Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    What will it take for Exp 6 to become the next TBC?

I feel like the expansions have become less Warcraft-y every year. Subjective, perhaps. But there was a certain level of immersion brought on by the immense scale and detail of Outland, I think. So what does Blizzard need to get right?
    At the time a lot of people complained that BC felt too "high fantasy" and "Sci-Fi" for WoW.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    At the time a lot of people complained that BC felt too "high fantasy" and "Sci-Fi" for WoW.
    Skittle colored armor was very immersive. Thank god for transmog.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 04:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    I have high hopes for:

The Emerald Dream

The Nerubian Empire
    Both would be part of an expansion and not the main focus of the expansion itself. The Dream? Still Azeroth just jungles, woods and spirits, would be a nice area in some places for questing in a what would it look like, like maybe SW and ORG areas and some dungeons maybe to tie along with them. The Empire? Mostly destroyed and probably better for a big quest/raid area.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    I have high hopes for:

The Emerald Dream

The Nerubian Empire
    High five!

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Both would be part of an expansion and not the main focus of the expansion itself.
    Yes, there could never be an entire expansion based on as simple a concept as a long-established NPC race's homeland.

The Dream? Still Azeroth just jungles, woods and spirits.
    So a big piece of Azeroth with lots of woodland... like some kind of island continent covered in jungles and forests. With lots of spirits in it.

Yeah, I can't see that ever happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    What will it take for Exp 6 to become the next TBC?

I feel like the expansions have become less Warcraft-y every year. Subjective, perhaps. But there was a certain level of immersion brought on by the immense scale and detail of Outland, I think. So what does Blizzard need to get right?
    3 flavors of rocky nothingness is detail? Outland was anything but detailed. It was highly repetitive, and really only Nagrand provided true variety in environments. It had its moments of course, but in terms of atmosphere and story, TBC did just about everything wrong. It was muddled and disjointed, and the main bosses were presented in just about the worst way possible. Now of course they compensated for it with huge steps forward in terms of dungeon and raid design, which is why it's so fondly remembered. Let's not give it too much credit, however. In terms of designing a land and a story to go along with it, WOTLK is where they started to really get their poop in a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    High five!

Yes, there could never be an entire expansion based on as simple a concept as a long-established NPC race's homeland.

So a big piece of Azeroth with lots of woodland... like some kind of island continent covered in jungles and forests. With lots of spirits in it.

Yeah, I can't see that ever happening.
    What homeland? You mean the large caverns under Northrend....MMMMKay. And to the dream it really sounds boring....cool at first but something that would get boring fast. "Oh hey its Eastern Kingdoms.......but green. Oh hey theres Kalimdor.....but green...." ffs. I know you probably got real upset when I disagreed with that guys opinion and I know you wanted to defend it quickly (takes a look at your sig) but cmon now lets try and think outside the box mmmkay?
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

I have high hopes for:

The Emerald Dream

The Nerubian Empire
    Both of them would be cool but currect events are pointing to Burning Legion...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    What homeland? You mean the large caverns under Northrend....MMMMKay. And to the dream it really sounds boring....cool at first but something that would get boring fast. "Oh hey its Eastern Kingdoms.......but green. Oh hey theres Kalimdor.....but green...." ffs. I know you probably got real upset when I disagreed with that guys opinion and I know you wanted to defend it quickly (takes a look at your sig) but cmon now lets try and think outside the box mmmkay?
    That's just it - no one ever does when it comes to the Emerald Dream. So many are under the assumption that it's just 'Azeroth but green', like even just that would be bad, as if 90% of Azeroth weren't already forests... Pandaria is just more of what Azeroth's always been and it's great.

But that's not what the Dream is. The Dream reflects Azeroth pre-Sundering - no Eastern Kingdoms, no Kalimdor... just one super-continent of lands we've never seen before. And it's not all just forest - it's every landscape imaginable. Forests, mountains, deserts, junlges, caverns, glaciers, all viewed through the prism of the dreamscape - trippy, alien, impossible landscapes that would make Outland look tame by comparison. The potential! Think of the potential!

And yea, I happen to think Azjol-Nerub could be just as vast as Pandaria. Hollow Earth, anyone? Think of some classic fiction that dealt with underground eco-systems - jungle-like lost worlds powered by artificial suns, sprawling temple-cities illuminated by forests of luminescent fungus...

If nothing else, Mists has shown us that no concept, however seemingly limited in scope (the homeland of the pandaren, always referred to as an island in lore before Mists), can't be spun out into something incredible and diverse. The Dream and arguably Azeroth's Underworld have far more potential than Pandaria.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Yeah, I remember. Particularly the one about it being Sci-Fi. But world and raiding design was fantastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't think Broxigar is dead, I feel Blizzard will put a twist on it and say Malfurion seen Broxigar captured by Sargeras. As Malfurio knew if he said Broxigar was captured they would have tried to save him & would get trapped on Argus and could jepordize Azeroth's future. I feel we will see Broxigar again & a bigger book of story will open up if it is Burning Legion again.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    I honestly don't think Broxigar is dead, I feel Blizzard will put a twist on it and say Malfurion seen Broxigar captured by Sargeras. As Malfurio knew if he said Broxigar was captured they would have tried to save him & would get trapped on Argus and could jepordize Azeroth's future. I feel we will see Broxigar again & a bigger book of story will open up if it is Burning Legion again.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Broxigar
    If this badass dude is alive...

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    WoW, i did read the trillogy but i completly missed the point where he went agaisnt sargeras himself, a true badass, only mortal to damage him. If he is still alive, either hes a god or a corrupted demon
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

The main villian needs to be the burning legion in some form, they have been left for far too long

Deleted
    I didn't even hear about this character before, thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    I didn't even hear about this character before, thanks for the link.
    You welcome

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow that is totally awesome! I've heard of Brox before, but I never knew how cool he really was. Thanks for the link.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    well 10 000 years is enough even for most badass-ish orc :P

How awesome would it be if the fight with garrosh takes place in an open field. Varian is standing off with him, and as the war between the alliance and the horde (or at least, garroshes horde) reaches its climax, infernals start raining down just like the wC3 intro.

yeeeeeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    How awesome would it be if the fight with garrosh takes place in an open field. Varian is standing off with him, and as the war between the alliance and the horde (or at least, garroshes horde) reaches its climax, infernals start raining down just like the wC3 intro.

yeeeeeah.
    that would be awsome and cool indeed ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess we'll just keep finding out more and more as it gets closer. I'm just excited about a possible return to Outland.

Sorry if this been asked before, but do you think we will hear anything about the new exp at next years Blizzcon?