Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathgar View Post
    We started the night using 6 but switched to using 7 at the end, but honestly even 7 healers and a proper CD rotation really isn't enough to heal through 22+ stacks as you transition into P3 as that AOE is just as deadly and you really can't expect to heal through both and live. Our dps was more then fine, even with 7 healers and 2 tanks we were pushing through phase 2 in 3 draws.

I feel that once the high second draw stack issue goes away the fight will be easily doable with 6.

You are going the wrong way mate.

We started with 6, dropped to 5. The key is getting TWO and only two draw flames in the that phase.

Go to 5 healers, and don't pop the long 5min dps cds in phase 1. We were pushing phase 1 in 4 epicenters (1st and 3rd with Null) happily, but if you get a 5th it doesn't matter, just Null it again.

Once you get 66% go all out dps, pots + lust + stormlash + army etc. Ignore the first draw flame, it will only have 11-12 stacks. Heal through it with cds. Use Null on the second draw flame (the big 22stack one). You then have zero stacks, and need to push to 33% BEFORE the next draw flame.

Last phase we did 3 aoe's, Null with 1st and 3rd. 2nd was SLT and Dhymn + AM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzyotta View Post
    You are going the wrong way mate.

We started with 6, dropped to 5. The key is getting TWO and only two draw flames in the that phase.

Go to 5 healers, and don't pop the long 5min dps cds in phase 1. We were pushing phase 1 in 4 epicenters (1st and 3rd with Null) happily, but if you get a 5th it doesn't matter, just Null it again.

Once you get 66% go all out dps, pots + lust + stormlash + army etc. Ignore the first draw flame, it will only have 11-12 stacks. Heal through it with cds. Use Null on the second draw flame (the big 22stack one). You then have zero stacks, and need to push to 33% BEFORE the next draw flame.

Last phase we did 3 aoe's, Null with 1st and 3rd. 2nd was SLT and Dhymn + AM
    Two draw flame phases? O_O must be different to 10man because we get 3. (2shot the boss)
    Nvm just noticed you used lust and all your cooldowns on that phase. I'm assuming the fire stacks destroy your raid on 25man..
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Our 10man group pushed 2 aswell, but they also lusted on that phase.

But yeah, on 25 if we try to go for 3 draw flames we always end up with stacks carrying over so we have stacks in the final phase.

We can deal with 22 stacks in phase 2 a few times, but combine any with the aoe in phase 3 and its all over. The only way we could avoid any fire stacks is 2 draw's, and Nulling the second.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzyotta View Post
    Our 10man group pushed 2 aswell, but they also lusted on that phase.

But yeah, on 25 if we try to go for 3 draw flames we always end up with stacks carrying over so we have stacks in the final phase.

We can deal with 22 stacks in phase 2 a few times, but combine any with the aoe in phase 3 and its all over. The only way we could avoid any fire stacks is 2 draw's, and Nulling the second.
    We just nulled the first/third draw flame - saved all cds for phase 3 and blew him to smithereens.
    He was at like.. 19% before he started meleeing me (the tank) for the first time in phase3
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    It's worth a shot i guess. I'm still confused as to how exactly the stack mechanic works, and what contributes to the high spike in stacks on the second Draw...does he just gain more stacks on each consecutive draw regardless? The most maddening part about that phase is we have HAD pulls where we shield the 1st and 3rd and only got 9 or so stacks on the second and ez-moded that phase but we can't seem to replicate it with any consistency.

Raxxed how did your guild deal with that phase? or do you raid 10 man's?

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

10+ Year Old Account
    It's worth a shot i guess. I'm still confused as to how exactly the stack mechanic works, and what contributes to the high spike in stacks on the second Draw...does he just gain more stacks on each consecutive draw regardless? The most maddening part about that phase is we have HAD pulls where we shield the 1st and 3rd and only got 9 or so stacks on the second and ez-moded that phase but we can't seem to replicate it with any consistency.

Raxxed how did your guild deal with that phase? or do you raid 10 man's?
    Well, straight to the point, we 2shot it with a 455 ilvl warlock in the group.

First attempt: 4 Draw flame phases because dps was too low, people getting used to the fight, OT not knowing how to use the ability stealing crystal. Entering Phase3 with stacks = HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH no.

Second attempt: Everyone had a feel for it, everything was executed perfectly.

