Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you like the new Varian?

Back in his early days, Varian was this badass warrior who would literally declare near genocidal attacks on the Horde for the slightest provocation. But nowadays he's alot more nice and calm, no longer unleashing wild attacks on the Horde, and even realizing there is dissent in the Horde.

How do you like this new Varian in comparison with his old self?

10+ Year Old Account
    Although I don't like most of your posts for the context of how you throw things around, I'll bite this one.

I like Varian as he is now, well I'm still never going to be a fan of his since he really started in the game as a fascist, racist ragehead, pretending he was an orc (even though he just spent a year or two in the orcish arena's), still regardless of back then, he's gotten his head together, he's far more focused and approachable. In tides of war, he greeted Jaina with good faith and did all in his power to come to her aid when called, and this was out of wanting to protect theramore more then just wanting to fight with the horde.

And from what's been said to his claim he aims to simply rid the horde of Garrosh, not dominate the orcs, it shows he's matured far more, which to be shows his a better king then he was.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Although I don't like most of your posts for the context of how you throw things around, I'll bite this one.

I like Varian as he is now, well I'm still never going to be a fan of his since he really started in the game as a fascist, racist ragehead, pretending he was an orc (even though he just spent a year or two in the orcish arena's), still regardless of back then, he's gotten his head together, he's far more focused and approachable. In tides of war, he greeted Jaina with good faith and did all in his power to come to her aid when called, and this was out of wanting to protect theramore more then just wanting to fight with the horde.

And from what's been said to his claim he aims to simply rid the horde of Garrosh, not dominate the orcs, it shows he's matured far more, which to be shows his a better king then he was.
    I don't like your posts. Mr. peace guy!!
    Once more into the fray...
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Varian isn't Mr.Peace, but he's more level-headed than Garrosh "let's nuke a city for fun" Hellscream.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Varian isn't Mr.Peace, but he's more level-headed than Garrosh "let's nuke a city for fun" Hellscream.
    no, but Trassk is mr peace
    Once more into the fray...
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.

I feel like old Varian myself, I dispise and detest horde and if I could, I'd genocide their every race, maybe only except for tauren and neutral goblins. So no, I don't like that change one bit. Varian is an orc killer, not a kind good king.

Deleted
    I always like and repect my king Varian Wrynn.

Wether he decides to exterminate the horde or to make peace with them.

He knows better what are the needs of the alliance, i am just one of his best soldiers and follow him blindly.

( Even though i would have liked if he actually decided to kill Garrosh in all the chances he on purpose let go ).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razstah View Post
    yep I agree. Someone really needs to explain him that WoW it's just a game. He's taking it too seroioussly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    yep I agree. Someone really needs to explain him that WoW it's just a game. He's taking it too seroioussly.
    Making personal attacks against Trassk only makes yourself look bad. He answered a question that was asked - one that was asked WELL by the OP for once - he doesn't deserve to be shit on for no reason. Stop jumping on a bandwagon when you have no idea what it's about. He gave a good, honest answer that wasn't confrontational.

Varian is a complex character, and I like the more level-headed version. He seems to be evening out, do I like it more? I don't know, time will tell.
    Last edited by Uennie; 2012-09-26 at 12:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    Making personal attacks against Trassk only makes yourself look bad. He answered a question that was asked - one that was asked WELL by the OP for once - he doesn't deserve to be shit on for no reason. Stop jumping on a bandwagon when you have no idea what it's about. He gave a good, honest answer that wasn't confrontational.
    do you really think this is first Trassk post I ever read? I'm sick and tired of his Garrosh bashing in every thread, and how Horde should be lead by almighty green jesus to exchange kisses with Aliance.

Probably 99% of games are "We vs Them" it's just how it works, it doesnt mean that person who plays it is a sicopath who would want to kill everyone, and he treats other people like that. I like war in WoW, I like Garrosh, and he keeps on yapping "you people should be ashamed"| yada yada. He;s the one who starts with personal attacks if someone like things he doesn't.

do we all die when the internet connection fails , just play the game, don't go too much into it

do you really think this is first Trassk post I ever read? I'm sick and tired of his Garrosh bashing in every thread, and how Horde should be lead by almighty green jesus to exchange kisses with Aliance.

