10+ Year Old Account
    Wow I clearly failed at communication there, haha.

I see a DPS loss whenever I cancel cast and use the BF proc.

I see a DPS increase when I wait. I see less than 1% lost procs wasted over the course of a 4 hour raid.

Deleted
    dps loss. Interrupting a cast is always a dps loss.

What combination will be better Wushoolay+LotC(h)2/2 and NT or Wushoolay+Volatily talisman and FB?

Deleted
    I've a stupid question about the pet : when fighting against jinrokh, should we frost mage glyph the pet to have it next to us in the water ? Or does it get increased damage because we stand in the pool, no matter where it stands ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bulge View Post
    What combination will be better Wushoolay+LotC(h)2/2 and NT or Wushoolay+Volatily talisman and FB?
    Always use NT unless the fight is more frost bomb friendly e.g. horridon. Wushoolay is very very good with nether tempest because it isn't dynamic.

As for the actual trinkets I would probably use volatile talisman over 510 LotC. I don't think there will be a significant difference though.

Quote Originally Posted by thanje View Post
    I've a stupid question about the pet : when fighting against jinrokh, should we frost mage glyph the pet to have it next to us in the water ? Or does it get increased damage because we stand in the pool, no matter where it stands ?
    Don't ever glyph the water elemental. It causes problem which forces you to macro petattack to your moves which in turn just causes more problems.

I would suggest just placing him in the middle for jin'rokh or towards the front of the pool you're in.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post

Don't ever glyph the water elemental. It causes problem which forces you to macro petattack to your moves which in turn just causes more problems.

I would suggest just placing him in the middle for jin'rokh or towards the front of the pool you're in.
    Ok, I must have missed something. Since when is there a problem with the WE glyph? I have been using it all expansion with no problem.

Same, I've never had any issue with my elemental glyphed. He is a freaking nightmare to deal with unglyphed. He always swaps targets with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find he just stops attacking sometimes when glyphed. You can add petattack to your moves but then he gets cut off midcast sometimes.

Most of the time you can just place him in one spot for the entire fight anyway.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    dps loss. Interrupting a cast is always a dps loss.
    Yeah, human response time coupled with latency is just to long for it to make sense.

Deleted
    no, it's just mathematics.
    If you cast a bolt and you interrupt it 1s after (via /stopcasting) to launch a big spell like FFB, it will give something like this :
    • 0.00 - start casting
    • 1.00 - BF proc 1s after, /stopcasting & still 0.5s of GCD
    • 1.50 - FFB launch & start of the GCD
    • 2.00 - end of the GCD

Conclusion, your FFB cost you 3s instead of 1.5s, a loss of 50%
    The DPS loss equal : FFB/3 - FB/2 - FFB/1.5s = 120k/3 - 60k/2 - 120k/1.5 = 60-30-80 = -50k dps.
    (all data is not real, just for comprehension)

Does anyone know what the haste break points or soft cap is for a frost Mage?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirroo2241 View Post
    Does anyone know what the haste break points or soft cap is for a frost Mage?
    Soft cap would be 15698 haste rating, which is when your Frostbolt casts would reach the 1 sec GCD cap during heroism.
    Assumes, hero, frost armor, raid haste buff, and IV glyphed

2/(1.30[hero]*1.07[armor]*1.05[raid haste buff]) = 36.934716% haste*425 rating = 15,698 haste rating

Least that's my napkin math

Thanks for the reply. I'm currently at 23.4 unbuffed. When I have lust and my shado pan trinket active my cast time goes dip under 1 sec. I'm trying to decide if I should replace some haste gems for int. http:my character name is arachnid on the bloodhoof us server. I haven't posted enough to link the page :/. If anyone wants to look at my armory and has any input it'd be much appreciated .

Quote Originally Posted by Sirroo2241 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I'm currently at 23.4 unbuffed. When I have lust and my shado pan trinket active my cast time goes dip under 1 sec. I'm trying to decide if I should replace some haste gems for int. http:my character name is arachnid on the bloodhoof us server. I haven't posted enough to link the page :/. If anyone wants to look at my armory and has any input it'd be much appreciated .
    This question was answered about 5 pages back (I know...I asked the question). Essentially, when your cast time dips below 1s, every bit below it becomes a waste. I looked at your toon and you're still gemming straight haste. This also has been wildly discussed. Your (slightly) better way to go is gem for int more. So you could prolly should swap your 320 haste in the belt buckle for 320 int and then drop your other JC gem into a red slot (or weapon prismatic once you get it) The rest of your yellows should end up int/haste gems with your blues being int/hit or int/haste. That should drop you enough and give you a bit of a dps boost.

Also as a troll you may run into the problem of going under 1 sec cast times when you have hero/trink/berserker up, all at the same time. I had that issue as well and the best solution I found was to move Berserker out of my CD macro and when lusting (especially off the pull) I wait until after Acceleration goes away to use it. Personally that insane large haste proc screws a lot of things up in my opinion. I can't wait to replace it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haste over 100% isn't completely wasted. It will still reduce the channel time of invocation and improve nether tempest or frost bomb.

If you're a troll and finding yourself over 100% when using everything you should just stagger berserking so you don't have it up at the same time as hero.

As for gemming like the person above me said when 5.2 hit stat weights changed and int went back to being more then twice the value of haste and as far as we know there's not really any good reason to still be using haste gemming instead of int gemming.
    Armory

Thank you for the quick response and detailed info guys. Can't wait to re gem and give it a shot.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I broke the spec, guys.

I can tell this'll be a fun night.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    I broke the spec, guys.
    I can tell this'll be a fun night.
    woot did ya do?:P

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Got 4p. I had a hunch that the 4p would inflate mastery a tiny bit, but not that much against uncapped crit.

Edit: 2 haste>1 int anomaly seems to be the large jump when you hit the 9498 breakpoint for 17 ticks on NT.

I can't explain mastery other than 4p's increased proc chance increased the value over the last ~15% to crit cap on those spells.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2013-03-26 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Got 4p. I had a hunch that the 4p would inflate mastery a tiny bit, but not that much against uncapped crit.

Edit: 2 haste>1 int anomaly seems to be the large jump when you hit the 9498 breakpoint for 17 ticks on NT.

I can't explain mastery other than 4p's increased proc chance increased the value over the last ~15% to crit cap on those spells.
    Ahh!! Man I can't wait to try 4set, gonna be freaking awesome - gief gloves! :P
    I see the connection between 4 set, and a very high increase in mastery's value. 15% fof proc change on fb is still very very rng, and tbh, I dont feel that I get a fof proc on approximately 1 outta 6/7 fb (or so) hits - however, 21% chance removes a lot of "rng" if u can call it that, by giving 1/5 spell a fof proc, thus also making mastery worth some more than previously Quite logic imo, but that the value is that great, I woudn't have guessed

Gief that 4 set now, can't wait to test it out ^^