Poll: 24 year old dating 12 year old, ok or not?

Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    There's no way you can love a 12 years old, by the mere fact that they can't think like an adult, and so there's nothing you can talk about with them.

I doubt a 12 yo can atract you in a sexual way neither.. I mean... their body is not even formed.. I can understand to find hot a 15 years old girl... but hell... 12?

So it's a psychological thing, call it problem, issue, whatever I won't give it a name, but it's out of the order.
    You are correct if you automatically assume that Love is the same thing as Sex.... However, that is not the case, and never was the case.
    Love alone has many different shapes. Love for siblings, Love for parents, Love for grand parents, Love for friends, Love for your partner. All those are different from each other.
    Sex is a rather bio-chemical process that can be completely set apart from love. To love someone doesn't mean I wanna get down and dirty with them. And just because I wanna jump in the sack with someone doesn't mean that I love them, or even think about loving them.

---------- Post added 2012-09-28 at 01:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Symetree View Post
    19 means you are a year over 18, which is the max legal age of consent in all 50 states. 19 means you are at the very minimum a freshman in college. 19 means you are physically developed into your full physical peak and have LONG since entered adulthood. So you can shut right the fuck up with that judgmental, self righteous nonsense you are spewing. 18 is legally an adult, and 19 is over that. You lose.
    21 is fully legally an adult...

Deleted
    Love has no age.

Unless one of the partners are below 18 years old.

Then it's not OK.

There has to be a line, and imo 18 is the age you are legally an adult, and free to do everything and everyone you want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    it honestly blows my mind how many people outside the USA would fuck little kids and see nothing wrong with it. i have limited experience with foreign nations but i do have experience and never once did i get the vibe that they thought it was ok to fuck little kids. if this site is indicative of the general attitude of the rest of the world, all i can say is what the hell is wrong with you people?

a guy starts thinking about sex around 12 or 13 and stops thinking about it when they die. every relationship is about sex. sure some guys are more into the girly relationship stuff, most guys might enjoy spending time with their SO, but at the base, it's about sex. hell in HS i left a girl who put out for a girl who put out more often. that's all it was about, sex.

this 24 and 12 thing is about sex. this adult wants to have sex with a 12 year old but is willing to wait. well aww, isn't that big of him, to wait for puberty and all that stuff before he bones her. what a knight in shining armor.

it's wrong. there is an african tribe where the father fucks the daughter on her 13th birthday. it's ok to them there. it's wrong as fuck too. socially acceptable has nothing to do with morals. it was socially acceptable to beat the fuck out of women, hang blacks for being black, etc

but it was still wrong
    Welcome to the WORLD little US Boi. Whats not ok for you can be ok for somebody else. Hes waiting and she probably hit Puberty already so it doesnt even make him a Pedophile like what you People call it. Nobody realy says anything when a 70year old marrys a 18year old but when its under 14 they all go "Oh my god this is so disgusting" bla bla .. If you can bear children you are ready thats the way Nature works

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about where you guys are from...but where I'm from that shit will get you 15-20 in prison

19 means you are a year over 18, which is the max legal age of consent in all 50 states. 19 means you are at the very minimum a freshman in college. 19 means you are physically developed into your full physical peak and have LONG since entered adulthood. So you can shut right the fuck up with that judgmental, self righteous nonsense you are spewing. 18 is legally an adult, and 19 is over that. You lose.
    Right because as long as it's legal it's ok. completely. totally agree. solid fuckin arguement.

Dissssssssssssssssssssgusting

10+ Year Old Account
    Two questions that come to my mind now are....
    Why does everyone automatically assume that a relationship must include sex? Plenty people have relationships for years without sex, until they marry....
    The second question regards to the magic number 18....
    Where did you guys live? How did you grow up?
    In Europe, it's easier to find a Gold Nugget than a person that had no sex before the age of 18.. Hell, even at 16 the numbers of virgins start growing thin..

Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    I never said i approved though, but i don't feel like the guy is a pedophile, He isnt a pedophile by law either. Though i don't know if there is any other term for someone like him.
    If i had a daughter and she would be in this situation i wouldnt allow it either. You don't seem to read what i say
    you're blinded by rage or whatever suits appropriate
    I'm actually with you regarding the reactions from some people.

It's one thing to disagree, it's another to scream "pedo, go to therapy!" over and over with no foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    The reason I think it's not okay is that teens and preteens change so much. I remember just two years ago I was a hardcore environmentalist and thought that we had too much government. Now, I am completely the opposite. The likelihood that she's different than every single teen and every preteen is infinitely tiny and she probably won't like the guy in another year or two. If she was 18 and he was 85, I couldn't care less anymore, but 12 is too young to get into a relationship, especially a "serious" one.
    Are you implying people don't change after 18? I hope that's a joke. People change physically and mentally throughout their entire lives. There's no magic number for when you're suddenly mature and ready for sex or relationships. Most 30 year olds, or even 25 year olds, would think the typical 18 year old is an idiot. Conversely, I know adults who are less mature than their kids. The only reason most of us are frowning on this is because it's burned into our heads that if anybody above 18 is with anybody below 18, it's creepy, but anything else is good to go. Legality is the only thing stopping a lot of men from 20 to 30 from dating teenagers. Girls like older men with a more rugged look, and a lot of guys like younger girls with a fresh, unused, slender rather than curvy look. If laws weren't a factor, the only thing people would deem creepy would be being interested in prepubescents. That's downright disturbing. I voted I don't know what to say, because 12 is right on the edge of that prepubescent line. Some look as good as any 16 year old, and could be mistaken for one if they fake themselves out in makeup and whatnot, but others look about 7. Either way, it's illegal, so he should know better.

