Page 33 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Is lootship soloable somehow? Haven't set foot in ICC in a while...

10-man Gunship is easy, just make sure to kill the adds that come over to your ship and take out the mortars/gunners when you're over to the other side to kill the wizard. If no adds are up, sit in the cannon.

Did most of 25-man ICC last week and concluded with Lich King HC (no mount though) as retri, only had to do Gunship and the Blood-Queen on 10-man. I see Blood-Queen as being doable with a bit more gear though, got her to about 30% before getting MC'd.

Has anyone done Gunship on 25?

Deleted
    I know I managed to do ICC10H or 25N guship, but cant remember which... or maybe I did both, i cant remember. It required a bit more execution than 10N and I wiped once or twice I think cuz sloppy play. I think I did both to be honest but not 100% sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    I know I managed to do ICC10H or 25N guship, but cant remember which... or maybe I did both, i cant remember. It required a bit more execution than 10N and I wiped once or twice I think cuz sloppy play. I think I did both to be honest but not 100% sure.
    25N is harder than 10H, even if only because you can only utilize one cannon and you're supposed to use four. 10H isn't much worse than 10N as the only difficult thing there is the mob health and you're still basically oneshotting them.

Has anyone tried 10n Blackwing Descent or Bastion of Twilight as Ret? Im going after the Magma armor look a like pieces for transmog. I'm at ilvl 537 and Magmaw just destroys me. I've seen videos for DK and Elemental Shaman soloing, but I haven't seen or read anything on Ret Pally, just wondering if anyone has done it.

Not sure, but the early bosses in 10N BWD should still be trivial for a Prot spec.

Note to self: don't use rocket pack to jump while in AW with glyph of the falling avenger.

I have just started Soloing 'properly' on my Paladin, and I was wondering if there was a definitive list of what can/has been solo'ed since 5.4 Vengeance changes?

By Properly, I mean thinking about it changing glyphs, having flasks, etc. - my main reason for doing this is the challenge, and I want to improve my tanking in general as I am not in a guild that raids, and I want to see how far I can get.

I have done all Vanilla, BC content and 10N Lich King, and most of Ulduar too. Need to try Thorim solo now I have Nitro boots, etc. ToC Normal.

I missed out on Cataclysm, as I quit for a while, so I am not familiar with the raids at all.

Last night I managed Omnotron (as Prot) and Magmaw (as Ret with Eternal Flame, after wiping as Prot on Enrage twice). Didn't have much time to look at the other bosses but Chimaeron seemed really hard to regain health quick enough with all defensive things on cooldown...but I am not the greatest in terms of keyboard skills.
    Malkoriak - seemed to be going ok, but the Scorching Blasts eventually got me. (Is this doable).
    Atramedes - I only had one attempt and wiped, but don't know the mechanics yet...but it seems that this is doable.

Are there better Cata raids to look at BoT - Halfus was going ok but hit enrage twice.

Haven't tried Firelands or Dragon Soul (Are these going to be more fruitful?)

It would be great if someone could give me five minutes to point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Enngee View Post
    I have just started Soloing 'properly' on my Paladin, and I was wondering if there was a definitive list of what can/has been solo'ed since 5.4 Vengeance changes?

By Properly, I mean thinking about it changing glyphs, having flasks, etc. - my main reason for doing this is the challenge, and I want to improve my tanking in general as I am not in a guild that raids, and I want to see how far I can get.

I have done all Vanilla, BC content and 10N Lich King, and most of Ulduar too. Need to try Thorim solo now I have Nitro boots, etc. ToC Normal.

I missed out on Cataclysm, as I quit for a while, so I am not familiar with the raids at all.

Last night I managed Omnotron (as Prot) and Magmaw (as Ret with Eternal Flame, after wiping as Prot on Enrage twice). Didn't have much time to look at the other bosses but Chimaeron seemed really hard to regain health quick enough with all defensive things on cooldown...but I am not the greatest in terms of keyboard skills.
    Malkoriak - seemed to be going ok, but the Scorching Blasts eventually got me. (Is this doable).
    Atramedes - I only had one attempt and wiped, but don't know the mechanics yet...but it seems that this is doable.

Are there better Cata raids to look at BoT - Halfus was going ok but hit enrage twice.

