Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    According to this guy http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9573278620#5 frost looks with the current RPPM changes like this http://gyazo.com/3b4cfaf966fba73bb9949369f1f1ce4b

A) Is this guy and his SimC numbers really trustworthy?
    B) If this is the case, it´s a huge nerf to frost (I expected one, but not this huge)
    C) Never ever will Blizzard buff frost by ~60k dps to compensate nor by more to bring it in line with arcane and fire.
    I have link it in the trinket discussion but I shouldn't have. We discuss about it with Lhiv and he found that he should have the wrong action list that still check for frostbolt's debuff for some casting. It's why dps is so low.

Actual simulation show a drop from 240k to 235k.

----
    and mage tend to be overestimated by a few % in 5.3 SimC. Don't now with 5.4.
    So it's ok to compare between mage spec but not really with other class.
    I don't no why. Maybe, it's because of L90, some problem between AT & BL, lag impact or something like this.
    Last edited by mmocccfbebbec4; 2013-08-06 at 02:31 PM.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We're not convinced Fire is going to scale out of control. Beyond say 50% crit or so, the value starts to decrease.
    Fire's DPS is a little high in ToT. We were worried they were going to scale much higher in SoO, but it may not happen.
    Seeing as fire's scaling is fine, it would seem reasonable to ask for frost to scale just as well yes?

Deleted
    Whew, okay! I was really shocked after following your link ^^ But I don´t see the drop by only 5k?

http://lhiveras-library.com/sites/lh...les/frost.html
    http://lhiveras-library.com/sites/lh...frost_ptr.html

Still an 18k drop from live and the former PTR results (without RPPM changes) where around 263k on PTR, so we have lost around 30k with these changes? Or did I missed something?

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    - That they actually have the intention of balancing numbers to anything that the people who complain about it would accept
    Can't be done. People would just complain about smaller differences than before. They'd complain none the less.

Deleted
    I discovered a bug with the T16 2p and glyphed Icy Veins: While under Icy Veins, it seems that the buff will consume its own frostfire bolt and amplifies the second of the 3 splitted bolts. Maybe we need some test on the other spells while under Icy Veins, too. I don´t know why I can´t submit bugs on PTR : /

Deleted
    I submitting report you should go to official forum in the PTR part.

It will be easy to test :

1. remove all variable (trinket, enchanted stuff, etc)
    2. cast BF-FFB during IV
    3. check if the buff is eaten
    4. check if the 2nd mini-bolt do 20% more damage
    5. repeat it to make sure it's not RNG.
    6. send combat-log to dev

Off topic, but Should I go back to frost? doing very very low dps on heroic encounters (120k-140k), and I feel arcane + rune + no gear is to blame.
    Armory in sig.

Would it be worth it? at least until I can get some more gear.

Deleted
    @Citizen : I did some test for the bug.

Here's the number :
    • 22839/27289/22698 (+19.48%/+20.23%)
    • 22927/27560/22935 (+20.20%/+20.16%)
    • 22804/13640/11338 (--/+20.30%)
    • 22705/27423/22907 (+20.78%/+19.71%
    • 11387/27260/22820 (--/+19.46%)
    • 22743/22785/27348 (+20.24%/+20.02%

I use Eaves Drop for my test and it show :
    • Brain Freeze Fades
    • Frozen Through
    • Frozen Through Fades
    • 27440 (+19.74%/+20.44%)

It's clearly used by the one of the 2 following mini-bolt. When it's the last bolt, I think it's because of lag, etc.
    It isn't strictly 20% because every spell have a base RNG.
    The difference is big enough for telling there's a bug with the 2p T16.

Deleted
    Thank you Nathyiel, couldn´t do any test because of work and today`s farmraid. But I will write it in our official forums as suggested. Really like to see my burst again without this bug. Juggernault is a really nice fight for frost mages. Most fun so far.

Deleted
    hehe, good to now. I have tweeted a link to this post to @holinka.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    Off topic, but Should I go back to frost? doing very very low dps on heroic encounters (120k-140k), and I feel arcane + rune + no gear is to blame.
    Armory in sig.

