Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Right off the bat, your tanks dps is incredibly low. Take a look at my logs to see what sort of dps your tanks should be pulling. We use the same tank setup as you, also. (My logs are in my wow-heroes link in my sig)

You need to practice on sparks, you really need to kill at least 8, especially with your groups dps. 10 is ideal. The more sparks, the faster P3 is.

You need to rotate your healing cooldowns/defensive cooldowns better in P3, theres no need to reset stacks and everyone should be stacked under the boss zerging him down whilst ensuring that there are sufficient cooldowns going out and the healers are able to heal the damage. It should be easily healable for ~90 seconds.
    Thanks alot man, those are greatly appreciated and will be used ! I've been looking on ur kill log and i've seen that your dk tank pulled nearly 110k DPS whats the trick behind it? Any pro tip i can give them to get that much dps? Also would u suggest us going 2 heal it ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feii View Post
    Thanks alot man, those are greatly appreciated and will be used ! I've been looking on ur kill log and i've seen that your dk tank pulled nearly 110k DPS whats the trick behind it? Any pro tip i can give them to get that much dps? Also would u suggest us going 2 heal it ?
    2healing I would strongly suggest.

As for tank dps, they need to take a strong look at what they're doing because it's bafflingly low dps that they're pulling
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Is the girl in your raid group cute?

Deleted
    Hi.

I've been abroad for the first 2 weeks of raiding and will start on stoneguards 10man heroic.
    Tried to find some more information then just the dungeon journal but can only find guides/information related to 10man normal.

I'm playing prot warrior.

Do you have any good tips, do's and don'ts or even a more in-depth guide of the encounter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Hi.

I've been abroad for the first 2 weeks of raiding and will start on stoneguards 10man heroic.
    Tried to find some more information then just the dungeon journal but can only find guides/information related to 10man normal.

I'm playing prot warrior.

Do you have any good tips, do's and don'ts or even a more in-depth guide of the encounter?
    You are capable of running tiles, providing you time the debuffs properly - ie when you are tanking 1 dog.

Shield Barrier > Shield Block

Don't blow your cooldowns prematurely, the damage you will take throughout the encounter will be unbelievable.

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 12:00 PM ----------

Note to anyone struggling with Elegon/Will of the Emperor and wants to see what sort of DPS/Healing my group does - I've made a composition for you.

http://imgur.com/rjd1E

Shows group composition, DPS on Elegon + will and healing on Elegon + Will.

Elegon was 8 minutes 20

Will was 9 minutes 9 seconds - For the entire fight including the starting bit where you only fight adds.
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild leader mistakenly researched HoF instead of MSV for the first raid and he claims that most/all of HoF is easier than Normal Gara'jal. Is this true? I assume you played the beta. We had some strategy and DPS issues but I won't get into those here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Yeah, I believe the part where we made sure everyone was doing above 60k-70k part got wiped when my client DCed. We were getting to 4th phase with 1min-40s left @ 10-11 stacks. No one is below the tank anytime I saw.. we just couldn't keep up with healing while not being stacked on the last phase :/

What would you suggest for a warrior tank on elegon to do to maintain the dps that you do? I'd like to pass that along.
    Last edited by Acry; 2012-10-15 at 02:02 PM.

Anyone have any melee-heavy friendly strats for Elegon? We are melee heavy due to poor planning and friends 'weaseling' their way into the group. We have 3 melee if we 3 heal, 4 melee if we 2 heal. DPS is meh, we were forced to 2 heal to beat enrage on Gara'jal, but that is mostly because we have a few lazy people who still haven't finished running heroics for gear. We have a few great ex-hardcore raiders (myself included), but the bottom end of our raid is just.... bleh.

We did a few pulls 3 healing just to get a feel for the fight, but the damage just seemed way to high to even consider 2 healing. I absolutely hate the fact we only have 2 ranged...
    Last edited by Notdev; 2012-10-15 at 01:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    Anyone have any melee-heavy friendly strats for Elegon? We are melee heavy due to poor planning and friends 'weaseling' their way into the group. We have 3 melee if we 3 heal, 4 melee if we 2 heal. DPS is meh, we were forced to 2 heal to beat enrage on Gara'jal, but that is mostly because we have a few lazy people who still haven't finished running heroics for gear. We have a few great ex-hardcore raiders (myself included), but the bottom end of our raid is just.... bleh.

We did a few pulls 3 healing just to get a feel for the fight, but the damage just seemed way to high to even consider 2 healing. I absolutely hate the fact we only have 2 ranged...
    There is no melee friendly strat as far as i can think off, you're required to reset your stacks meaning you'll have to run out away from the boss (usually with a protector). During the sparks phase you'll also take more damage as usually all melees are in the "bubble" having stacks when atleast some of the sparks die (stressing the healers some more).

