Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This really reflects a change in the culture of gearing in the game.

There has never been a time in the entire history of the game where a step higher in content remotely required having every single slot occupied by something from the previous level of content.

In reality, if raids are tuned anything like they have always been traditionally, being around 456-457 should be plenty of gear to start normal mode raiding, much less LFR.

LFR is catered to a hyper-casual completionist gotta-catch-em-all culture of gearing, where you're a failure if you don't have the highest ilvl in every slot. This is different than the culture of normal/heroic mode raiding, where you are trying to attain the maximum success as far as possible in the minimum gear by intelligent strat choices, class synergies, min/maxing what you have, etc.

In other words, the 463 requirement is not so much anything to do with the difficulty level of the game itself, it's to do with the fact that the hypercasual gear collector demo that LFR is made for need arbitrary stupid rules like that, because that's the game that they're playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    It takes only a few hours to get 463. . . If that's too much for the average "Casual" then maby said person should swap to a single-player game or GW2.
    It takes more than a few hours my friend but it is easy. OP you could actually do the raids like they are supposed to be done and that will reward you with loot to do LFR, just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    they seem to have fixed that to some extent.
    Whenever I am fishing and have my fishing pole equipped I cannot queue for heroics. Switch to my actual weapons and can queue np and can switch back to fishing pole and stay in queue.

But if you can equip it you can just use a set of gear to queue up for things then switch back to your regular gear set.
    From my experience your "queuing iLvl" is equal to the average of your equipped and "in bags" iLvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    It took me a little more than 20 heroic runs to get 463 item level. That might take casuals a week or two, but hopefully at that time they'll have valor gear and 463 will be much easier to get.
    I'm at 28 heroic's downed and only have 7 pieces of heroic gear. I've only lost one or two pieces to a rogue (damned rogues!). Idk if it's just me and bad RNG is bad, but ALL I see in heroic drops is cloth and plate. Hardly see mail and only seen leather 10 times in 28 full heroics downed. Which is what, an average of 4 bosses per run lets say, so 10 leather/useful-to-monk weapon drops in 112 bosses =/
    Proof of 28 heroic runs: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ic#14807:15164

So 7 more heroic pieces needed, (one epic trinket from our good friend Coren), to be full heroics. If my RNG stays the same, then I'm looking at MORE than 28 heroic runs because I will probably get drops of stuff that I already have.

Let's say 15 minutes a run per heroic, just to be generous, I've already done 7 full hours of heroics for 7 pieces of gear. So I'm looking at probably 15+ hours before I get enough heroic gear to be able to do LFR. The heroics aren't hard, but that is a fair amount of time to put into heroics in two weeks while trying to accomplish dailies and every other such thing.
    Last edited by monsage; 2012-10-02 at 08:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    It took me a little more than 20 heroic runs to get 463 item level. That might take casuals a week or two, but hopefully at that time they'll have valor gear and 463 will be much easier to get.
    20 heroics is way below average. I personally have done 55 heroics now, and I still miss 2 items to be full 463. And I know of guildies who are off even worse. Unless you have a load of money to buy craftables, it will take a lot of time for most people to reach the requirements for LFR. Which is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    they seem to have fixed that to some extent.
    Whenever I am fishing and have my fishing pole equipped I cannot queue for heroics. Switch to my actual weapons and can queue np and can switch back to fishing pole and stay in queue.
    Have you noticed that you don't need to equip a fishing pole to fish any more?

463 for lfr is really high..

thats assuming u win every piece of gear for every slot in a heroic dungeon.. considering that means 2 trinkets helm neck chest gloves wrists legs belt 2 rings 1 wep and oh or a 2her..

ive been running mop heroics on my pally for the past 4-5 days and im only 454 or 456 at best.. the dungeon drop rate of some items is just piss poor.

Scenarios have a chance to award 463 ilevel gear and do quite often.

It takes only a few hours to get 463. . . If that's too much for the average "Casual" then maby said person should swap to a single-player game or GW2.
    Bull. I have a 455 ilvl and I've been 90 for about 15 hours. It takes a LOT longer than a "few" hours. For a casual, I would say you can expect 60-80 hours at level 90 before you have a 463 ilvl.

even with 463 ilvl people will strugle to kill any boss in LFR. Blizzard made LFR actualy "hard" its no more a loot pinata like DS was.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Almost never you mean. I've done about 15 scenarios so far. One had a quest that gave me a 450 ilvl weapon. In one I got a reward bag that had a 463 neck that wasn't for my spec. That's it. Quite often is a dramatic overstatement.

NEED. MORE. GEAR. Dammit, I'm only at 461 iLvl. I'll get there though.

Brewfest trinket, few heroics, few bgs and you are 363 just fine. If you also do dailies you'll get recipes for crafting epics.
    Does LFR even open yet?
    Why should casuals get 363 instantly? You will get gear a bit slower than others because you play less, I dont see a problem.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentpwn View Post
    PvP gear doesn't count
    Proof of this? I plan to grind BGs for the item level.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Have you noticed that you don't need to equip a fishing pole to fish any more?
    yes, not that that matters at all to the discussion.

Deleted
    Bullcrap. In the past 15 dungeons I've gotten exactly one drop. At that rate it's more than just a few hours.

If they made it any lower, there would be NO point in doing the Heroics.

Making people have to clear out heroics to move on makes sense to me. Took me about a week of doing heroics to get 463 average, but I severely limited how many I did after Friday with most of my chain running happening Wed-Friday.

Suck it up, go clear the easy as dirt instances, and be ready to get your free epics next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Proof of this? I plan to grind BGs for the item level.
    Looks like it won't help. They are hotfixing the PvP 464 epic honor gear to drop it to 458 rares.

Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-gear-changes/
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Looks like it won't help. They are hotfixing the PvP 464 epic honor gear to drop it to 458 rares.

Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-gear-changes/
    Still going to do it for the 483 Conquest items.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    My one ring in 16 runs doesn't qualify as quite often in my books. It wasn't even for my mainspec either.