Page 96 of 131 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Sorry, but no. That's a bad idea. Because you'll end up wasting stored icicles and you'll need to track them. Icicles can't operate any differently than they do now or the feel of frost play will change too much.

It's fine as it is. Ice lance should get a 15% buff or so simply to help ease some minds and we need a little nudge in output anyway.
    Yes we really, really need it. There are more DPS checks in SoO than I/we thought. We just discussed it and there is no way for Frost in SoO for me/us. I´m not the only one in our guild who has to spec what he need than he like. It´s the first time "I have to" for me. Lets see how much fun I have during progress with this conditions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Sorry, but no. That's a bad idea. Because you'll end up wasting stored icicles and you'll need to track them. Icicles can't operate any differently than they do now or the feel of frost play will change too much.

It's fine as it is. Ice lance should get a 15% buff or so simply to help ease some minds and we need a little nudge in output anyway.
    Obviously thats hardly a solution possible within the current frame, I was rather brainstorming on possible solutions. I'm still convinced that a change to Ice Lance would be warranted, not just a slight buff. It seems silly that Frost is juggling two different proccs. Maybe making Ice Lance some sort of cross between Scorch and Inferno Blast would be nice. Dismissing that idea because it doesn't fit with the current implementation of mastery is redundant, I already know that it's impossible right now I just think it would be a nice move.

Ice Lance getting a buff is a solution, but affects PvP quite heavily without adressing the inherent scaling problem, so I wonder if they will go that route, or just not bother to do anything at all. The latter seems most likely anyway.
    Last edited by mmocc2b5211cc4; 2013-09-18 at 03:50 PM.

Simple solution would be to allow FoF IL damage to scale with mastery directly (same way waterbolt does). Adjusting base values as needed. done.

If they are concerned with pvp damage getting to high, give it the same treatment as the mage bombs, IL or just FOF IL do 80% damage against players, or something.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2013-09-18 at 05:36 PM.

If they're going to make a change to IL damage and scaling, it's about time they started implementing PVP coefficients. It's long overdue and part of the reason why we're having issues getting Frost to perform optimally in PVE.

There not gonna make major changes this late in the xpac. It won't be til next xpac that we see major changes to Mages in general and I pray to god that it is for the better and not worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomy View Post
    There not gonna make major changes this late in the xpac. It won't be til next xpac that we see major changes to Mages in general and I pray to god that it is for the better and not worse.
    I wouldn't go so far as to say we won't see it this xpac. The tier is still young. We're not asking for an overhaul; we're just asking for a fix to something that went untraced on the PTR and is a huge deal.

You know, it's not impossible to keep Icicles similar while fixing them. Has anyone suggested an idea like this before?

- Ice Lance now generates Icicles; Frostfire Bolt doesn't.
    - Frostfire Bolt launches Icicles, but also grants a short buff that allows Icicles to crit for the duration. It could last about as long as it takes for five Icicles to hit their target from about 40 yards away.

This helps the problem for a few reasons:

1. Not counting Icicles in any way, Frostfire Bolt is our strongest attack, so the scaling issue we are seeing with Ice Lance would be pushed farther back...IF it's even an issue, because

2. Giving the "launcher" attack some way to interact with our Mastery (Icicle Crit buff) would give us incentive to actually fire them all off. Since the buff would last for a while, it would still be useful to FFB without a lot of Icicles, cos you can just go about your normal rotation again until Brain Freeze procs, and probably have some time left on the buff.

3. Even if the above reasons wouldn't keep FFB from becoming a DPS loss under these circumstances, the fact that both of our Tier Set bonuses are tied to Brain Freeze would still give us a lot of incentive to use the procs.

---

Now, personally, I'm not a big fan of Icicles. I cry about them to my guild, like, every day. But, the reality of the situation is that Icicles is probably not going away. It's probably a preview of how we can expect Frost to evolve over the next expansion (because, honestly, if ALL they wanted to do was fix Frost PvP burst, their had to be an easier way than making a completely new Mastery with new graphics and new mechanics). They aren't going away, so we probably ought to start coming up with some well-thought out suggestions on how to make it workable and fun, going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by SGMusico View Post
    You know, it's not impossible to keep Icicles similar while fixing them. Has anyone suggested an idea like this before?
    Ice lance buff would be very viable. Granted it will only solve the problem for this tier as it still doesn't scale from mastery.

Im not sure if its been asked and I missed it but are any of the timeless coin trinkets worth the 50k for frost? What about for arcane?

Quote Originally Posted by Aradea View Post
    Im not sure if its been asked and I missed it but are any of the timeless coin trinkets worth the 50k for frost? What about for arcane?
    It's pretty bad for both specs, since it's a crit proc. Almost as bad as UVLS. Pretty bad for arcane as well I'd imagine.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Ice lance buff would be very viable. Granted it will only solve the problem for this tier as it still doesn't scale from mastery.
    Maybe, but since the main source of PvP burst is Ice Lance, I doubt they're gonna want to buff IL much further than it is now. Viable buff, sure; but it does bring them closer to a problem they're trying to fix with Icicles in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SGMusico View Post
    Maybe, but since the main source of PvP burst is Ice Lance, I doubt they're gonna want to buff IL much further than it is now. Viable buff, sure; but it does bring them closer to a problem they're trying to fix with Icicles in the first place.
    I just read that Blizzard can easily buff a Warlock's Chaos Bolt because they can nerf the damage it does in PVP. Do the same for Frost Mage spells. Buffed.

Deleted
    No, we are Frost Mages. Warlocks are casters first class, we are not. Know your place in this world.

Akraen how did you manage to get that belt I thought the cloth was BoP ?

Trying myself to grab it but going to take me 3 weeks with 1 cd per day :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salystra View Post

The cloth is but the belt is not, no? If I am thinking of the right belt now.

I was wondering how beneficial the T15 4 set bonus is for us. I have been reading on here that some people are not even using there FoF IL. I got some flex raid upgrades last night and wondered if it would be better to drop the 4 set for the higher ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account

The cloth is BoP, but it can be created using spirit of war as well, removing the cooldown

You can craft the extra ones with DE reagents from SoO loot. And ofc being a guild master helps a lot ^^

It does indeed help being a GM but even so that's alot of DE'd war drops surely ? its 21 cloth I have 7 currently from daily cd
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.