It's doable with 4 melees i'm sure but it does require some pretty good melee DPS imo. I wouldn't take more then two normally (but i think our DPS is lacking a bit atm)

As for three or two healing, i'm not sure if people manage to three heal this without many problems but if they do i gues they have some pretty sweet DPS. (And i'm pretty sure they wouldn't do it with 4 melees... Atleast not at this point in in time when most people are sitting around 475-480 ilvl)

Deleted
    Help with elegon please, we don't pass first phase 3 due to adds causing so much damage.
    this is log reports/d07yjrvf7enpm5pv/

Quote Originally Posted by Spergo View Post
    Help with elegon please, we don't pass first phase 3 due to adds causing so much damage.
    Have your DK use army of the undead during add phase, and make sure everyone comes inside the circle when aoeing. Army makes them super easy to kill.

I haven't had the time to raid at all (mostly due to the fact that we raid once a week for 3,5 hours and our leveling speed is just as ... frequent) but let me thank you already in advance for your effort in this great post.

Lots and lots of valuable information and data to be found here - especially for low end raider like us!

Thx
    Fiercon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    My guild leader mistakenly researched HoF instead of MSV for the first raid and he claims that most/all of HoF is easier than Normal Gara'jal. Is this true? I assume you played the beta. We had some strategy and DPS issues but I won't get into those here.
    I may or may not have burst into laughter..

For the most part, his statement is very untrue.

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 06:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeh View Post
    Yeah, I believe the part where we made sure everyone was doing above 60k-70k part got wiped when my client DCed. We were getting to 4th phase with 1min-40s left @ 10-11 stacks. No one is below the tank anytime I saw.. we just couldn't keep up with healing while not being stacked on the last phase :/

What would you suggest for a warrior tank on elegon to do to maintain the dps that you do? I'd like to pass that along.
    I really don't know what to say, simply following the proper priority should lead to the sort of numbers I pull.
    (We 9manned it the attempt before, wiped on 2% and i did 111k dps).
    Maybe tell him to reforge to hit/expertise cap if he hasnt, because that's what I do.

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 06:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post

If you had to 2heal Garajal you need to 2heal Elegon.

All I could suggest would be ranged tunnel the boss and melee kill the protectors and reset their stacks.

Having that many melee is not good

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 06:52 PM ----------

Kite them, don't tank them
    AoE stuns
    Snares
    etc.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Do you *HAVE* to 2-heal WotE? Or could we go with 3 healers? I am asking since our resto shaman does not apparently have a dedicated DPS gear-set nor is used to DPSing (http://worldoflogs.com/reports/xv6i9...=10768&e=11300 - our Elegon kill)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morghie View Post
    Do you *HAVE* to 2-heal WotE? Or could we go with 3 healers? I am asking since our resto shaman does not apparently have a dedicated DPS gear-set nor is used to DPSing (http://worldoflogs.com/reports/xv6i9...=10768&e=11300 - our Elegon kill)
    You can 3heal it quite comfortably.
    Raxxykins

How would you rank the first three on 10 Heroic in terms of relative difficulty?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by continuousbeing View Post
    How would you rank the first three on 10 Heroic in terms of relative difficulty?
    Feng > Stone Guards (Extremely variable on dog combination) > Garajal

Hmm don't think I did that right..

Feng easiest, Garajal hardest.
    Raxxykins

Raxxed: Do you think that a (restoration) druid is a must-have for the later heroic bosses since HotW features high DPS during a short period of time? I've read about this in various Gara'jal and Elegon threads and can't believe that we have to use these specs to beat enrage. Thought that as a restoration shaman I would be competitive this tier but it looks like we are beaten out by monks and druids

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 09:08 AM ----------

Regarding Stone Guards, I think the rotation looks like this (in 10men):

Amethyst, Cobalt, Jade (1st EU week)
    Amethyst, Cobalt, Jasper
    Amethyst, Jade, Jasper (1st US week)
    Cobalt, Jade, Jasper

So for this week, we will have Amethyst, Cobalt, Jade for US and Amethyst, Jade, Jasper for EU.

15+ Year Old Account
    How many adds you get aprox in that phase? If many , I believe you aren't dealing with "condults" properly.
    For first 15-20ish seconds in that phase adds will not spawn , and if dealt properly with condults (read destroying them all within few seconds time difference) you shouldn't have that many adds spawn before P1 starts again.
    We do meet @ the console with adds from both sides , pull them close to the boss and AOE them down before Protector spawns, with obviously all AOE snares/stuns etc to reduce the dmg on tanks.
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

How does a Brewmaster monk, Protection Warrior, Mistweaver monk, Restoration Shaman, Discipline Priest, Rogue (swaps between combat and assassination), shadow priest, affliction warlock, and two fire mages look?

We had a DK but he went 25 man so our other DPS option was a mage.

Is your DPS on the higher end, or will a bit lower as we acquire gear work? For heroic progression, should we just go boss to boss, or is jumping around optimal?