10+ Year Old Account

2H Frost: Few random questions

1) According to EJ stat weights, STR = 1, and Haste = 0.597.

So would it stand to reason that in red gem sockets, it is better to gem STR/Haste, due to the 160 haste being worth more then the 80 STR that it lacks? (80 * 1 = 80) VS (0.597 * 160 = 95.52)

I ask because EJ suggests lower in the thread that red sockets should be filled with 160 STR, but the stat weights don't match that reasoning, or am I missing something?

2) I have the trinket "Lessons of the Darkmaster" out of Scholomance. I also have Engineering. I made a macro for my CD's which looks like this.

#showtooltip
    /use 10
    /use Lessons of the Darkmaster
    /cast Pillar of Frost
    /cast Raise Dead

However, it appears the trinket and my gloves tinker (Synapse springs) share a cooldown and will not work together. I pop the macro and the trinket waits the 10 seconds to work, and if I pop the trinket first it takes 20 seconds before I can pop my synapse springs. Pillar and raise dead work with either.

3) So I guess a second part to this question is what do you think is the best route to manage these cooldowns for optimal DPS without messing up rotation and trying to keep my CD's on CD thru-out the fight?

4) Wow-heroes.com isn't really a go-to place for maximizing your character but I noticed that it gives me a lower "gearscore" because I use Rune of the Fallen Crusader on my weapon instead of Dancing steel and/or Windsong.

I think I had a few more things to touch on, the only other thing I can remember is I was wondering about advice on managing CD's and dpsing the 2nd boss in vaults? I pulled 72k on the first boss, but I only pulled about 52k on the 2nd boss.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

1) Sim your own stat weights, gem accordingly. Plenty of discussion going on which is better, so I'd stick to that.

2) Since Lessons of the Darkmaster gives more strenght than the engineering tinker, remove the tinker from the macro and just use its 20s later off cd.

3) See 2, army pre-pull, then prepot, use trinket, hit PoF, raise dead, 20s later activate engi gloves, keep hitting trinket+PoF+raise dead and tinker as soon as they come off cd or if a boss takes damage increase for a period or burst is required.

4) wow-heroes is mostly fine, but try askmrrobot.com

5) Probably has to do with the cleaving. I missed our stone guards kill, but did 53.5k dps on our Feng 25 kill so you're not too far behind. From our logs for the stone guards kill people are varying between 70 and 50k, so looks like you've done really well on that.