Isn't dual gatherer supposed to make a lot of gold?

I just reached lvl 90 with 600 mining/herbalism and I look at the AH and trillium bar is around 200g, same for golden lotus. Is this the same on all servers or is my server just undercutting way too much? is it even worth farming trillium or herbs right now or should I just drop these and lvl up JC to make gold?

10+ Year Old Account
    Drop herbing and pick up JC.

Mining/JC with an enchanter alt is pretty much your WoW gold factory.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    Drop herbing and pick up JC.

Mining/JC with an enchanter alt is pretty much your WoW gold factory.
    I do have enchanting on an alt, are you talking about ore shuffling or some other way of making gold?

The Ore Shuffle Truffle! Is there ever going to be any other sure way of making fast gold super easy? Probably.. I wish I could have the patience to level another character to 90 to mine ore for my shuffle.. Im just tired of Panda questing already. I love the game, just not the amount of questing.

Deleted
    sure the ore shuffle will work in mop? right now it looks like noone is buying enchanting mats, at least on my server, and you can make essences out of dust and shards out of essences which will affect the price of enchanting mats

Deleted
    Shuffle right now is sketchy at best. Prices have to settle down before we can determine what the best shuffle is.

I made 20k from selling the stuff I mined/herbed (is that a word?) while leveling to 90. Now let the farming begin It may look cheap, 200g per stack, but you can get a lot of stacks quite quickly, so it adds up Of course I did sell the first golden lotuses for 2,5k a piece, prices have gone down now. Tip: If prices go too low, keep stock. In a few weeks, when the levelers are gone and the bot farmers haven't started yet, prices will go up again.

Deleted
    My Bear/Tree is a Miner/Skinner & I gotta say, the Trillium sells like hot cakes, everything else not so much, if at all. (I has an Alchemist/Herbalist & a Tailor/Enchanter too).

I'm assuming that once the general populous has access to & learns Leatherworker recipes etc etc. then it'll go nuts, well, at first anyway.

Well, Ghost Iron Bars goes for 600g/stack on my server, I'm making buttloads on mining, so you should defo check that out

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically, ore, bars, herbs and other raw materials are gonna sell for a lot while enchants won't. Since a lot of people aren't level 90 yet and have no need for enchants until they start getting better gear, enchants aren't going to sell well until the demands picks up about a week or two from now.

So basically, hold onto your enchants and wait for the massive wave to come in. THEN ENJOY THE RIDE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Deleted
    There seem to be a few differences like in every expansion.
    1, More gatherers.
    2. Souped up spawn rates.
    3. supply much vigger than demand really.

What ryujo said above is true.

On the good side people will need mats for other than just leveling a profession.

People will get bored of farming. they always do.

The spawn rates will drop. The most significant factor.

The BOTs will soon be here in force.

Deleted
    I have had no problem making gold, Get about 27 stacks of Ghost iron ore in an hour, Spread that across bars and Pure ore I make around 7k
    Trillium bars go far 370 on my server. And you can buy the ore cheaper, So Buy ore, Make Bar, on a 100g profit

I haven't even checked the AH on how much mats are going for been leveling all my professions, and also leveling a few more inscriptionist soon so I can make more cards every day.

Nope on my server there are so many gems and ore, there is no gold to be had. Some of the green cuts are already down to 2g

Deleted
    Up till now the blue gems were selling well on my server, ~250g each and 600g for Primordial Ruby. The mass influx of ghost iron ore is now starting to have its effect on those prices, we're already down to 150g for most blue gems and 250g for Primordial Ruby.

im making 6-12k an hour herbing/mining

I've made 100K since release and I probably have another 30K in stuff to sell. According to the undermine journal 50% of that came from trade goods.

I had a druid with mining/herbalism who I drug to 90 around 2:00AM on Wednesday, technically Thursday morning. Farmed like crazy and I'm fried on the game now.

However, I had a few helpers.

Shaman (585JC / 600 Alch), Priest (525 Enchanting / 600 Scribe). I dropped tailoring for inscription. This may prove to have been a mistake as I need spirits of harmony for the good scribe stuff and my priest is sitting at the AH wishing bags didn't cost 2.5K each when he could have made them a couple of days ago.

So, here's where the gold has come from, in no particular order,

Ghost Iron Bars - Probably #1 at the moment.
    Ghost Iron Ore - Great for the first 4 days. I had it all to myself or so it seemed. Now it's getting down to about 100G/stack.
    Trillium Bars - A toss up. They sell for a good price but there's a fair amount of competition. There isn't enough of a market and a couple of us just undercut each other by 25S.
    Uncut Gems - Sell for more than the cuts. For awhile the cheap greens were more profitable than the shuffle. Blues are definitely better sold uncut unless you have just the right cut.
    Cut Gems - Spare change, at best. I'm going to vendor the green cuts.
    Primal Diamonds - I was underpricing these, but they go for about 1500G.
    Spirit Dust - Sells but nothing great.
    Mysterious Dust - or whatever it's called, same as spirit dust.
    Blue enchanting mat - forget name but they don't sell.
    Living Steel: Sold 3, I think, but too many sellers. Price is getting down to where I wouldn't bother if I couldn't transmute.

Herbs have followed the expansion. Because I was early I sold a ton of everything and basically the market tanked each day for each herb.

Tea - Tanked first day but still sells for 45G and it's there to gather right next to the ore.
    Silkweed - Don't bother as it's out of the flight pattern but it tanked on Thursday.
    Snow Lilly - Tanked as people finally made it to the mountain. Still get around 90G and it's pretty useless as a mat so I just grab and AH it.
    Fool's Cap - The only thing I herb at this point. I have a full 36 slot bag of it and I have nothing to do with it. It's dropped 100G over night to around 200G, so I still AH it, but it doesn't move. I'd mill it but I have so much ink I don't really know what to do with it. I don't want to do the glyph game.

At this point I only want to deal in the big money items but I have to take my priest to MOP in order to get the spirits of harmony to make the staffs. I'll also probably start buying ore on the AH soon and doing the shuffle with that, if it ever starts to look profitable.

Anyways, all of that was generated from gathering but it was more profitable because of the production line. So it would have been at least 50K on materials which was my goal when all of this started. I didn't know I'd be able to 600 a profession at 85 so I had no plans for it.

Mining and alchemy can net you tons of profit between non-cd living steel cd and the xmutes for trillium from ghost iron.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15