Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

World 1st 10man heroic kills, who will be the best guild in the world!

Since there are so few 25 man raiding guilds left we can pretty much discount there progress even if they do get a world first.

So pretty much the 10man race is the interesting one now with over 90% of all raiding guilds being 10 mans and Paragon being in the mix makes it the race to watch.

I have a feeling In extremis and Paragon will be the top 2 this patch with In extremis taking top spot as they are used to raiding as a 10man team, but will be interesting to see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimitzles View Post
    Since there are so few 25 man raiding guilds left we can pretty much discount there progress even if they do get a world first.
    nice troll

Infracted~
    Last edited by mmoc2e3dee3473; 2012-10-03 at 12:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite a few of the fights are easier in 25, so i would be surprised if 25 man wasn't a world first.

Sig by the amazing Shyama! <Ascension 16/16 H 25man oceanic>

Quote Originally Posted by hennyxo View Post
    nice troll
    He is telling the truth, 92.8% of the guilds are now 10man and 25 mans might have it easier this patch, we all know they can't balance the 2 formats perfectly.

TBH I am more interested in the 10man race myself and will consider that the best guild imo.
    Last edited by DreamCast; 2012-10-03 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimitzles View Post

So pretty much the 10man race is the interesting one now with over 90% of all raiding guilds being 10 mans and Paragon being in the mix makes it the race to watch.

I have a feeling In extremis and Paragon will be the top 2 this patch with In extremis taking top spot as they are used to raiding as a 10man team, but will be interesting to see.
    I am going to be optimistic and go with Paragon to take top spot this patch and yeah 25 man raiding doesn't count anymore, too few guilds doing them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamCast View Post
    He is telling the truth, 92.8% of the guilds are now 10man and 25 mans might have it easier this patch, we all know they can't balance the 2 formats perfectly.

TBH I am more interested in the 10man race myself and will consider that the best guild imo.
    I'm not saying the numbers are troll, I'm saying that the troll is that it won't count.

people can't handle the roster pretty much, a guild isn't 10 players sorry

lol paragon leaves 25 mans and every goes crazy. 25 Mans are still were it's at.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanel View Post
    lol paragon leaves 25 mans and every goes crazy. 25 Mans are still were it's at.
    That was the case in WOLTK when there was over 40 000 25man raiding guilds, not when there is less then 2800 now.lol

Deleted
    Why do 25 man not count? Well because all guilds with forum fanboys gone 10 man.
    World first is world first no matter the amount of people. Stop sucking butts and try to justify being second is the new world first cus your so hot for the guild.

Whichever guild gets it first, regardless of size, is first in my eyes. 25 or 10, doesn't matter to me.

Deleted
    First is first, be it 10 or 25, all the talk about 25 not mattering because most guilds threw in the towel is retarded talk.

10+ Year Old Account
    10 man does not count for World First.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

I am personally more interested in the 10man race but if a 25 man raiding guild get world first it still counts. The way I look at it is it's much more impressive to beat over 45000 10 man raiding guilds then to beat whatever small number makes up 25 man raiding guilds now.
    Last edited by ShadowCrafter; 2012-10-03 at 08:31 AM.

25 man race is and will continue to be the interesting race, I was never a 10 man raider to begin with so that's just my opinion.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Deleted
    So, 10 man is now "the race to watch", because Paragon changed to 10 man?

25 man will remain the interesting part, at least for me and many others, even if Paragon decides to wear pink pyjamas whilst going for world first zen master fisher.

As for the World Firsts: Imho, a World First is a World First. Be it 10 man, 25 man or 17 man raiding 25 man. Whoever gets the kill first, was the first. The reason I tend to have more respect for 25-man WFs than for 10-man is simply due to the reason that I know, that those guilds have put in at least 4 times the effort to keep a bigger raid going.

10-man and 25-man might be on par when it comes to the difficulty of the encounter, but on the organization-site keeping a 25-man raid running will always be the most challenging aspect of raiding.
    Last edited by mmoc51d9fadaba; 2012-10-03 at 09:16 AM.

10s do half the work for the same rewards as 25s do.
    they should not be in consideration for world firsts as anything more than a foot note.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    Me.

/10chars

It's hard to put a value on anything a 25man guild does now, since there is little competition left. I'm pretty sure that's the point OP was trying to make. And one i agree with.

Deleted
    So... even tho every single world first to date has been 25man, 1 guild leaves the race and 25man is dead.

Only someone who runs 10man would discount 25man.

10 or 25man does not matter, world first is world first regardless of size. 10man raiders "might" value 10man more because that's what they do. Just because you raid 10man does not mean everyone else should.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    So... even tho every single world first to date has been 25man, 1 guild leaves the race and 25man is dead.
    While I support your position, the problem that many people want to point out is not that 1 guild left the race for 25-man world firsts, but rather that 10,000s of guilds have quitted 25-man raiding in the last few months and that it'd hardly be called a race if you're the only competitor (exaggerated ofc).