Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    I was just doing your bidding
    Whoa
    nuh uh

we're not pinning this on me

YOU

you

were like

let's all match. And I thought it was a cool idea and wondered which one Drekmen would be. That was all of my involvement!

10+ Year Old Account
    Obama just mopped the floor with that speech.

Wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoever brought up moonstuck a couple of days ago..I both love and Loathe you. SOOOOO much d'aww, but so short and the lulz. Yes, awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Theklocko View Post
    Holy. Fucking. Shit. CRITICISM! LOVE IT!
    but, before I go on to agree with everything you said and all that
    [url]http://assembly-line-portraits.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/clint-eastwood.jpg[url]
    that was my reference photo.
    I typed in "clint eastwood black and white" and that was the first thing that came up. Not sure if that is a photograph or a drawing its self, but it's what I used as a reference for my picture.

Thank you for the compliments on the chin and nose, I've studied them enough to know what I'm doing so glad I have the skill level. I see what you mean about his forehead and his jawline, but it's what was in the reference.

Now that I look at it, you sir are actually correct about his nose and moth and all that stuff looking as though it's turned but the chin isn't, which is just some error on my part.

Overall, I like my picture and I thank you for ACTUAL CRITICISM and not just "oh it looks nice but a few things look a little weird" or "oh man it's much better than anything I can do", sure, I dont dislike those comments, but getting actual criticism is much appreciated.
    I figured you were the type who would take criticism/critiques decently, so I went ahead. Most people tend to want to improve so if they're okay with it I point out mistakes and also try to suggest ways to fix them.

Since you're so keen on it, here are some more things I've noticed now that you've included your reference.

First of all, based on the site it's hosted at I think it's a safe bet that it's an actual photo.

Going back to the forehead, I think you overdid it a bit with regards to how prominent his wrinkles are. They do look more like scars. I'd probably suggest making them more subtle such as starting with the horizontal fine lines that he has and working them a bit to show how his skin is stretching because of him furrowing his brows a bit. I imagine that vein on his temple didn't help matters. Then there's the eyebrows themselves which give me a headache thinking about thanks to the shadows there.

The left side of the head is a bit too big, kind of like you added a frontal view and half-front, half-side view. Working with different angles can be a pain of course but Clint's head is only turned maybe five degrees which isn't really enough to change the full front-on portrait format as far as the outer part of the skull goes. The inside of course will be focused around the nose since it's the center of the face, and with that I think you did fairly well in showing the slight head turn. It's something you'll need to get comfortable with because straight-on shots just don't seem to be as interesting as "three-quarter" views.

Actually, I highly recommend taking a human anatomy class if you plan to draw a lot of people. Understanding the underlying bone and muscle structure is helpful in spotting patterns when you're starting to draw, which tends to work as a great base. Drawing people's cheecks progressively from full to hollow (and even to the bones themselves) seems like it would be great practice.

My last thought before I conk out is that it looks like you went for the mole above the lip. Make sure to have a shiny spot on it to set it apart as a bump rather than the single shadow you have there that kind of makes it look like a hole.

And I guess that wasn't my final thought since it led into something else: What direction(s) did you want the light source to come from on that? I ask because some of the shading looks a little odd here and there. The neck for instance has the harder shadow on the right side, but it doesn't have the gradual shadow on the left that would come from a light source above the head. The eyebrow shadows definitely say that the light is overhead, but on the photograph the shadow on the left side (relative to us) of the neck gets darker as it gets closer to his jawline, which is also indicative of an overhead light. Basically I'm just saying make sure your light and shadows are more consistent.

And now I'm out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post

Wow.
    Literally?
    Because that'd be pretty cool.

Also, hey thread!

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, time to go to bed. Election hangover day tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirfailalot View Post
    Whoever brought up moonstuck a couple of days ago..I both love and Loathe you. SOOOOO much d'aww, but so short and the lulz. Yes, awesome.
    Woona is awesome

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirfailalot View Post
    Short? I heard it was like 200 pages long or something.

10+ Year Old Account

Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by yeast View Post
    Literally?

Also, hey thread!
    Silly yeast..
    But yeah, that'd be pretty cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    dueling network is down

my night has been ruined
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

Literally?

Also, hey thread!
    Hai Emily darling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solazz View Post
    Whoa
    nuh uh

we're not pinning this on me

YOU

you

were like

let's all match. And I thought it was a cool idea and wondered which one Drekmen would be. That was all of my involvement!
    Noooope, you made me do it

I gave you those pics, you went and got a new avatar, which prompted me, and then UnC, to follow suit

All you man, all you

We really ought to play that grief syndrome thing. Co-op, of course. We can get Drek and UnC in too, maybe even Alai.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...andlouie-1.png
    got a bit done on it today but will probably finish it tommorow.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Hai Emily darling
    Heya Nikki! How are you?
    Nght, Vetali.

Heya Nikki! How are you?.
    Im good, been up all night but im not tired.

How are you and Kaitlyn?

Later, dood

10+ Year Old Account
    Hai Emily darling
    Sure, say hi Emily and not me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh oh well at least my week will get better come Friday.
    Life doesn’t get easier, we just grow stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    Noooope, you made me do it

I gave you those pics, you went and got a new avatar, which prompted me, and then UnC, to follow suit

All you man, all you

We really ought to play that grief syndrome thing. Co-op, of course. We can get Drek and UnC in too, maybe even Alai.
    No it was not I

YOU

are the culprit. Do I look like someone that would bully a Drekmen?

And yeah that game looks like it would be cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    And so cute it burns :P Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by solazz View Post
    Short? I heard it was like 200 pages long or something.
    If I can burn through it in a day I usually consider it short. But then I come from the days of gaming where an RPG could last upward of 40hours without even being open world :P That's the ONLY thing I didn't like though, it's an awesome little comic. well worth looking up for Woona alone honestly.