Poll: Pick

Page 1 of 21
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you prefer Cata LFR Loot or MoP LFR Loot style?

You know a friend of mine ranted to me in skype for about an hour telling me the RNG type of LFR Loot in MoP is well lets say it involved a bunch of bad words with a combination of gibberish but pretty much ''More awful then Cata''

Then I pretty much countered the guy in the end saying, Would you prefer having people just to outright roll just to be dicks? Or even have their guildies roll on the item?

Anyway which do you prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    You know a friend of mine ranted to me in skype for about an hour telling me the RNG type of LFR Loot in MoP is well lets say it involved a bunch of bad words with a combination of gibberish but pretty much ''More awful then Cata''

Then I pretty much countered the guy in the end saying, Would you prefer having people just to outright roll just to be dicks? Or even have their guildies roll on the item?

Anyway which do you prefer?
    MoP.

No more people rolling need on anything just to sell it for gold or give to another person.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP LFR loot is a superior system by far.

Anyone who says otherwise is, I 100% guarantee you, one of those jerks who buddy-rolls for guildies or needs on things to vendor/DE when they already have better, and they're the entire reason the new system was put in place. Their tears about the new system make me smile.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post

Anyone who says otherwise is, I 100% guarantee you, one of those jerks who buddy-rolls for guildies or needs on things to vendor/DE when they already have better, and they're the entire reason the new system was put in place. Their tears about the new system make me smile.
    this guy pretty much sum it up, its a pretty good system to prevent ninjas in the raid

What are his negative thoughts about MoP style LFR loot? Just curious.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    What are his negative thoughts about MoP style LFR loot? Just curious.
    All I remember from the rant was ''Too much RNG BS'' with a bunch of once more as I stated ''Gibberish'' oh and obviously his friends can't roll for him haha

Oooo this one was great haha

''The guy BEING AFK gets loot more then me when I'm carrying the raid [ Insert more ranting here ]''

I wish the same kind of loot rules applied to Heroics too.
    So tired of being ninjaed.

Yesterday was running TotJS for the cape and a Elemental shammy rolled need on it and said it was for "Enhance". I asked it because i needed it for my main spec and she simply didn't care and said that "if she can need it, she will need it." And it was not the first time.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be

How is that a bad thing?

Also, there is a deference. I do not see any. What Changed?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully with enough complaints they will do the same in LFD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Hopefully with enough complaints they will do the same in LFD.
    It is a vastly different thing, dungeon loot has ALWAYS worked like it does. With the exception of the loot restrictions for class role they implemented in MoP. Also, theres 25 people in LFR and 5 very specific niche roles in dungeons. Give it a rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Mists' type. In Cata I always felt some sort of entitlement ("That <class> who kept dying to fire and refusing to dps slimes won the roll") which makes looting not fun. At least in Mists, I only have RNG to blame.

Plus, it's nice not having to wait around after the last boss because people left without rolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    How is that a bad thing?

No more loot rolls in LFR. You either get a sack of gold, or you get an item appropriate to your class and chosen role in the raid. Period. No more '10 guild members queuing together and needing on everything for each other so the other 15 people carry them to guaranteed loot', no more 'I need to vendor/DE this more than you need it as an actual upgrade'. Nothing you do affects whether anyone else does or does not get gear, period.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    How is that a bad thing?

The old LFR system was open to abuse by ninja's out of spite, guildies rolling for guildies, and just plain jerks. The new system stops all that since no one knows who won what and others can't get loot for their mates because there is no loot trading.

In all a much better system.

MoP looting rules need to be implemented for pretty much anything where an element of pugging is involved. LFR, LFD, world bosses... Everything. We've got 2 out of 3 so far, need the third!

It's a great step towards fixing the community. Less reason to hate each other (even if that hate ends up redirected towards the game, haha).

Yes, it's far superior. Sad that they had to make it independent rolls, but that's people for you.

People who don't like it are either ninjas, gang-looters (buddy rolling and such) or just people who don't understand probability.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 01:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    MoP looting rules need to be implemented for pretty much anything where an element of pugging is involved. LFR, LFD, world bosses... Everything. We've got 2 out of 3 so far, need the third!

It's a great step towards fixing the community. Less reason to hate each other (even if that hate ends up redirected towards the game, haha).
    I agree, but don't be too optimistic. "Fixing the community" would require fixing the people, in my opinion, and that's far outside of Blizzard's power.

