Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Heroic items going on the BMAH is just the biggest bullshit i have seen in the history of this game....

It should just be vanity stuff on there.
    Have to agree, this really is stupid. Heroic raids aren't even open and people already run around with heroic gear. SO basically if you got a lot of cash you can just gear yourself in heroic gear you don't even deserve.

I bidded 280k gold on the Bonescythe waist.

I got outbid.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by lukyl View Post
    i was randomly browsing some warrior rankings and came across someone on greymane EU named Селинар who has Patroller's Girdle of Endless Spring (heroic) which is supposedly from terrace of endless springs on heroic mode.. how is this possible?? Also weilding Signet of the bandit lord...
    Is this a exploit of some kind?
    ...it's not like that belt is going to massively upgrade his DPS all that much, is it?

by next week people will be seeing it dropping all the time and he'll realize he just blew a crapton of gold out of his ass for a 2-week barely perceptible stat boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic items going on the BMAH is just the biggest bullshit i have seen in the history of this game....

Agree 100%. This is Blizzard though, and after the crapfest that was the RMAH in D3, I'm not surprised that they put heroic loot in the BMAH.

This is just way too true.

Deleted
    You cant be serious?!?!??!?! All heroic raiding gear can be bought by gold via BMAH??!?!!?

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Do people walk now with 192k gold? Is that amount of gold still a lot or "normal" or what?
    192k aint that much nowadays...
    We started to sell boost runs in t11->t13 everyweek when 20% nerf came

Earned around 20-50k/week per player in the raid.

Me myself have user around 150~K to gear and skill upp in MoP and stil have plenty left to spare, checking BM everyday but it is always Mail Agi instead of int...

Deleted

Agree completly, thought only normal raidgear was on there, not heroic gear :O
    Thats so sad, now everyone with alot of gold can buy heroic gear? seriously?

Not that it affects me much what other people have for gear but still, they can atleast earn it themself..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Do people walk now with 192k gold? Is that amount of gold still a lot or "normal" or what?
    Very surprised they went that cheap. Some people are loaded.

---------- Post added 2012-10-03 at 01:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by internetheroxD View Post
    Agree completly, thought only normal raidgear was on there, not heroic gear :O

Not that it affects me much what other people have for gear but still, they can atleast earn it themself..
    They did, they earned the gold. It is not easy.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Deleted

Agreed. Though all the people with lots of gold will be geared quicker and therefore spend less time being trolls because they'll be bored quicker and take breaks. I'm sure acquiring that gear pre-raid is just another days off their eventual burn out time.

Quote Originally Posted by internetheroxD View Post
    That's old news. GDKP runs have been going on for years. You could also buy a FL or DS run for ~100k-200k in Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    They did, they earned the gold. It is not easy.
    It's not easy buying gold with mum's credit card.

It's not easy farming mobs either.

THEN AGAIN, heroic raids prolly take less effort than these nowadays. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by 2chicken2die View Post
    If those stats really matter and they are going for the world first.
    Never sayd they shouldn't. No need to provoke a forum argument lil troll
    Not everyone who dares disagree with you is a troll. Shocking, I know. Some people legitimately have different opinions than yours! :O

You're being hateful and petty. I called you on it. There really is no need to laugh at people just because they're playing the game in a different way than you are.

As for the 'buying heroic gear on the BMAH' thing goes... So far it's been, what, 1-2 items per week on there? Spread that out amongst an entire server and consider that almost every item will go for several hundred thousand gold each... Yeah, I don't see any one person buying a full set of gear any time soon. If ever.

And if they do, grats to them! They probably worked hard for all that gold. Or bought the gold from gold sellers, but that's something for Blizzard to deal with. Not something for us to be concerned with.

At any rate, even if it was bought from gold sellers, it's gold that is exiting the economy and bringing the disparity between the rich and the poor down significantly. Overall this will be a very healthy boost to the economy, which I can only approve of. This will make AH prices better for everyone, not just benefitting the rich.