You should easilllllllllllllllllllllllly be able to deal with one draw flame phase with 21 stacks, that's what we had on our kill.

We basically used demo banner/rallying from me - healing tide from our shaman and dhymn from our priest which I could safely say was extremely overkill.

As long as you only have 3 draw flames - you should have absolutely no problem providing your healers are up to the challenge.. or rather.. the task.

And yeah, 10man :3 sorry.

Shouldn't be too much of a difference, though! Just pop raid cooldowns to survive the stacks!

Providing your raid has fast enough reaction times, You could have everyone stack up on top of eachother (ranged) and then gtfo with the debuff, then restack. Much more throughput from AoE heals if that's what you're struggling with!
    Last edited by Raxxed; 2012-10-03 at 10:52 PM.
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Well, straight to the point, we 2shot it with a 455 ilvl warlock in the group.

First attempt: 4 Draw flame phases because dps was too low, people getting used to the fight, OT not knowing how to use the ability stealing crystal. Entering Phase3 with stacks = HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH no.

Second attempt: Everyone had a feel for it, everything was executed perfectly.

You should easilllllllllllllllllllllllly be able to deal with one draw flame phase with 21 stacks, that's what we had on our kill.

We basically used demo banner/rallying from me - healing tide from our shaman and dhymn from our priest which I could safely say was extremely overkill.

As long as you only have 3 draw flames - you should have absolutely no problem providing your healers are up to the challenge.. or rather.. the task.

And yeah, 10man :3 sorry.

Shouldn't be too much of a difference, though! Just pop raid cooldowns to survive the stacks!
    We might be blowing through that phase too fast as the main issue for us is a 22 stack 2nd Draw is still burning off as phase 3 is in full swing. (opposite problem as your first pull it would seem). We may either have to hold off on heroism in that phase and hope we can 3 Draw it w/out or try what Izzy mentioned and hyper mode burn that phase in 2 Draws.

The whole thing just seem weird that just dpsing the boss optimally puts you on a crash and burn course phase wise. 25 man's are crazy.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

10+ Year Old Account
    We might be blowing through that phase too fast as the main issue for us is a 22 stack 2nd Draw is still burning off as phase 3 is in full swing. (opposite problem as your first pull it would seem). We may either have to hold off on heroism in that phase and hope we can 3 Draw it w/out or try what Izzy mentioned and hyper mode burn that phase in 2 Draws.

The whole thing just seem weird that just dpsing the boss optimally puts you on a crash and burn course phase wise. 25 man's are crazy.
    If we popped cooldowns we'd end up in your situation, try not using any massive cooldowns - just delay the push until you have very very little, or no stacks remaining.

Should work out for you!
    Raxxykins

When world of logs comes back up Rathgar i will let you know the kind of DPS we were pulling so you can see if your group is capable of the 2 draw push.

Like i mentioned before, we had a 10man running with some core members aswell, so we didn't have our top 25 by any means, and it was quite a tight push for us.

So we killed this tonight with another hour of attempts and thought I'd share what worked for us.

The biggest change we made is making sure the OT was interrupting as many epicenters as possible with the spell stealing buff (using the lightning can interrupt epicenter). Though we were getting through phase 1 fine without doing this it really saved on healers mana as we didn't have to pop any raid wide cd's. The 1-2 epicenters that HAD to go off (due to OT having a cooldown) were taken care of with nullification barrier.

We made sure to drop fire all on one side and run to the opposite side during draw flame, on the 2nd draw flame using this method we got about 16 stacks that we healed through, this was much better than the 21+ stacks we were getting before. It was difficult on healers, but again they had so much mana saved from P1 that they were able to come up with a good CD rotation and heal through it.

edit: we had 3 draw flames, nullified the 1st and 3rd.

In P3 we had 4 ranged groups consisting of 3-4 DPS and a healer. I marked 4 areas as close to the boss as possible for the 4 groups to stand in. They stayed there until Resonance happened when the 2 players with it ran out. This stopped insta-deaths since they didn't have more than 3-4 other people next to them. When Velocity started casting ALL groups would run in until there was about 2 seconds left on the cast and then they'd run back into their groups. Rinse and repeat.

Good luck to everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Mootykins View Post
    So we killed this tonight with another hour of attempts and thought I'd share what worked for us.

