Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do LoL accounts get deleted after x time?

So I haven't played LoL in a good 6 months or so, I wanted to pass a bit of time on it, forgetting my password I tried a few different ones and they didn't work. I head over to the website and put in my account name and to my surprise it says it doesn't exist, I'm pretty shocked, my account was level 10+ I think, I had spent a fair bit of money on champions, all help appreciated, thanks.

Deleted
    Mine was 5 months old and it still existed, level 3 account. To my surprise I received a 10 IP boost during that time.

Deleted
    I don't think Riot deletes accounts.

Maybe you used the wrong Summoner name, so try and think better if it was wrong or not. You could always try and create another account and make a ticket or just make a new account and start over since the one you had was only level 10.

Deleted
    I had the same problem, so i did account recovery. I don't think they delete accounts since that would get them in crap, since people spend real money on the game :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I think every now and again they sweep out low level accounts that have been inactive for a long time. Don't quote me on that though. I think it's mainly to free up names.

Though you mention that you had bought RP on it, so I don't think your account would have gotten deleted. You can always fill out a customer report ticket or just call them. From my experience they have been very helpful.

10+ Year Old Account
    They do eventually clear names on inactive accounts though.

I'm not sure but did you check if you are logging in to the proper region?
    (I think you can choose which region you log in to).
    Otherwise make a ticket as stated earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Deleted
    They've done a clear once, where if you haven't logged in in x amount of time, anyone name changing can take your name and you get a free name change as a result.

They don't delete after 6 months, I've seen a guy with the name "Swagvicious" who hasn't played since January of this year, and his account is still active.

Deleted
    I can't say if that's actually happening, but I'm sure Riot reserves the right to permanently delete any and all accounts without any justification, just like any other online game developer.

That aside, are you really sure you're:
    1> Trying to access proper region;
    2> Not making any typos in the login?

Well it's not even logging in, if I go to "Forgot password" and put in my summoner name, it says account doesn't exist :/ I can't try again since the website is offline but yeah, it's rather odd. I've only had 1 offence against my account because their was maintenance going on outside our home one day and I had 2 disconnects halfway through a game in a row and got a 1 day ban from playing, but that wouldn't be the cause for a delete would it?

Deleted
    Remember that summoners name =/= account name.

Quote Originally Posted by Aturbus View Post
    Can you explain what you mean? after so long I guess I've forgotten maybe my account is lost forever since I've forgotten so much, bad memory ftl.

Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    Can you explain what you mean? after so long I guess I've forgotten maybe my account is lost forever since I've forgotten so much, bad memory ftl.
    The account name is not the name you had inside lol when playing. The Account name is only for logging in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aturbus View Post
    The name you use on the log in screen is different from your in game name. Well, it doesn't have to be, but in most cases it ends up being different. So what he's saying is that the two are not necessarily the same.

So how would I go about making sure I'm using the right account name, pretty sure I am though but worth a look

10+ Year Old Account
    So how would I go about making sure I'm using the right account name, pretty sure I am though but worth a look
    Right under the log in boxes are two options for Forgot password and Forgot Username.

As long as you remember what email you used for LoL, you should be able to recover/reset both of those if you need to.

Deleted
    Right now just try and remember if you were using the account's name or the summoner's name, if you can't do that, then I really don't know...

I guess you'll have to try and make another account, but like I said before, make an account and try to make a ticket to see if Riot can help, I think you can also phone them or mail them, but I am not sure about that.

Right okay I was definitely trying to use my account name to login, I checked LolReplay and I remember my summoner name and my account name now so it seems my account has indeed disappeared.. odd.. :/ guess I'll keep trying when servers come up :< thanks for the help guys

10+ Year Old Account
    Right okay I was definitely trying to use my account name to login, I checked LolReplay and I remember my summoner name and my account name now so it seems my account has indeed disappeared.. odd.. :/ guess I'll keep trying when servers come up :< thanks for the help guys
    well, I would give customer support a call or something. Though the EUW servers are down right now, so you might want to try a different time.

It's working again now :> it seems yesterday I was trying to login right before all the maitenance and crashes were happening, thanks for all the advice guys