Haven't tried Firelands or Dragon Soul (Are these going to be more fruitful?)

It would be great if someone could give me five minutes to point me in the right direction. Thanks.
    Hey i haven't bothered soloing much since SoO but i did do Halfus 10HC the other week, pretty much the same idea, you want to kill off as many drakes as possible for dmg boost, i also did V+T HC and Council HC - never went to cho though... probably should check it.

BWD, done Atra HC, only 1 i havent / cant be bothered trying much on is Chimaeron. Nefarion should be doable too, the skeletons didn't hit that much when i last tried (was ages ago though)

i.m.o i find Firelands to be the best soloing experience
    - Start with Beth, a nice dps check - its not much nowadays but still fun for first time solo'rs, you literally jjust dps and use a CD on smoldering devestation (DP unglyphed), try have Cds up for 10% / 3rd smoldering as after 3rd/10% she will go down.

- Shannox, Shannox normal and hc are both a joke for myself now, normal you want to try cleave down both dogs with boss before he gets 30/35%, however depending on how risky you want to be you can single shannox and at 30-35% the dogs `enrage` and they give insane vengeance (not sure about now)
    - Shannox Heroic is pretty much single / cleave riplimb down when his stacks are a bit too much. Both of them don't really require us to drop our arcing slash stacks either, as long as you keep Eternal Flame up anyway. (and good shield of the righteous uptime)

- Rhyolith
    Very fun boss - decent for new solo'rs will require you to play tactical with when you should stop dpsing, / switch targets and stuff, i just go for every active volcano > Inactive > smalls > big add.

Alysrazor is also a fun fight but trivial as 90 now. do as ret or prot, get 25 stacks, and nuke away, if ur prot you'll get a P2 = nuke alys with hatchlings on you.

Beleroc - Decent dps check i think its around 70-80k stable, depending on gear its easy to reach, mainly a max your dps test with the small moments of requiring Fast reactions / Thought before the hits happen (decimation blade, need to use a cd like Lay of hands before 2nd strike, but AFTER the debuff falls off else it'll be a small heal)

Majordomo- Haven't tried recently but it was pretty boring, i just went single target spec and spammed Aveng shield / Shield of righteous + ETernal flame uptime 100% + stand in fire (skip this for 5.4xD)

Raggy... It's pretty trivial (survival) only `hard` moments are probably P3 due to how many meteors u get.

DS - 8/8N is doable easily, and All heroic are doable except Ultraxion - spine is doable but its not skill, its a pure RNG test.

I.m.o go firelands do that a bit and then go to DS or something, good fun. Once you start soloing you'll think of cool tricks to use in future in raids / soloing - e.g. Pulling 1 side of cho's trash + cho , the trash pack spawns INFINITE small adds from portal, u go pure single target spec and spam Avenger Shield (did it pre 5.4 with mass veng but this should still work for AS procs)

Edit: overall for soloing i go pure haste - if your 50% haste unbuffed, use a str flask, if not use haste + armor exilir, Talents.. Always Eternal flame basically, and it changes, some fights need good / some moments of aoe = lights hammer, some require single target dps or massive burst = Execution Sentence. Alos glyphs change too, some require melee reduction = DP glyph, some single target = focussed wrath / Final wrath / Avenger shield glyph

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    BWD, done Atra HC, only 1 i havent / cant be bothered trying much on is Chimaeron. Nefarion should be doable too, the skeletons didn't hit that much when i last tried (was ages ago though)
    I did Chimaeron (normal) back in T14 with 490~ ilvl. The fight itself was extremely simple until the last 20% were it became a dice game. What got me the kill was simply being lucky with dodges and parries the entire p2. With the gear you have today, your dps is higher so P2 is shorter and your dodge/parry is higher so it is less RNG. I do not think I can stress enough how my kill was simply a matter of luck as I was not able to reproduce it the next week.

I havent tried it since then, and I only killed it once solo, I tried, but could not be bothered again since I do not like when bosses are RNG rather than skill. But I guess it should be fairly easy now with the gear you have.

Yeah thought the same, but the bosses im interested in now arent in bwd :/ but i have a feeling 2 peice prot would heal through the break debuff, i've heard of some classes ignoring the debuff completly. Also whats everyones opinion on Malkoroks trinket for dps? (refering to Avenging wrath CD reduction) i tend to use malkorok hc + Thoks trinkets.