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    Welcome to the WORLD little US Boi. Whats not ok for you can be ok for somebody else. Hes waiting and she probably hit Puberty already so it doesnt even make him a Pedophile like what you People call it. Nobody realy says anything when a 70year old marrys a 18year old but when its under 14 they all go "Oh my god this is so disgusting" bla bla .. If you can bear children you are ready thats the way Nature works
    And you sir need to be put in a jail cell far, far away from children.

---------- Post added 2012-09-28 at 06:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TequilaFlavor View Post
    I'm actually with you regarding the reactions from some people.

It's one thing to disagree, it's another to scream "pedo, go to therapy!" over and over with no foundation.
    Except for the one minute detail which is the fact there is PLENTY of foundation. Shes twelve. Twelve. Twelve. Twelve. Twelve. And twelve.

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    yeah, you got me there, in the US we frown upon kiddie fuckers. we're not perfect i guess. we'll still whip a pedo's ass for fucking our kids though. welcome to the USA.

you see, average age for a girl to START puberty is 13. the next few years are NOTHING but change and more change. 200 years ago average age was 15 or 16, and they don't know WHY puberty is starting earlier nowadays, but the idea is food additives/preservatives. logically within a society there wold be no need for earlier puberty because that would be more of a survival mechanism. our lifespans are 70+ years nowadays, if anything puberty should come later.

when you're 30 you'll look back and say "damn i didn't know shit when i was a teenager".

Stop implying the USA is the only country in the world this has nothing to do with the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Pabook View Post
    Right because as long as it's legal it's ok. completely. totally agree. solid fuckin arguement.
    It goes both ways, actually.

Not everything that is legal is socially accepted by everybody (being unfaithful in your marriage is an example) and not everything that is illegal is condamned by everyone (smoking weed is a widespread example over here in Europe, many see it as ok, others say it's not).

In the end, there are 2 rulesets and 2 kinds of punishment.

One is law, usually punishing by money or time sentence, sometimes social labor.

The other is society, usually punishing by harassing badmouthing or "exiling" people (in the way of abolishing friendships and the like).

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Two questions that come to my mind now are....
    Why does everyone automatically assume that a relationship must include sex? Plenty people have relationships for years without sex, until they marry....
    The second question regards to the magic number 18....
    Where did you guys live? How did you grow up?
    In Europe, it's easier to find a Gold Nugget than a person that had no sex before the age of 18.. Hell, even at 16 the numbers of virgins start growing thin..
    the guy doesn't wanna be her friend. a sexless relationship with another person is usually just a friendship. nothing wrong with befriending a 12 year old if that's all it is.

he is counting down the days until he can marry and consimate their love. he wants to fuck her, right now, but he's waiting

he's a pedophile

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Are you implying people don't change after 18? I hope that's a joke. People change physically and mentally throughout their entire lives. There's no magic number for when you're suddenly mature and ready for sex or relationships. Most 30 year olds, or even 25 year olds, would think the typical 18 year old is an idiot. Conversely, I know adults who are less mature than their kids. The only reason most of us are frowning on this is because it's burned into our heads that if anybody above 18 is with anybody below 18, it's creepy, but anything else is good to go. Legality is the only thing stopping a lot of men from 20 to 30 from dating teenagers. Girls like older men with a more rugged look, and a lot of guys like younger girls with a fresh, unused, slender rather than curvy look. If laws weren't a factor, the only thing people would deem creepy would be being interested in prepubescents. That's downright disturbing. I voted I don't know what to say, because 12 is right on the edge of that prepubescent line. Some look as good as any 16 year old, and could be mistaken for one if they fake themselves out in makeup and whatnot, but others look about 7. Either way, it's illegal, so he should know better.

You CAN date a teenager. Legal age of consent is 16 in 31 of the 50 states. The other ones are a mix and mash of 17 or 18. Either way you slice it, someone being attracted to a 17 year old who has developed the physical attributes of an adult woman isnt really up for debate in most cases. That I would understand. This girl is 12 years old. Thats a CHILD. Its wrong, period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I pretty much think like you said.. The only thing that keeps me from a verdict... Is it illegal where they are? We cannot pass a verdict on two people based on our laws and moral standards, when they are in another country that has complete different laws and moral standards...

Hell, there are still countries where marriage between two people is decided by the parents, like we had in medieval times. For us, unthinkable now, for them perfectly okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Pabook View Post
    Not OK? In your mind, what exactly makes a 33 year old and a 19 year old being romantically involved wrong?
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

IF their not having sex,

Nor any sort of sexual erm, play time should we call it,

Then technically, theres nothing wrong with it, and if their going to wait and stay like that till shes 16... But yea I still think its a little messed up,

She could just become obsessive over the years, like someone said, 12 isn;t the right mentality for a relationship, I imagine she will grow out of it
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. The thing for me is how you mature from 18-25. You change completely... most of the 18 and 19 year olds I work with are still being spoon fed by mommy and daddy and don't know what the real world is like...
    I can't imagine that happening in my own life, I'll be in school for my Master's degree, and I've been fully supporting myself since I was 18, and I would be dating a little skater boy who's almost ready for high school? ... No words. It's not okay in my eyes, from any standpoint. (And how does that relationship start, anyway? There had to be some sort of physical attraction in the mix.)

Icon made by leia06 from livejournal.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    I never said i approved though, but i don't feel like the guy is a pedophile, He isnt a pedophile by law either. Though i don't know if there is any other term for someone like him.
    If i had a daughter and she would be in this situation i wouldnt allow it either. You don't seem to read what i say
    you're blinded by rage or whatever suits appropriate
    Ive got bad news for you what you wouldnt "allow" and what you daughters going to do if she really wants to are 2 very separate things. Example my sister 15 at the time was in a relationship with a 28 year old and lost her virginity to him mum could have punished her and said no but she would have done anything to be with him anyway.