Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    is there any real difference between clock'em the brawlers arena pet and mechanical archeology pet?
    Stat-wise, they are both the same. But they use completely different skill-sets.
    Last edited by Delaios; 2013-05-12 at 08:49 AM.

mostly use my cat salem (you know the one on the stick and the hat .. xD)
    got decent dmg and the attack on 3 heals it after a kill, so you can keep pulling shit :P

to lvl i go under dalaran, the critters there die pretty fast

Mr. Grubbs is the baws!

Speed Crow / Speed Crow / Speed Crow

Best comp.

Deleted
    I use Infected Squirrell, Kirin Tor Familiar and Mechanized Robo Cub. The squirell and Familiar wrecks everyones ass, and the cub is there just in case.

The DMF just ended and I forgot to buy the Darkmoon Tonk and Zeppelin. Just wanted to check in here and see if they were still worthwhile to level to 25? All I have right now are 2 Dragonbone Condors and 1 Arcane Eye at max.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geegeez View Post
    The DMF just ended and I forgot to buy the Darkmoon Tonk and Zeppelin. Just wanted to check in here and see if they were still worthwhile to level to 25? All I have right now are 2 Dragonbone Condors and 1 Arcane Eye at max.
    I use my Zepp all the time. Against a fair number of pets that use 2-round attacks like Dive or Burrow, the Decoy works great, and rockets and bombs destroy beasts, making them easy to level. Their elemental attack is also useful at times. I routinely use the Zepp to destroy that stupid monkey pet in the Darkmoon Faire daily.

Just be warned that, like all mechanicals, it's vulnerable to poison attacks which do elemental damage-over-time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I picked up a highland skunk the other day and I am very pleased. -25% accuracy is just pure troll. that coupled with its speed and attack first attack makes it one of my favorites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Core Hound Pup <3

Deleted
    Enjoying using the Animus pet, and any blizzard store pet is strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Geegeez View Post
    The Tonk is really quite good. Very high burst potential between Shock and Awe and Ion Cannon. It's been a staple of my Fable fights, the last pet to swap in for the killing blows.

Been running Personal World Destroyer, Dark Phoenix ( for some reason) and Crawling claw. Seems not to work too well...maybe a healer or a beast would help...

My best two pets for leveling from 1 to 25 were a spider (beast) due to the fact that it has some sustain, and those dots really do hurt) Also, a mechanical pet, like a darkmoon tonk, is really a good investment. It still serves me well even after leveling 75 pets to 25

My team is currently Anubisath Idol (still a strong pet even though it got nerfed), Celestial Dragon & Magical Crawdad.

Good alternatives for me are Crow, Fel Flame, Lil' XT and Shore Crab. :-)

Deleted
    Hey guys,

First post, but I'm looking for some advice on which pets to level to help me conquer the pet tamers, dailies, etc. No real interest in PVP, but I can't get past the Northrend tamers right now. I always get spanked pretty hard.

Current 25s are as follows (all rare):

• Emerald Proto Whelp
    • Flayer Youngling
    • Spirit Crab

If you want, you can see my pet list from Armory at Draenor/Jigawatt (EU)

I'm leveling my Fel Flame and Chuck at the moment to help round out my pet stable, but honestly I'm a big fan of the tankier/self sustaining pets - Proto Whelp is my go to for most fights, the shield and 3 round heal is awesome. I never really thought Celestial Dragon was that great.

I've heard good things about the Corefire Imp, but it's humanoid and looking to round out some of the gaps in my other pet families. Not averse to capturing new pets or even the pet store. Bring it on!

Thanks!
    Last edited by mmoc479b7e2432; 2013-06-03 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siksoh View Post
    Hey guys,

First post, but I'm looking for some advice on which pets to level to help me conquer the pet tamers, dailies, etc. No real interest in PVP, but I can't get past the Northrend tamers right now. I always get spanked pretty hard.

Current 25s are as follows (all rare):

• Emerald Proto Whelp
    • Flayer Youngling
    • Spirit Crab

If you want, you can see my pet list from Armory at Draenor/Jigawatt (EU)

I'm leveling my Fel Flame and Chuck at the moment to help round out my pet stable, but honestly I'm a big fan of the tankier/self sustaining pets - Proto Whelp is my go to for most fights, the shield and 3 round heal is awesome. I never really thought Celestial Dragon was that great.

I've heard good things about the Corefire Imp, but it's humanoid and looking to round out some of the gaps in my other pet families. Not averse to capturing new pets or even the pet store. Bring it on!