Would it be worth it? at least until I can get some more gear.
    Hard to judge without any logs, but you're likely better off as frost for most fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxedwaffle View Post
    Hard to judge without any logs, but you're likely better off as frost for most fights.
    I am at a 525 item level. All my research say go frost, but I'm hesitant.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-a5pl8jsvs4hjlhpv/ last night's h council progression. Heroic jin whatever and Horridon are there too.

Arcane is fine for council. You have to focus on getting the most out of NT and keeping it on all bosses all the time. You should not be using living bomb for this fight.

Frost will do this as well, but won't get nearly as much out of NT as arcane will. Arcane is simply better than frost for that particular fight. Frost is mostly useful during progression for deeping loa spirits and twisted fates. Glyph deep freeze and macro it as such:

/tar blessed loa spirit
    /cast deep freeze

Save an FoF charge or pet nova CD for this. I just had the macro as shift-F3 with pet nova as F3 so I could quickly chain them, and pet nova doesn't work on anything else (of use) anyway.

You should be #1 by miles on both loa spirits and twisted fates doing this, as you can spam ice lances into them while deeped. Doing this will also increase the damage of your other mages on them since they benefit from your shatter.

You can also make macros to /tar boss /cast mage bomb /targetlasttarget for each of the four bosses if you want to keep NT up on all four without having to click or tab target.

Frost mostly "shines" when there's 2-3 bosses left and you can cleave them, it's just got weaker throughput overall due to NT being so broken for arcane and combustion being spreadable as fire.
    Last edited by Libretto; 2013-08-08 at 12:43 AM.

Deleted
    The Trinket http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=102293/p...s-of-immerseus seems bugged, because it doesn´t proc anymore : / Hope they will fix it for tonights raid tests.

Deleted
    115s ICD, that will be a real 120s CD including the time to proc it. It's huge.

Setting addon to show this proc will more than necessary ... but it can be use once every two Frozen Orb.

- - - Updated - - -

the 11k intel proc will make it for his rarity ;-)

Deleted
    And you cast invocation every 2nd proc

Deleted
    Lhiv simulation have been update with last Rppm change, it show :*
    rppm proc's uptime have halved or near. ~3% tempus repit, ~20% for Wush/Breath but still ~40% for Jade enchant.

Haste value drop in all situation. I will have to make a Plot to see where's the breakpoint now. But it pass from 0.4/1 to 0.3/1 with this change only.

Crit value is more important in movement mini-bolt is still around 99% crit but IL/FFB are only at 96% with 24.4% raid crit. It value increase from 0.35/1 to 0.4/1 or more.

Mastery is better in cleave situation because of splitting Icicle. It's value is stable around 0.43/1, except for movement where it drop to 0.37/1

From what I see, the first consequence will be increase in Crit value.
    Int proc will be more rare but more powerful so we will need more crit to Shatter cap IL/FFB around 100%.

If balancing don't change it too much (it still possible), things will be like this :
    int > crit (26%/28%) > haste (40%/50%) > mastery > crit > haste

10+ Year Old Account
    Nath, why in cleave situation it doesn't use NT? And why fireblast appears in movement sims? I ony use fireblast if I have to move on a long period and I don't have procs ( so in TOT only on LeiShen Hm)

Deleted
    Still curious how the devs will balance the 3 specs. Can´t wait for the number balancing.

@ Sombrelune, SimC uses Fireblast only if FoF or BF is not available. The cleave profile only use two targets and LB is superior in this case.

Deleted
    Fireblast is in the action list, it will be cast if anythings can't be cast. During it's CD, normal IL is cast. But I will check this, when I have time.
    For LB or NT, choice, it's just all action list haven't been optimised at all.

My guild is in pause until 5.4, I will have more time to look at it. I will make a discussion around Simulation optimisation in a few day, or these weekend.
    Now, I'm in SimC project because of someone that I won't name. So if you have suggestion, idea, etc, just PM me. I will see what can I do. (it's true for all mage spec).

Actually, I'm thinking around T16 and Icicle usage.