Probably 99% of games are "We vs Them" it's just how it works, it doesnt mean that person who plays it is a sicopath who would want to kill everyone, and he treats other people like that. I like war in WoW, I like Garrosh, and he keeps on yapping "you people should be ashamed"| yada yada. He;s the one who starts with personal attacks if someone like things he doesn't.
    You like Garrosh, he doesn't.

Opinions.

Sorry but you took this a bit too far.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razstah View Post
    Isn't peace better then war ?

Deleted

Surely everyone here knows by now that Trassk has a major boner for Thrall.

I did like the imperfect, hot-headed Varian Wrynn. It would be a shame to see them turn him into a character with no flaws.
    Last edited by mmoc25e5b9266c; 2012-09-26 at 09:42 AM.

Deleted

And i kinda hate war in wacraft, i would prefer that everyone could settle their differences and work toward common goal.

10+ Year Old Account

You're hating for the sake of hate, and he didn't do anything that warranted it in this thread. Learn to pick your battles and not have a personal vendetta against people.

I think we'll still see plenty of that when him and garrosh inevitably bump heads.

Or perhaps not, and they're trying to make him out to be the better humanoid of the two, since Garrosh is the one we get to kill.

Varian's, like Garrosh's, frail psyche is vulnerable to change upon the whim of the plot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed how well I answered Salandrins question, you didn't bother to, and instead used this thread and tried to make a passing insult my way. What does that make you? you might dislike me but at least I got the forthright to carry on the debate the op makes, unlike yourself.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Back in his early days, Varian was this badass warrior who would literally declare near genocidal attacks on the Horde for the slightest provocation.
    Where was this Varian Wrynn? In another game? Because the Varian that I know of, the one in the WarCraft universe was never like what you are describing. He was immensely skilled as a warrior. He was a very determined person, both in the beginning of his appearance in the comics, when he did not remember who he was; and later on when he rose once more to be the king of the people of Stormwind. And he is focused on serving his people as their king in the best way possible. That, combined with his lack of knowledge, much less understanding of the culture of the factions within the Horde; his enslavement and further mistreatment as a gladiator, which showed the glaring mistakes in Thrall's hesitation to oppose some of the traditions of his subjects, although he knew they were wrong (such as slavery and gladiatorial combat); and the high stakes of the diplomatic relationships with the Horde, where one mistake could be fatal to the Alliance; shaped his character to be a multidimensional one, but with an understandably cautious and even angered approach towards them.

Most of the sources of conflict between him the the Horde however, where in essence misunderstandings and misdirections, that while significant in his perception of the Horde, gave him the wrong impression about it, and about Thrall. There is no essential source of conflict between him and Thrall, nor between Varian's Alliance and Thrall's Horde. Both leaders want what is best for their people, and would prefer to live in peace with the other faction. The biggest obstacle in the realisation of that dream are the obsessed characters from each side, the fanatics; and some tragedies that there is no way they can be amended, and so require a mutual acceptance so that things can move on. And it is this path towards personal and societal improvement, riddled with various challenges, that shapes the story of the game from Cataclysm onwards as far the relationship between the Alliance and the Horde is concerned.

Personally, I like the development of Varian. He is, in a way, what Arthas could have become, if he managed to defeat his inner demons. He is slowly learning to be objective, insightful, wise, and kind, to all, not just his people. He is becoming an accomplished person, which is what a king should be in my opinion.

Deleted
    I like the way Varian is evolving. He is maturing as a character, and making himself different from Garrosh, as time goes by. Because during Wrath, they were clones of each other. Not anymore.

I really liked how the roles have temporarily changed in the novel, when Varian acted the calm, mild character, and Jaina, the peacekeeper diplomat, was instead the warmonger, craving for genocide, even if just for a few moments.

And Garrosh? Well, Garrosh will be Garrosh. He is the next baddie to be killed, so I am not one bit surprised Christie Golden depicted him the way she did, in the novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Drithiend View Post
    Where was this Varian Wrynn? In another game? Because the Varian that I know of, the one in the WarCraft universe was never like what you are describing.
    Didn't Varian declared war against the Horde, during the Invasion of Undercity event? Gladly, nothing happened after, but still...
    Last edited by mmoc0e82c355ee; 2012-09-26 at 10:56 AM.