Thanks!
    You'll want to have a healthy mix with all pet families, preferably some hard-hitters as well, not just defensive ones. You won't be able to do the Beasts of Fable quest with defensive pets (they two/three shot most pets).
    The pet families I use the least are probably Undead (Humanoid pets are rare) and Beasts (other pets are better against critters), so you can put those lower on the list.

The Flayer Youngling is a very good pet to have, it just destroys critters. The Kun Lai Runt and Stunted Yeti are slightly better offensively, but lack defense.

Some really good pets that I frequently use are:

- Frogs (any kind); these are excellent against Undead pets.
    - Jade Owl; hard counter to Aquatic pets.
    - Elementals; these are hard counters to Mechanical pets. A Ruby Sapling is great against Mechanical pets with multi-hitting attacks.
    - Mirror Strider; I use this pet to mostly solo Farmer Nishi, a trainer in Four Winds that is great for levelling up pets.
    - Snails; very good pet to use against the Pandaren Spirits.

'Borrowed' from Warcraft Pets forums:

This is my generic team, which should work well against the majority of the BoF. The goal of this team is to set up a mix of bombs which will detonate on the same turn, under a Howl (+100% damage). You will deliver 100% of your damage at the same time: this way, the enemies won't be able to react and mitigate the damage with their powerful heals.

This strategy should grant you a kill on turn 6 or 7.

Team :
    1: Unborn Val'kyr (1,2,2)
    2: Pandaren water spirit (1,2,2)
    3: Chrominius (1,1,2)

Round 1: Unholy Ascension
    Your Unborn Val'kyr resurrects
    Round 2: Curse of Doom
    Your Unborn Val'kyr dies
    Switch to Pandaren water spirit
    Round 3: Geyser
    Round 4: Whirlpool
    Round 5: Switch to Chrominius
    Round 6: Howl
    At the end of this turn, Curse of Doom, Geyser and Whirlpool detonate at the same time with a +125% boost (25% from Unholy Ascension and 100% from Howl). The enemy takes a truckload of damage and is stunned.
    Round 7: Surge of Power if the enemy is still alive

For Dos-Ryga, cast some Shadow Slashes, then proceed as explained above (Unholy ascension > Curse of doom > etc...). The goal is to stall for a bit with the Shadow Slashes to have the enemy's Whirlpool detonate on your Val'kyr's last turn instead of your Pandaren water spirit.
    Actually there is an universal team for legendary beasts. You can beat all beasts of fable with three pets. Two pets with explodes (any two from Darkmoon Zeppelin, Pet Bombling, Minfernal, Netherspace Abyssal and Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling) and Chrominius. You will beat all beasts except No-no and sometimes Lucky Yi and Dos'Ryga in 4 rounds. Those two with heals will need one more run, and 2-3 more rounds for No-no since he has Dive and thing that protects from 2 attacks.
    Explode, Explode, Howl, Surge of Power. Very easy. For Lucky Yi and Dos'Ryga, use Bite after Howl and before Surge of Power if they healed. Usually not needed for Lucky Yi because he heals himself in first round.
    As for Pandaren tamers, Anubish Idol is must, it can solo 80% of teams there. I'm using Disgusting Oozeling as starter pet on those that can't be (4Winds/Karasang tamers), but second Idol would work, and getting a fast critter makes Thundering elemental a joke. And third pet as carry, with cap and 25% sausages it takes 5 tamers to bring pet from 1 to 25 (Kun-Lai summit trainer use swarm-like abilities that gets blocked completely by Sandstorm making them safe to swap 1lvl pet in).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    'Borrowed' from Warcraft Pets forums:
    I'm going to have to try those on Nitun. My current teams can beat the other BoF pets nine times out of ten, but against that bandicoon I'm about 50/50

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I'm going to have to try those on Nitun. My current teams can beat the other BoF pets nine times out of ten, but against that bandicoon I'm about 50/50
    Zandalari Kneebiter can solo (or almost kill) all 3 critter type BoF pets, open with black claw then use hunting party, this week it killed Lucky Yi and Ka'wi on the 3rd round and left Nitun at around 200 hp which was finished with Poison spit from my Eternal Strider (hits for 700 due to the black claw and 100% dmg taken debuff still up from hunting party).

My Kneebiter is currently P/B so when I can find a P/P one it should certainly be able to solo Nitun, although that version might end up to slow, I believe it needs to go first for it to work as his hp is pretty low, something to check anyway.
    Last edited by mmocee72ac48eb; 2013-06-05 at 03:00 PM.