Thread: Warlock dmg

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    And to get those kind of numbers means stacking cooldowns, which only happens every few minutes. Where's your complaining that frost mages kill you insanely fast when their cooldowns are popped?
    Please don't.. we have enough of them, we know that's true as well. As long as GC plays a Mage I wouldn't hold your breath for any changes.

With all of their CDs popped, I've had both warriors and paladins kill me in an amount of time that is less than the cast of a chaos bolt. I agree chaos bolt damage can be crazy, but most people seem to focus on the single hit, which takes as much time as many other classes' burst.

I'm just laughing, the "release spirit" in red was the sign that said "Hey dumbass, bet you learn to interrupt that one" LOL

*edit* No offense OP...not calling you a dumbass, just a figure of speech lol

1. Anyone who thinks getting off a three second cast is hard is bad.
    Try playing a Pally Healer, regardless of all the fake b.s. you have read on these forums, Pally healers have to hard cast Divine Light and Holy Light many times a match and that's a 2.25 second cast, down to 2.10 max geared for haste.

2. Anyone who thinks a single spell doing 80% of a players health in damage is not absurdly OP is also bad. Regardless of how long it takes to build up the power to cast it. Last time I checked, arena matches are usually longer than 30 seconds.

This thread has two types of people in it:
    1: Sane people who know 80% of health in 1 shot is absurd.
    2: People who want to play lock as their main and desperately want to faceroll.

Chaos Bolt will get nerfed into the ground and it will stay their all expansion. Go ask Warriors what happened to them in Cata. As it is now, Chaos Bolt with a full ember is a guaranteed kill, and that is more broken than anything has even been in the history of WoW pvp. Enjoy it while it lasts girls, because it wont.

Deleted
    I'm just laughing, the "release spirit" in red was the sign that said "Hey dumbass, bet you learn to interrupt that one" LOL
    Yea, because as a FC I can totally watch what spells all the players on me are casting right. And my counterspell has only got a global CD.

The people trying to justify this are hilarious.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Svarbald View Post
    1. Anyone who thinks getting off a three second cast is hard is bad.
    Try playing a Pally Healer, regardless of all the fake b.s. you have read on these forums, Pally healers have to hard cast Divine Light and Holy Light many times a match and that's a 2.25 second cast, down to 2.10 max geared for haste.

2. Anyone who thinks a single spell doing 80% of a players health in damage is not absurdly OP is also bad. Regardless of how long it takes to build up the power to cast it. Last time I checked, arena matches are usually longer than 30 seconds.

This thread has two types of people in it:
    1: Sane people who know 80% of health in 1 shot is absurd.
    2: People who want to play lock as their main and desperately want to faceroll.

Chaos Bolt will get nerfed into the ground and it will stay their all expansion. Go ask Warriors what happened to them in Cata. As it is now, Chaos Bolt with a full ember is a guaranteed kill, and that is more broken than anything has even been in the history of WoW pvp. Enjoy it while it lasts girls, because it wont.
    I do have to agree the amount of damage is rediculous, just as I agreed with the nerf to prot warriors was well called for (even though I play one). And in reguards to people wanting to play a lock and be OP I have played one for years too, and one badassed chaos bolt will never get me to switch from affliction.

Deleted
    The people trying to justify this are hilarious.
    I agree. The best is the "Ehm ok, but you're a mage, and...." there's no way I can do 350k crits as fire.

All locks have is damage. They don't have blink, iceblock, ice barrier, cc coming out of their asses and what not
    They have insane self healing, absorbs etc atm. Not to mention fear as a CC, you say they do not have.

If you really want to sort it out, give pallies reckoning bombs back for a week, and see how many locks agree that it's fair just because it has a long build up.

Guaranteed he has zerking, brewfest trink pop, use trink up, demon soul up, fully geared out the teeth. You then stated you were the FC so im guessing you had some stacks of the debuff.

Dueling my friends lock to test chaos bolt earlier, my war sitting with 53% resil takes a 75k chaos bolt from fully geared destro lock with demon soul up (no proc trink). Not at all op, its a freakin bg with buffs and debuffs that dont exist in arenas. Destro lock damage is fine, probably too low if anything.

Deleted
    You then stated you were the FC so im guessing you had some stacks of the debuff.
    Had no debuff, no. So that isn't a factor here

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by koekai View Post
    .... people have to stop crying chaos bolt hurts too much..... 3SECONDS cast (like 1.5-2 with backdraft)..... l2interupt
    interupt is win. /sigh
    Gotta love these warlock comments.
    Hurrr if you cant interupt a 1,5 - 3s cast then you deserve to be one shotted hurrr, blizz should nerf bm itz op

just remove the crit scaling on it. It should hit hard but the damage should be predictable and constant instead of popping dark soul and getting oneshots.