Even in cata I think I blew about 160k on raid gear (chest, gloves, both weapons and I think shoulders) as money was easy and I was time limited for raiding thus "DKP" wasn't in my favour. It allowed me to spend DKP on choice bits of gear.

The market this time around hasn't been so open (though I'm on a bigger server now...) but once flying mounted I'll still be happily pulling around 10k an hour on a proper farming run. Was able to do about the same in cata (herbing) but the money doesn't go quite so far on my new realm.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2012-10-03 at 08:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by KtN View Post
    Agreed. Though all the people with lots of gold will be geared quicker and therefore spend less time being trolls because they'll be bored quicker and take breaks. I'm sure acquiring that gear pre-raid is just another days off their eventual burn out time.
    The problem with this is the BMAH is random. It doesn't have a set rotation. You aren't guaranteed to see any viable Heroic gear at given intervals.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    I don't see why people are so against this BMAH selling some heroic raiding gear. The items are on for a "long" time which I think is 24 hours? Sometimes they put a new item on there but generally only a wholly new list once a day. It's not like someone will be having full heroic gear in a week if enough gold, it'll take ages and a load of luck for exactly THOSE items to get put on. It's just to fill those gaps where you have bad luck with an item (In TBC on my paladin tank, I did Najen'tus every week until the end of the expansion, about 12 months straight, and the Tide-Stomper's Greaves never dropped....) and if you get the luck that it's put on the BMAH, gogo!

TLDR: people whine

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    The people who manage to buy heroic raidgear upgrades from the BMAH are nothing but extremely lucky, and guess what, when you play an mmo with 4 million relevant subscribers you're going to have a few among them who will be extremely lucky.

The BMAH is in no way a reasonable or suitable way to get your raiding gear upgraded... It's extremely unlikely that personal upgrades for yourself end up being available for you, extremely unlikely that you'll win the bidding and when you do the price for the items will be so outrageous that most people often won't be able to afford doing it a second time in their lifes IF they had been so lucky on finding an upgrade on it to begin with already.

It's just throwing away a lot of gold in an extremely rare occassion, to temporarily have a bit better gear than everyone else.
    True on all points. The earlier idea about progress guilds funding from large banks is a fair comment though. Chasing world firsts would mean a chunk of gold wouldn't be a big deal.
    I've done silly upgrades that gave me a boost previously though (e.g the BT rogue craftable shoulders the week BT launched. Not cheap but... big upgrade).
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

I honestly will not be surprised if Blizzard starts selling gold by the next expansion. First RMAH in D3, then this in WoW. And the funny part is, the players will still defend them.

Quote Originally Posted by 2chicken2die View Post
    I can only laugh at those people. Most of the players that can afford such gear are likely in the more active raiding guilds and will start doing HC soon. And then they prop have to DE the gear when it drops because they already have it.
    You must be new to this game. If anyone has the money to buy that kind of gear, it's usually the more casual players that like to play around in the auction house.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Not everyone who dares disagree with you is a troll. Shocking, I know. Some people legitimately have different opinions than yours! :O

You're being hateful and petty. I called you on it. There really is no need to laugh at people just because they're playing the game in a different way than you are.
    And there you go trolling and provoking. 1. Never blamed you for disagreeing but for provoking and trolling. You bend statements to use them and bash on people. You take every word with the mos negativity wich only says more about you then others and again I can laugh at those people for playing the game different if I want to without saying the shouldn't. But to stop deraling this thread and give you the argument your looking for I will now stop commenting on you and just file a report.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    You must be new to this game. If anyone has the money to buy that kind of gear, it's usually the more casual players that like to play around in the auction house.
    Maybe I should make the words Most and likely bold next time so you can see them better. Also provoking has no use and a non consructive post has no use at all.
    Last edited by mmoc467622676c; 2012-10-03 at 09:07 AM.