The biggest change we made is making sure the OT was interrupting as many epicenters as possible with the spell stealing buff (using the lightning can interrupt epicenter). Though we were getting through phase 1 fine without doing this it really saved on healers mana as we didn't have to pop any raid wide cd's. The 1-2 epicenters that HAD to go off (due to OT having a cooldown) were taken care of with nullification barrier.

Good luck to everyone!

Thanks a lot for the strategy, I was wondering if you know when exactly the OT should use shroud of reversal to interrupt the epicenter? Yesterday we had one "lucky" interrupt of epicenter we thought, because the other time the OT used it the boss got the epicenter debuff, but we also got epicenter at the same time... And that extra damage wasn't really that awesome :P

Deleted
    p3 (33%) reminds me of LK p2 with the adds and defile only this time there are 2 defiles at once.

I liked the fight, we wiped I think 3-4 times on him before we got it down. cant wait for heroic with the shadow phase

Quote Originally Posted by Mootykins View Post

We made sure to drop fire all on one side and run to the opposite side during draw flame, on the 2nd draw flame using this method we got about 16 stacks that we healed through, this was much better than the 21+ stacks we were getting before. It was difficult on healers, but again they had so much mana saved from P1 that they were able to come up with a good CD rotation and heal through it.

edit: we had 3 draw flames, nullified the 1st and 3rd.

In P3 we had 4 ranged groups consisting of 3-4 DPS and a healer. I marked 4 areas as close to the boss as possible for the 4 groups to stand in. They stayed there until Resonance happened when the 2 players with it ran out. This stopped insta-deaths since they didn't have more than 3-4 other people next to them. When Velocity started casting ALL groups would run in until there was about 2 seconds left on the cast and then they'd run back into their groups. Rinse and repeat.

Good luck to everyone!
    thx for the tips could someone explain how exactly work "stealing crsytal" yesterday we stop at 11% I think the only problem was the stacking point. But I really would like to understand how work the stealing crystal in P1 and P2

Thanks for any help

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post
    thx for the tips could someone explain how exactly work "stealing crsytal" yesterday we stop at 11% I think the only problem was the stacking point. But I really would like to understand how work the stealing crystal in P1 and P2

Thanks for any help
    You use it on someone who will catch the stun from Lightning Fist, then cast it on boss during Epicenter. If it works, it reduces the damage taken tremendously. Other than that, there's nothing really important to steal - just keep stacking DoTs on boss for extra damage.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    You use it on someone who will catch the stun from Lightning Fist, then cast it on boss during Epicenter. If it works, it reduces the damage taken tremendously. Other than that, there's nothing really important to steal - just keep stacking DoTs on boss for extra damage.
    thanks! Does it work also in P2 ? does it "steal" the fire debuff so we can stack less debuff/buff on boss in P2 ?
    And how do you stack dits (witch dot ) I Think tonight the fight will be a lot easier

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing special in P2 to steal, other than the fire dot he puts on tanks. I mean, I guess you could probably steal the flames, but I'm not sure what this would accomplish - he would still cast Draw Flame and gain his aoe buff. After all, you don't really "steal" anything, just duplicate it. As such duplicating Dots is the best way to make your tank top damage on that boss - Lightning Lash, Flaming Spear and Arcane Shock add up to rather impressive numbers.

There's nothing special in P2 to steal, other than the fire dot he puts on tanks. I mean, I guess you could probably steal the flames, but I'm not sure what this would accomplish - he would still cast Draw Flame and gain his aoe buff. After all, you don't really "steal" anything, just duplicate it. As such duplicating Dots is the best way to make your tank top damage on that boss - Lightning Lash, Flaming Spear and Arcane Shock add up to rather impressive numbers.
    thanks man

Thanks all. We got it last night after a few attempts, along with the next in short order.

Interrupting Epicenter was pretty neat, didn't even think about that. P3 can still catch you off guard and wipe a mass number of people if you're slow on the moving out with the debuff. You can go from 25 people up to 10 or less in a blink of an eye.

edit: The tank with the spellsteal button should be the highest dps. That helps a lot when trying to push through phases quick to save healer mana.

I was watching a stream last night of this in 25 man.. and they were stunning every other Epi-center when the tanks nullifcation barrier was on CD.. How were they stunning him?

They didn't use the stun in the fire phase though.. it was only in the earthquake phase. Just wondering how they were stunning his epi-centers.

Deleted
    A couple of posts above.