Deleted

Raid Setup for The Stone Guard

Helloes,

Just thought i'd ask which raidsetup you all used to "oneshot" the boss and move on for 4/6 the first night.

We just did a raid last night, and spent 2 hours on the one same boss, mixing, matching, rotating speccs and dedicated healing, before the boss finally went down.

Granted our setup was far from "nice", i still feel the "bring the player, not the class" idea was a tad more edgy than it has been, unless we were just struck by complete lack of raidexperience at that boss.

Our setup:
    Tanks: Paladin+Warrior (OT)
    Healers: Shaman+Paladin+Priest (Offspecc from shadow with lack of gear)
    DPS: Mage+Warrior+Priest+Shaman (Ele)+Shaman (Ele).

Granted we had 2 with lower than average DPS, it wasnt the problem at the time i believe.

Before anyone tags this as "whine from scrubs and shit", we're a fair few with raidexperience all the way from vanilla, but i just found this fight curious , even with our less than varied class distribution.

Any 2 tanks, any 3 healers, any 5 DPS with at least 3 of them being ranged.

Your setup is perfectly fine. You just need to utilize raid CDs for the non-debuffed overloads and not stand in shit.

Its all about execution, there is not even a dps check in form of enrage. If your raid leader can manage energy of bosses properly, and tanks are fast at taunting then you would never get a non debuffed overload.

Deleted
    i doubt that. rng can fuck you. if one of the dogs NEVER debuffs you he WILL reach 100 energy sooner or later...i think

if i am wrong would you please explain your taunt tactics? we taunted the first dog at 30 energy so we had 60, 30 and 0 energy after the first explosion and after that we just taunted the lower energy dog to teh debufing one. this caused us to have some undebuffedxdc explosions

Deleted
    Well i am the raidleader, and "main"tank, that is why i'm curious :P
    We use the offtank to keep an eye on energy, calling out which add he's taunting, to manage 50 energy-levels, and i taunt back whatever he's got.
    We only got hit by random overload (no debuff) when we as tanks fucked up the taunts, so that part is fine.

What we eventually used was 1 shaman healer for both tanks, and 1 paladin doing most raidhealing, while the priest offspeccing for heals did less than me as a palatank, alot less.

So technically we can do it with 2 healers, and burn them faster i suppose.

the attackspeedbuff missing sucked a bit tho :|

-edit-

Since we potentially have the improvement of 3 dps'ers up maby 50% of their own dps, considering the offspecced priest, burning should be faster
    Last edited by mmoc4c4111b59d; 2012-10-05 at 08:32 AM.

We took several no debuff overloads. Just use some raid CD and you can easily survive it.

Deleted
    If you've got hunters available they can be very useful for the Stone Guard as they can soak 3+ ice traps with deterrence, we run with two hunters in our 10man and myself a DK (AMS soak), we had loads of space to play with.

As for the taunting, if one of the bosses is rarely picked this is a bonus, if it keeps alternating between two just keep the third one away and switch between the two together, it will never pick the same boss twice in a row so the two together will keep overloading at the correct time and reset stacks. There's no reason to cause an overload on the wrong boss, your tanks just need to make sure they're taunting correctly.

Deleted
    Kanath: Yeah it's survivable with CD rotation.
    I just get a feeling that the druids HOT's/raidheal would vastly benefit the raid compared to single target healing, considering pairing a shaman in there can do pretty much all tankhealing.

Bunnys: No hunters, rogues or DK's Hopefully we'll find someone to recruit asap, and see how it goes. Excited to see the difference with soaking blues the next reset.
    Last edited by mmoc4c4111b59d; 2012-10-05 at 08:45 AM.