font is on you

RoP's radius is actually kinda large. Remember heroic sha progression? I never needed to dance between 2 runes, just stand on the corners of it and move accordingly.