Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Okay, so it's a pet peeve of mine, but it really really irks me when they approach, guns drawn, announce themselves... then suddenly are surprised and have to jump for cover when the guy pulls out a gun and opens fire. It happens way too often in most TV shows, and it was very bad in this episode. Even going so far as to let the guy get away? Really? They can't hit a driver? They can't fire before a car completely blocks things? If this is the only way they can build tension for a situation, they need better writers.
    Don't worry, you're spot on, and I'm gonna do you one better. Harper Dearing. Dearing went to the top of the Most Wanted list by using flaws in electrical wiring to blow up several naval ships. The last episode involving him, they were to proceed with extreme prejudice. makes sense, right? So, then, why is the next scene Dearing looking at the news on a store TV display (do people really do that anymore?), and an FBI agent (female) walks up to him, rambles about "really makes you think blah blah", invites him up to her apartment, only to try to kill him there. First off, the way the conversation went, the woman should be perceived as being deceiving, because she just asked a 60-something year old guy she hasn't know to come up with her and get freaky. Secondly, and most importantly, this is Most Wanted number one. Walk up to him, and put a damn machete through his skull. Who gives a fuck what else happens?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    The episode was good but nothing spectacular. The whole McGee relationship did remind me weren't they hinting Abby and McGee would date a few seasons back? Did they ever explore that?
    You may be forgetting, and it's ok, because it was garbage, but in season 1 they DID date. The tension is always there anytime either of them is dating anyone else. I can't remember any other hint, but they're both always jealous of each other's dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    You may be forgetting, and it's ok, because it was garbage, but in season 1 they DID date. The tension is always there anytime either of them is dating anyone else. I can't remember any other hint, but they're both always jealous of each other's dates.
    I basically started watching full time in Season 8 I believe as a couple of other shows got cancelled. I have watched quite a few episodes from the first few seasons but I know I am missing quite a few.

Secondly, and most importantly, this is Most Wanted number one. Walk up to him, and put a damn machete through his skull. Who gives a fuck what else happens?
    Right, have a couple snipers on standby, agents at 10 paces, "hey, don't move!". He twitches, you give him a few extra openings in his head.

They've always had the tension, and in the 100th? episode Gibbs imagined them married, but they've not done anything actual since then.

While Tony has the "flirt" persona that might be hindered by an actual relationship, I think McGee has always been the "nice guy", that could really use a nice relationship/ settle down. It was fun when the assassin pretended to like him (Korean?), but otherwise it's not really added much to the show. Same with Ducky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Episode preview: http://www.cbs.com/shows/ncis/video/...back-preview-/

I see Dr. Kate's Sister, and it seems like Delilah might have died. Episode looks like it might be a little more situated on McGee than the actual finding of Parsa.

In an interview by TV Line with Gary Glasberg he has the following to say about McGee and Delilah:

TVLINE | [B]Any other specific beats you want to talk up?[/B]
    Well, in “Kill Chain,” Delilah gets really involved again, so Margo Harshman is coming back and McGee’s relationship moves along a little bit further. [B]I’ve been thrilled to have her and we’ve got some exciting things planned for that relationship. It feels real to us, we’re having a good time with it and people love to have Margo around.[/B] Then Wendy Makkena, who played Kate’s sister, Dr. [Rachel] Cranston, comes back in Episode 13.

(my emphasis)

I think she might end up in a coma for a couple of weeks or something like that.

All righty then, commenting as we go, and I'll stick it in spoiler tags before I submit the post.

She's not dead (yet)

OK, now she might be.

Bishop likes cheesy puffs

Ooh, a bad guy that's been on and off their radar for the last two decades

Kate's sister's aged a bit since she was last on.

Tony trying it on

Sounds like Delilah is on the mend

McGee is with the shrink, giving the "perfect answers".

Oh dear, paralysed, McGee knows and has for a while.

Malik spilled the beans at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    "That's Parsa's handwriting". Did...did she really just say that about a scratching on the hood of a car? Come on. There's no way she'd know that, because there's no way someone would have exactly the same handwriting on a surface like that.

New rule? Doesn't sound...significant enough. Gibbs running out of ideas?

Well now. Guess it's gonna be the season finale that we end Parsa's story? I still don't remember when he originated in the show.

He was responsible for blowing up SecNav

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    He was responsible for blowing up SecNav
    Are you responding to someone in particular?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Are you responding to someone in particular?
    To a comment made by Pendulous in the spoilered text about a character that's been in the season since the first episode.

I think I liked everything but McGee's storyline. I have no doubt there are people who do react the way he reacted in those type of situations but I just couldn't see McGee being one of them. Maybe that's just me though. I did laugh at Tony trying to do the Yogo pose and Bishop sitting on Gibbs desk. The look on Gibbs face was priceless. I also liked the moment between the doctor and Bishop.

As an aside Cote De Pablo joined the cast of a movie about the Chilean miners that were trapped in 2010 which I find interesting. I wonder if she quit to try other acting jobs or if something happened with one of the cast and crew. Here is the link to the story. http://news.yahoo.com/former-39-ncis...lkA1VJQzFfMQ--

If you were wondering how Gibbs gets his boats out of the cellar, here's how a guy got a car out of his kitchen:

So, that's how Gibbs does it.

New episode tomorrow night. Next one after that isn't until the 18th. Then we go 02/25, 03/11, and 03/18. After that only 5 more episodes.

And Scott Bakula was cast in the NCIS spin-off. They will have make their first experience on the regular NCIS in a 2-part episode sometime this Spring.
    http://tv.yahoo.com/news/scott-bakul...192607690.html

I liked him in Quantum Leap but not so much in Enterprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey look, another spin-off I won't watch because the best part about NCIS is the characters.

Also...Pride? Really? Not even trying to be subtle, are you?

Hey look, another spin-off I won't watch because the best part about NCIS is the characters.

Also...Pride? Really? Not even trying to be subtle, are you?
    Yeah I tried NCIS LA but it just didn't fit for me. I'm not sure what it was, too actiony I suppose. It feels like they were shooting for a much younger audience with that one. I hope the new spin-off is more like the original.

10+ Year Old Account
    New episode:

Yay, Bishop is finally a probie. Also, since when have we confirmed that Gibbs plays Twister?

New episode:

Yay, Bishop is finally a probie. Also, since when have we confirmed that Gibbs plays Twister?
    Didn't they play that a couple of seasons back (off camera) when Ziva invited everybody but Tony to dinner?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Didn't they play that a couple of seasons back (off camera) when Ziva invited everybody but Tony to dinner?
    Maybe. I don't remember the line, but I do remember the thing about Tony not getting invited.

Maybe. I don't remember the line, but I do remember the thing about Tony not getting invited.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3166472/synopsis

Gibbs and Tony pay a visit to Leyla at the park with her daughter. (The kid wants to know if Gibbs is coming over to play Twister again.)
    Maybe they did it at Ziva's party too but this is probably what Tony was referring to.

I liked parts of the episode and then others seemed to appear out of nowhere. First it was nice having Nestor Serrano (The NSA guy) on the show. He's been on a lot of shows. I liked how the bookended the episode with Bishop playing baseball. The McGee warning Tony scene was hilarious. There were a few other scenes that were done well both in action and drama.

The Bishop/NSA/Gibbs "spat" seemed to come out of nowhere and just felt unnecessary. It felt like the writers needed to pad the episode so they added that in. So was the Bishop/Parsa past. It just felt a bit on the weird side but maybe that's just me.