Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It's 100% certain that whole Asian theme just isnt interesting to some players. Been just waiting for raids to open.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    There is nothing wrong with WoW's graphical fidelity. :/

MoP looks great.
    If you compare it to other MMOs currently available then WoW's graphics are pretty out of date. Having said that WoW was smart by making their graphics cartoony which gives them somewhat of a timely quality. Still WoW is getting old it's simply a fact.

It's so funny to sit here and read these post from diff people disappointed or i should say waking up.
    When so many get so blinded by blizzards money maker. WoW players are really spoon feed. Even myself. Take a look at all the other games that was released all the content that was added over time without the need to buy a stupid expansion.

One I know off the of my head is Rift. Yet all of you will make excuse after excuse for Blizzard as to why they have or have not done this or that. Keep believing i guess lol

As for the story *SPOILERS* not being epic, what game are you playing. I shed a manly tear when in the dread wastes chen stormstout finally finds out he is not alone, he has family. ONLY to search for them and one by one find them dead. SO SAD.

As for graphics are you playing on beyond ultra 8xMS 16xAA I am... this looks amazing, the level of detail squeezed out of this engine @ 1080p is beyond compare, the love that has been put into things like bells and bridges is astonishing. I care about ascetics not shiny particle effects and shades... to not play a game becase of visuals is silly. Would you not read a book because of the font, or watch Seven because of its "only being in 480p"?

If you don't like games for the game-play then maybe you are not a gamer... maybe you just like interactive movies.

Last, the old talent system was basic, if you think it had ANY depth you don't know what you are talking about, as a mage (FOR EXAMPLE) in 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3 you went arcane, 31/8/3 if you did not go 31/8/3 you were doing it wrong. you were allowed to take improved AE only 2 fights and that is it. The new talent system is versatile there are some real choices, for example, picking between scorch PoM and icy flows really matters. and that is only T1.

Depth comes from interactivity and game-play not arbitrary guides and numbers.

Basically, i think you are trolling. Rather, I hope you are trolling... because you are wrong. YES your opinion is so misguided and uniformed that you have somehow made an opinion wrong.

---------- Post added 2012-09-29 at 02:02 PM ----------

ADDENDUM... always funny finding all of these "JELLY HATERS" who hate MoP and "are woken up to blizzard's money maker" on a WoW fan site... weird.
    Last edited by Rekindled; 2012-09-29 at 02:02 PM.
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4

10+ Year Old Account
    they tried a [negative opinions] thread in the GW2 subforum, it was just a troll fest of haters and fanboys, this will be no different. If you dont like MoP at least have decent reasons, the op has none at all. Mop and wow cant please everyone, but constructive criticism is not what the OP is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    they tried a [negative opinions] thread in the GW2 subforum, it was just a troll fest of haters and fanboys, this will be no different. If you dont like MoP at least have decent reasons, the op has none at all. Mop and wow cant please everyone, but constructive criticism is not what the OP is doing.
    I agree with this 100%. some people don't like it *like myself* and that's fine but if your going to want people to know why then u got to detail it a lot better.

For me MOP was not my thing after the crap that was cata/d3 im kinda done with blizzard.

As for MOP itself.
    I felt the pet battles was a water down version of Pokemon battles. Im sure some will enjoy it but i won't
    I like Asian theme things but the way blizzard went about it was a turn off for me its way 2 colorful *Could be how they got there graphic's* hell i got a gong above my computer desk lol so the Asian theme isn't a problem just how blizzard did it.
    Im not much for questing funny thing is i enjoyed it in GW2 up to around level 65 and i got tired of hearts *happy 70+ was none lol*
    For me to get MOP it would cost 70$ cause i pay by time cards and the only kind blizzard has is 60day cards for 30$.
    if MOP gave a free 30day's i would check it out but it don't
    and right now i can't justify WOW costing 15$ a month
    also if i see 1 more MOP trailer on my TV im going to go bat **** crazy.
    *All my Personal Opinion*

Im not a fan of panda's *not cause of kong fu panda's* mainly cause im a old D&D fan so i try to base things i like from it. And there was really no Panda race in D&D*papper back not the mmo*. kinda why i didn't like the goat people ether however there name is spelled.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-09-29 at 03:30 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I think it's kinda early to declare MoP good or bad, but on the other hand I understand why some players are turned off by pandas and pokemon after this game being about demons and scary beasts and bosses for a long time.

This expansion is clearly here only to draw in a certain crowd of people and it's definitely not the original WoW players is what i'm saying. Also look at the pandaren character creation their is BARELY any difference whats so ever in the models and YOU think YOU deserve this????? come on. Lastly sorry but that whole it's not viable unless you were this and that spec is annoying their were a variety of things you can go depending on pve or pvp and do just fine as long as you knew your class then again pve had a lot fewer choices i did just fine in raids from 40 man MC to later raids in cata you just needed to have a little thinking power. pvp had many more options for variety in you talents

The pet battles are cute, but nowhere near useful enough to qualify as one of the big features shown in the trailers. They kill time about as well as the little christmas RCs you can ram into each other.

You can really feel the difference in model quality. It's kind of funny to look at an ancient graphic orc and fully animated pandaren in the same cutscene. The difference is staggering.