What Cata bosses are doable as retri (currently 557 with 4set)?

Quote Originally Posted by NightKnight87 View Post
    I know Alyzrasor is, and then it depends on your gear aswell.
    Edit: I don't know what I did when I missed the gear part.
    Last edited by Fungj; 2013-11-12 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NightKnight87 View Post
    Alysrazor, Rhyolith 10 are doable. Beth'tilac also probably (I wiped at a low % but without 4 set and with much lower gear), Shannox also probably. Most 10 man bosses that aren't known for hitting the tank really hard would be doable as Ret before Dragon Soul, and possibly even a good amount of DS.

I'd imagine Prot really comes into play for 25 man and for the "hard hitting" bosses, stuff like Baleroc of course, and some other higher ones. Anything where I'd see decent vengeance, really.

Also, WTB tri-spec already...

Something that i haven't seen discussed that much, but are enrages that hard to survive through ?
    I know i can stay alive for decent amount of time on boss enrages in SoO lfr (mb 30s+) but those enrages are 500% dmg and 100% attack speed, are Cata enrages the 900% dmg + >100% speed ?

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Something that i haven't seen discussed that much, but are enrages that hard to survive through ?
    I know i can stay alive for decent amount of time on boss enrages in SoO lfr (mb 30s+) but those enrages are 500% dmg and 100% attack speed, are Cata enrages the 900% dmg + >100% speed ?
    You should be able to stay alive for a while, also in LFR you got a couple of healers with you (hopefully).

Thanks TwentyTwelve for your reply and thing the time to put in some detail.

I'm having a lot of fun with Firelands…not managed bosses yet but as I have never done this raid before learning the trash, etc took some time to start with too.

Have mainly spent time wiping on Beth…Managed to get her to drop to the floor but I die to the spitting spiders when defensive cool downs have finished but I think that this is probably an execution problem rather tactics now. Also My iLevel is may be a bit short too as I am limited to LFR drops as my guild doesn't raid.
    That said I improve with each pull - I think and I'm having more fun than LFR at the moment too. Tried Ryolith twice…Must remember not to walk him into the Lava!

Tried Halfus Again but the Slate Drake was up and the stacking debuff nailed me something good and proper.

Will try some DS as well…but probably not until I get that Spider down first…

Quote Originally Posted by Enngee View Post
    Thanks TwentyTwelve for your reply and thing the time to put in some detail.

I'm having a lot of fun with Firelands…not managed bosses yet but as I have never done this raid before learning the trash, etc took some time to start with too.

Have mainly spent time wiping on Beth…Managed to get her to drop to the floor but I die to the spitting spiders when defensive cool downs have finished but I think that this is probably an execution problem rather tactics now. Also My iLevel is may be a bit short too as I am limited to LFR drops as my guild doesn't raid.
    That said I improve with each pull - I think and I'm having more fun than LFR at the moment too. Tried Ryolith twice…Must remember not to walk him into the Lava!

Tried Halfus Again but the Slate Drake was up and the stacking debuff nailed me something good and proper.

Will try some DS as well…but probably not until I get that Spider down first…
    Haha something to remember is to think outside the box. E.G, At the start rhyolith has 80 stacks = 80% less dmg, hard to turn at the start, when he drinks lava he goes in the opposite direction after, perhaps letting him drink is easier than trying to turn him 180? :P

Also Halfus, Slate debuff is kinda easy once u get some decent pratice on it xD. Remember you can BoP + bubble the debuff off, use CD's in between to survive the forbearance.

About beth, try surviving till she does "Widows kiss" back when i did my first beth solo at really low ilvl, it took me forever to kill her and it seemed like when widows kiss was applied to me - i took sooooo much less damage, spread ur cds, DP -> Guardian -> Dp -> bubble -> Aura -> Dp -> AD ? something that works for you.

And yeah dw, i did firelands in cata with a guild... and the trash was a challenge for me too (even though i knew the raid) at the start xD mainly the corehounds + pack of 5 w/ 2 healers.

What itemlevel do you need for Heroic LK now?

I did it at 551 with a couple of minutes to spare, 530-540ish probably?