I guess it just comes down to a simple lack of trust. When I run LFR five weeks and get nothing but gold with both the boss kill and the bonus roll I start to doubt the legitimacy of the system telling me the boss dropped nothing. At least with the original system you SAW that the boss dropped items. Defeating loot whores was as simple as getting 25 guild members together. If you were so selfish that you NEEDed (pronounced with a sharp nasily whine) to be in lfr the second maintenance was over instead of waiting for your guild members to get a group together then you deserved every bit of the selfishness displayed by others of your kind.

I thougoughly believe that the new system is nothing more than another time sink and happy happy joy joy land for "players" who for the multitude of excuses normally fallen back on "cannot" raid.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    It is a vastly different thing, dungeon loot has ALWAYS worked like it does. With the exception of the loot restrictions for class role they implemented in MoP. Also, theres 25 people in LFR and 5 very specific niche roles in dungeons. Give it a rest.
    Well lets hope the next time you roll need on something you need, and someone rolls need on it and says needing for offspec and they win the roll, then maybe you will change your tune.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    All I remember from the rant was ''Too much RNG BS'' with a bunch of once more as I stated ''Gibberish'' oh and obviously his friends can't roll for him haha

Oooo this one was great haha

''The guy BEING AFK gets loot more then me when I'm carrying the raid [ Insert more ranting here ]''
    So basically because people can go AFK and not have to roll on loot?

This is weird. How is rolling a digital dice ever not going to be a random number generator? How do you complain about RNG when you're talking about rolling dice? Am I missing something?

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 08:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    I guess it just comes down to a simple lack of trust. When I run LFR five weeks and get nothing but gold with both the boss kill and the bonus roll I start to doubt the legitimacy of the system telling me the boss dropped nothing. At least with the original system you SAW that the boss dropped items. Defeating loot whores was as simple as getting 25 guild members together. If you were so selfish that you NEEDed (pronounced with a sharp nasily whine) to be in lfr the second maintenance was over instead of waiting for your guild members to get a group together then you deserved every bit of the selfishness displayed by others of your kind.

I thougoughly believe that the new system is nothing more than another time sink and happy happy joy joy land for "players" who for the multitude of excuses normally fallen back on "cannot" raid.
    You seriously believe nobody is getting loot, just so Blizzard makes people run the thing more?

If that was true, people would notice. People on the server and forums would not have the items, and it would be simple to verify.

This is just another example of why humans are trapped in a fake world of confirmation bias where they think they can guess what reality is. You have no evidence for this other than "a hunch", because you have an irrational suspicion.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

I prefer the Cata system for one reason, that is because it felt like you had a chance at winning something. You could see what loot has dropped and it felt as if it were in your own hands as to whether you won or lost.

Now, w/ the new loot system, it just feel bad, like you know you'll not win anything and should expect as much. It kind of takes away a lot of the desire to even run LFR know full well that your chance to win an item appears ridiculously low. It feels on par w/ farming Rivendare's Charger or Ashes of Al'ar, you know it's probably not gonna drop, so the motivation to try is reduced dramatically w/ each failed attempted.

So, I would guess it is "Working as Intended", that being as a way for people w/ little time to see the content and not as a source of gear. Which is fine, but it will ultimately be a cesspool of bads(sooner than DS) because no one will bother due to the horribly low chance at winning anything. People like to win shit, get rewarded for their efforts.
    Out of the 10 ppl in my guild I know ran it this week(actually more but I know at least 10 have)... 2 ppl I know of actually won something and that's using Charm rolls too(because our Normal 10M groups have yet to start). Thats 6 rolls/person,X 10, that's 60 rolls. So, out of 60 rolls, 2 rolls won something. That is a really low chance of winning anything. Less that .5% chance to actually be rewarded for your time. Pretty shitty IMHO.

The new roll system just feel shittier than that of Cata/DS.That is what I think of it and is my opinion on the matter.

Disclaimer: In no way are the numbers here scientifically accurate and are simply napkin math so to speak so take them w/ a grain of salt.
    Last edited by Deatheryn; 2012-10-16 at 01:54 PM.

Deleted

This, all the way.
    Now people dont roll need by plain greed, now the roll need when they _need_ something!