Page 62 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    First time i killed LK as WW was in 531, was hard took a while, now im in 570 i get him down in 7 1/2 min, remember to put clones on him during transition.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    On Topic: Has anyone got any advice for 10m normal Maloriak a a ~540 Brewmaster? I can't manage to out DPS the healing buff and I don't think potting and drums with Xuen is going to do it fast enough to take him out. Is it just a gear issue (unfortunate, but I'd accept that) or am I missing a strategy?
    I struggled with him a while ago ~535 BrM and haven't been back, tried with both the Tank and DPS Meta/Legendary. I employed the exact same strategy on every wipe and concluded there's no possible way to avoid enrage, and how long you live during enrage is highly reliant on RNG... infact, the only way to kill him as BrM is to burst during enrage with insane vengeance. It's possible all the kill vids I saw were pre-nerf hence why I struggled so much.

I've heard a few success stories from WW's just brute forcing him, and have been meaning to go back but haven't as yet.
    Last edited by Dakara; 2014-01-08 at 05:49 AM.

Beat Maloriak due to sudden insane vengeance and Xuen being out. Must have enraged and I survived.

Blood Queen 10m Heroic was balls-hard due to my lfr weapons. Got her then easily beat the Lich King once I understood the trap and bomb mechanics.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    just attempted Rag as WW for the 1st time for the hell of it, 1 shotted him, was much easier then i expected, meteors didnt even comeout, i guess 300k dps helps, (also cleared most FL in HM10 as WW)
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨

Deleted
    Hey guys!

I got my monk to 90 not so long ago and I always enjoyed soloing stuff on my DK.

But what is the way to go? Lets say if I would try soloing Zandalari Warbringers? I go tank spec with my dps gear, or is it the other way around?
    Last edited by mmoc8ad94095c0; 2014-01-12 at 04:39 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Annelot View Post
    But what is the way to go? Lets say if I would try soloing Zandalari Warbringers? I go tank spec with my dps gear, or is it the other way around?
    All you really need to do is find a good spot for haste while soloing (I like 7k and Ascension because our healing costs energy), get your expertise up to whatever you're fighting (usually the full 15% but Warbringers aren't skull so I think 2.5% or so lower works fine) and go all crit. It's rare that even a heroic 14/14 brewmaster will be wearing gear that isn't interchangable with their Windwalker spec.

All you need to learn is how to time Chi Wave and Expel Harm, Chi Wave is good DPS and gradual heal but not having it off CD when you're very low can be deadly, and keeping up Shuffle. Everything else is typical Tank spec soloing knowledge you have to experience to understand.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]

^^^ What they said.

I main MW, so my BrM/WW spec is pretty much identical. 7.5k haste with Ascension (I tried 12k for WW, but then didn't work for BrM) and 15% expertise. The only thing I swap out are trinkets and Tier.

The Zandalari Warbringers are a joke as blood DK, but on my brewmaster it took quite some gear to kill them. At least when the warbringers had Horrific Visage (the non-interruptible fear) and Vengeful Spirit. Noting worse than being stuck in an 8 second fear (preferably with shuffle running out) while being crushed by two trucks.

Deleted
    For anyone struggling with any kind of soloing, same advice as always:

-Get the guard glyph, learn to use chi wave, expel harm and healing spheres
    -Get the glyph of enduring spheres, don't move and wait for the orbs to stack up for big chunky heals

With this and 540-550+ gear you can solo most things ingame, stone guard, celestials, most if not all old raids where tight enrages/low vengeance enrages or mind controls won't screw you over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aranoch View Post
    For anyone struggling with any kind of soloing, same advice as always:

-Get the guard glyph, learn to use chi wave, expel harm and healing spheres
    -Get the glyph of enduring spheres, don't move and wait for the orbs to stack up for big chunky heals

With this and 540-550+ gear you can solo most things ingame, stone guard, celestials, most if not all old raids where tight enrages/low vengeance enrages or mind controls won't screw you over.
    Hm, but the Glyph of Guard will only absorb magical damage. Wouldn't all sorts of damage be better generally?

Quote Originally Posted by pepeu View Post
    Hm, but the Glyph of Guard will only absorb magical damage. Wouldn't all sorts of damage be better generally?
    You get more healing or something when you have guard up (I think I barley play monk at all)

Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    You get more healing or something when you have guard up (I think I barley play monk at all)
    30% more self-healing. When vengeance is getting high, (Magi-)Guard lets you hit Chi Wave and Expel harm to essentially Lay On Hands yourself.
    [What's half of minor?]

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive had the most amazing luck ever today, desided to clear Hm Throne of Four Winds, cleared Conclve in 3 attempts, took about 6-7 attempts on heroic Alakir (as WW) and Mount drops, on my 1st time clear on Monk, ive only killed Alakir maybe 5 times total thro entire Cataclysm.

quick question. What is the ilevel needed for naxx 25? Kinda wondering, since I am sitting at 529 now as a Windwalker.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    quick question. What is the ilevel needed for naxx 25? Kinda wondering, since I am sitting at 529 now as a Windwalker.
    I'm fairly sure a Windwalker could solo it in 5.0 and we've been buffed since then and you have far, far better gear. Shouldn't be a problem if you know the worst mechanics ahead of time.
    [What's half of minor?]

I remember, when I soloed patchwerk25 as brm with 470 gear. Had to roll and teleport and heal self with spheres.

Deleted
    I'm intrigued, I've never actually tried to do any of these old bosses throughout all my time playing the game. Is monk the go-to class for doing this kind of stuff?

Monk and DK seem to be the best at it atm.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Monk and DK seem to be the best at it atm.
    Don't forget Warlocks ~

Are monks capable of soloing Galeon?
    I tried yesterday once, but died after stomp.