So was inscription really suppose to be this way?

I stopped playing around January of this year, and came back for the expansion. my main had Tailoring/Inscription as its professions. I had been playing somewhat attention to mmo-champion the last few months and was dissapointed with what i was seeing as far as inscription went with this expansion but didnt feel like dropping it and releveling a new profession in the meantime so i decided to stick with it.

I played for two days with my main doing the first zones quests completely before moving on or even returning to Orgimmar, and i happen to purchase about 20 stacks of tea leafs from other herbalists in the zone so i could start having some ink to work with and skill up a little, not expecting to skill up quickly.

I went to org yesterday with about 60 dream ink and 15 or so starlight inks. From just milling and making the inks i was at about 545 skill. I went to the trainer and learned all i could, looked at my profession tab and saw i had one monk glyph that would give me 3 skill points, so i made it...still was giving 3 skill points a combine so i kept making it....i got up to 598 skill before it stopped giving me 3 skill points a combine. then i just bought the remaining patterns and made a shoulder enchant or two and maxed the skill.

This is insane...Tailoring doesnt seem to be this easy to skill up (But it does seem easier then it use to be in the bad old days) but i never expected to max the skill with barely any effort needed. Does this feel like a bug to people or did they deliberately make the profession this screwed up easy to level.

This further confuses me because when i checked the AH, i found *no* ink of dreams/starlight available to sell and only a few shoulder enchants... no pigments either. Does Everyone have the profession and thus made it worthless or does nobody have the profession anymore and its just that hard to find people willing to trade components for it?

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Inscription is easy to level, I think it takes around 12 stacks minimum. I'm fine with it that way as I have 3 scribes for discoveries / scrolls.

There's not that many scribes on their main characters, but a lot of people have them to make gold with. The shoulder enchants sell well though.

Also, no one ever really buys pigments or inks off the AH. Maybe the green inks, but only if they're decently priced. You'll make more gold by selling glyphs or enchants than you would the inks.

Honestly though, I have gotten around 5k cloth with farming spirits, so in terms of price, Tailor would be so cheap to level, cloth is like 20g/stack on my server. I'd think it would be easier and cheaper than inscription.

Basically every profession was easy to level to 600 though, it's nice.

All of the profs are stupid easy to lvl this expac. Honestly I don't see any problem with it, since I just ended up disenchanting or gbanking all the crap i made to lvl up previously. The motes of harmony and cds should keep the max lvl stuff from getting flooded too quickly.

I will tell you one thing, if you are not making your scroll of wisdom every day, you are doing it wrong.

But to answer your question.. the crafting skills all appear to be very very easy this expansion. Probably it is because there seems to be a ton of mats everywhere.

Also, with tailoring.. same thing as Inscription.. you need to be making your imperial cloth every day.

But really, it seems every gathering skill and every crafting skill is very easy to get to 600. I had maxed herbalism before leaving Jade Forest. Maybe this is another way to fight gold-farmers?

One thing is for sure.. things are going to actually be harder to craft. Scrolls of Wisdom, Imperial cloth, the new JC discovery system. Golden Lotus spawn rates, Living Steel Cds.... mote of harmony drop rates... all of these things are the same as cata, or harder than cata.

Already on my server, herb costs and ore costs are down to what they were at the end of cata. There is probably nobody selling inks because everyone is swarming in them and their value is so low they aren´t worth listing.

I really don't have an answer for you, but like you, I also noticed it was ridiculously easy to max out Inscription. I milled roughly 20 stacks of Green Tea/Rain Poppy, made the inks to get to 545, Glyph of Jab to 597 or 598, and finished up from there.

Contrast this with Enchanting, where you have sell yourself on a street corner in order to raise your skill by a couple points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warning: Lots of speculation not backed by anything.

It seems like most of the professions are this way now. Much easier to level up. With JCs, if you have enough ore, you could just get three skill points for every uncommon gem up to around 585. Each prospect gives you 2-3 gems (used to be one in cata, ocassionally two). So roughly 8-10 stacks of ore. A conservative figure would put it at maybe 15 stacks.

For enchanting, you can trade the dusts around now. Dusts can be turned into essences, essences can be turned into shards, shards can be broken down into essences, etc. So you could just keep finding greens and DE them and you'll have all the mats you need to level. Even the absolute amount is much lower now. By estimation, enchanting uses about 120 dusts to 600 skillup - compared to 350 in Cata, 280 in Wrath and 340 in BC.

I'm leveling engineering next and it looks like all I need is a bunch of ghost iron bar if I'm only interested in getting to 600 (with a few scattered mats).

This in turn probably causes the value of raw mats to be worth much less on the AH. I'm seeing price plummets already on my server. Ghost Iron Ore is going for 3g per. Dusts about 7g per.

15+ Year Old Account
    All professions are easy. I have maxxed out JC/enchanting. Tailoring/BS/engineering/2nd enchanting already at 570+. I don't even have a lvl 90 yet.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

10+ Year Old Account
    The only profession that is "difficult" atm is cooking as it requires a bunch of mats.

Ya you have to remember though lot of professions have a daily material that resets at midnight. And also you need Spirits of Harmony to make the good stuff this will slow you down very quickly. So you may be able to level quickly but it'll still take time to make certain things.

They made leveling professions easy, probably to compensate for the fact that BoP Spirit's of Harmony are so scarce. Seriously, I got a grand total of 6 spirits of harmony leveling from 85-90, and I used them all up to buy a few recipes for PvP gear. I don't know how we're supposed to craft stuff that actually costs SoH.

May I jump in and mention: in pre-mop days I levelled JC on my fresh 85 druid who had only mining maxed. It took about 5k gold and some additional TBC area farming. Now I am starting to think that I could wait a bit, and max it using new "challenging" mop system, and save some cash and time.