I ate a few 140k+ today while bging and i don't find it a huge problem cause many classes can do 140k in 2 seconds but I've never been hit by something that big.

I think the OP is fabricating this a little bit and i feel he probably had some flag stacks and the lock has zerker with everything popped.

Deleted
    OP basically have no resilience and qq about a crit? lol.

First you get full pvp gear; then after you can comment on damage taken in pvp.

15+ Year Old Account
    So let me get this right, a MAGE is qqing about some other class's burst??.....
    He had zerker, all cds popped an managed to get a 2.83 second cast off.

Warlocks honestly need some work i mean yeah chaos bolt hits hard but you realise how long it takes to set that up!?.
    Aff damage atm is just sad an demo is lol demo.

So befor coming here qqing about a cllass having zerker, full cds an buffs gettin a 3 second cast off that probly took a good 20+ seconds to even get the stars aligned for it, mybe read into what actually takes for a destruction warlock to pull that burst off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    the fact that you didnt interrupt 3 insanely long cast times makes me think you deserved it.
    That is your answer? If a person isnt interrupted it is OK to dish out half a million damage in 3 gcds? Drugs are bad mate

Quote Originally Posted by koekai View Post
    .... people have to stop crying chaos bolt hurts too much..... 3SECONDS cast (like 1.5-2 with backdraft)..... l2interupt
    interupt is win. /sigh
    I know right?

So long as you wear a dress and prance around like a fucking woman you should be able to 1-shot people.

Only when melee does it is there a problem.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 02:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Valac View Post
    So let me get this right, a MAGE is qqing about some other class's burst??.....
    He had zerker, all cds popped an managed to get a 2.83 second cast off.

Warlocks honestly need some work i mean yeah chaos bolt hits hard but you realise how long it takes to set that up!?.
    Aff damage atm is just sad an demo is lol demo.

So befor coming here qqing about a cllass having zerker, full cds an buffs gettin a 3 second cast off that probly took a good 20+ seconds to even get the stars aligned for it, mybe read into what actually takes for a destruction warlock to pull that burst off.
    Before they fixed fury's mastery, a fury warrior stacking full mastery, Colossus Smash, recklessness, death wish AND berserking could hit super hard with raging blow, and the dress-wearers were throwing a fit. And the warrior could only do that once every 5 minutes. AND fury was complete crap in any organized PVP. It was a travesty that warriors could do it then and it needed immediate attention.............but now that locks can do it every now and then its perfectly fine. Got it.

Deleted
    PvE trinkets + Beserking + No Resilience + Flag Carrier debuff + Dark Soul = 3 pages of this?

Chaos Bolt will get nerfed, not because it's particularly OP (it is very hard to cast in competitive PvP and doesn't hit half as hard as this cheesed screenshot makes out) but because people are whining about it.

Quote Originally Posted by kardacz View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=116858/chaos-bolt
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=113858/...ul-instability

Chaos Bolt always crits, Dark Soul basically increases it's damage. Add some trinkets/procs and 200-300k is possible.

My thoughts - Bm Hunter's, Mage's and Warlock's damage is a bit over the top at the moment. Same as Warriors.
    Either Blizzard screwed the scaling yet again or it's balanced with full PvP gear in mind.
    Where do people get this "balanced with full pvp gear" concept from? It's garbage. Offensive states scale at least as well as defensive stats on pvp gear. Damage only gets higher season on season.

Several classes are irreparably broken and will remain so for the expansion because fixing the problem will disturb raid dps. Not amount of pvp hotfixes will fix things.

In TBC nothing hit for much harder than 30% of your health, and healers couldn't top people off with one heal, so gameplay was far more dynamic. People are now trying to justify 50% health spells like chaos bolt, because you have to hard cast?? God forbid a caster has to stand still and cast something once in a while. It must be oh so difficult to cast anything with a myriad of instant CC and 8 second cooldown on dispel.

This thread is depressing and disappointing, the wow playerbase deserves to play a garbage game.
    Last edited by lolpve; 2012-10-06 at 01:22 PM.

Please change the name of the thread to "Destro dmg".
    "PvE is like playing chess against an opponent that makes the same moves everytime"

"PvP is like playing chess"