Overall I just think they needed to innovate in some way, like WotLK brought in phasing and vehicles. Something new that effects the game, rather than just cookie-cutting another expansion from the same mold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    I like MoP so far it's been great but my only gripe is that we have had it really easy these past few expansions this time round it feels more like TBC (which is good) but hammering daily quests etc is not but this is only because we had it easy the last expansions and grew used to no having to grind quests every day....if that makes sense :P I mean not everyone likes to grind quests but so far it feel more like we are being forced to do so.
    Even so I like it.

Had a few beers soooo yea might not make sense ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    Ok let me just start off by saying I'm a huge warcraft fan have been since warcraft 2. I am not a picky gamer I took every expansion as it is and just had fun. I enjoyed everything warcraft even cataclysm but MoP......MoP is just a pile of crap it really is I am not trying to offend anyone but the fact that people are willing to pay 15 a month for what WoW has become is pathetic.
    A real WoW fan that is used to the game (like u apparently) wouldn't bring his point like that, if u took every expansion as it is then you should like MoP. and the X-pac came out a week ago so how can u say the whole expansion is bad including 5.1 etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Underwolf View Post
    I think it's kinda early to declare MoP good or bad, but on the other hand I understand why some players are turned off by pandas and pokemon after this game being about demons and scary beasts and bosses for a long time.
    So many people seem to not understand the difference between childish and light hearted. After close to a decade it's kind of nice to see an xpac that doesn't take itself so dreadfully serious.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Questing takes far to long in this game and gives far to little reward. Yes the talent system gives you choice, although that's debatable and frankly the choice itself isn't very interesting in alot of case but never the less you can "freely" choose whatever stupid talent you like. Well the shitty downside to this is that lvling has very little reward now. I spent 5-6 hours minimum to get a lvl and the only reward I get is... jack squat. No talent point, no abilities (except for one at lvl 87) nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. You get one new ability this expansion which is also kinda lame.

Game has good things to though. The new ability you get is actually pretty sweet for the most part and the lvl 90 talent you pick is also pretty sweet in most cases. Game looks and sounds better than it ever has. Engineering has finally gotten alot of useful shit. Overall I've been enjoying myself but it certainly isn't the best wow xpac and it certainly isn't without lots of flaws.

the only thing i dont like about mop is how stupid they made justice point from rep vendor you cant even access until you are revered with golden lotus

oh and did i mention you cant even be revered with golden lotus until like next month lol, and i cant even get my best weapon and bracer enchants bcause they are from golden lotus/august celestials

but yea thats the only negative thing about mop so far lol (oh and belf nerf QQ but it was too stronk at the start :P)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    Although I only agree with 2(char models and having a more central bad guy) of the OP's points, I don't understand why people need to come and defend WoW in a thread that says "negative opinions" in which, looking clearly at the points the OP provided, it's clearly his opinion on some aspects. So what, he doesn't like it? You do? Good for you, create your own thread titled "positive opinions inside" and if 99.99% people like MoP, this negative thread will go off the front page in hours...

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    the only thing i dont like about mop is how stupid they made justice point from rep vendor you cant even access until you are revered with golden lotus

oh and did i mention you cant even be revered with golden lotus until like next month lol, and i cant even get my best weapon and bracer enchants bcause they are from golden lotus/august celestials

but yea thats the only negative thing about mop so far lol (oh and belf nerf QQ but it was too stronk at the start :P)
    Didn't you enjoy farming rep in the shadowlabs back in bc just to get the key to do heroics? for shame people scream bc was awesome and they still don't remember what made it awesome!
    << What I Look like. ^^Shit I say.

"Overall I just think they needed to innovate in some way, like WotLK brought in phasing and vehicles. Something new that effects the game, rather than just cookie-cutting another expansion from the same mold."

@powerogue Couln't said it better myself

"A real WoW fan that is used to the game (like u apparently) wouldn't bring his point like that, if u took every expansion as it is then you should like MoP. and the X-pac came out a week ago so how can u say the whole expansion is bad including 5.1 etc.."

@Guniorbinda I am a REAL wow fan ...just because i'm a fan tho doesn't mean i will just play and ignore the bad.

Deleted
    I am not a lore person.
    Never read the quest text when im leveling but in MoP i cought myself reading it and get litle excited.
    I love how there are many quests wich are with voice overs nad makes me read moor text just to know whats hapening.

So far i am leveln 90 and i felt like leveling was litle too long.
    I love that there was no flyng mount for leveling and hope it stays that way.
    I liek the pet battles.
    As a ret paladin i jump in queue go do some side stuff..... also the ability to queue for BG while you queue for dung is awsome.
    I queue in dung and queue in bg.. bg popup is fast so i do the bg finish it and come out.. i isntantly get queue for dungeon.. again no moor standing in ogrimar and waiting for queue....

Dungeons are also well made... i love that there is mindles aoe trash pull and getting in high aoe numbers... but the boses are litle chalengin... prety long fights witch allows me to dps moor and sustain my rotation for longer though i wish they would be moor deadly and longer ( just my opinion and curently state of dungeons are fine by me and i hope they dont get nerfed)

So far i am werry happy with mop.
    let swait for the raiding wich is my main goal why i play wow.

Deleted
    This is why we can't have nice things.

10+ Year Old Account
    I entered this post, thinking I would find actual opinions, I was a fool! a FOOL!!!
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.