Thread: DK necromancer

DK necromancer

ok so i have had a few ideas i would like to post on the three classes i play which is hunter warlock and death knight now as death knight first were in the games was a melee summoner mix and i feel like the necromancer part can come out more and this is how i would like it to show ive put alot of thought into it so here it is for my death knight necromancer
    just some basics on how to make it is unholy will be the necromancer tree
    ur basic system is going to be intellect u will prob share armour with holy paladins wat will be unique about them will be dw intellect weapons if u want or a staff no shield or off hand u will also become all casting no melee even though u dw it will just be for the stats and i think it would look cool
    first thing off would be ur necromancy skills u would always keep a minon but i thought of a better way instead of using the normal ghoul or the glyph for the geist control undead will make a view with this becoming unholy will turn this spell into dominate undead with that it works like a hunters tame but instead of all these different pets there all just model holders u can dominate any undead except maybe a few like liches but they will all keep the same abilities and the spell dark transformation will kinda work like a hunters bestial wrath instead of changing there form they will keep the normal one just glow green or black either or and of course gain the new abilities
    next would be ur spells instead of runic power it would convert over to mana but u can keep ur runes ill give a list of spells that change
    Icy Touch will stay the same its already a casting
    Plague Strike= Plagued Bolt-Does direct damage plus puts blood plague on them
    Pestilence is the same except it dont have to be melee range
    Mind Freeze would be taken out as strangulate would be ur only choice and Chains of Ice stay the same
    Blood Boil will be the same just increased radious
    Death Coil= stays the same but is ur base spell Is a 3 sec cast and sudden doom is a chance on hit
    Blood Strike= Blood Wrath- same thing in spell form
    and ect most spells will use a rune wit some mana some will be just mana like death coil and most attacks that use two runes will convert to mana i didnt wanna type all spells out as im sure u can figure some of them out
    also two things i would wanna add out side unholy is to add more of a summor to things like a permanent pet for all three specs
    Blood-Blood beast-chance on hit to heal the blood dk-leach-channeled move heals dk-blood implosion-does aoe damage-also any way this creature dies it summons blood worms
    Frost-skeletal frost mage-about the same as water elemental just add some undeath moves

10+ Year Old Account
    First off, commas, periods, and paragraphs are your friend.

Second, that isn't the idea of the playable Death Knight. Death Knights are scourge warriors who wield massive weapons emblazoned with runes of power, which is what grants them their magic.

They are melee oriented and back up their powerful weapon strikes with a wide range of magic abilities, such as healing abilities like rune tap, defensive spells like anti-magic shell or icebound fortitude, or offensive abilities like howling blast or death coil.

Unholy has a limited amount of necromancy abilities in being able to raise and control a ghoul/geist minion, which they can empower after expending runic power.

What you're thinking of are the first generation death knights, the ones Gul'dan created, which were the souls of powerful orc warlocks transplanted into human corpses.
    Last edited by Zethras; 2012-10-02 at 06:13 AM.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard would probably not ever change an existing spec so dramatically. Maybe they will add new specs to existing classes instead of adding a new one in the next xpac ;-)