Page 63 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by buMf00d View Post
    I'm intrigued, I've never actually tried to do any of these old bosses throughout all my time playing the game. Is monk the go-to class for doing this kind of stuff?
    Monk and blood dk. Though monk is a more interesting class imo
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Anufis View Post
    Are monks capable of soloing Galeon?
    I tried yesterday once, but died after stomp.
    Tried and managed to get to the third stomp I think but the adds eventually overwhelmed me + even if you manage to take care of the adds, the boss still hits insanely hard and we only have a few cooldowns to use during stomps so with the stun and the boss hitting us, I doubt soloing it would be for a while

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    quick question. What is the ilevel needed for naxx 25? Kinda wondering, since I am sitting at 529 now as a Windwalker.
    Shouldn't be all that hard to do with that ilvl.

I'm finally able to solo LK on 25 heroic (no mount ;_ after finally being able to switch over to dps. I don't think I should use my drums anymore since I can take him down in about 11 mins.
    Life doesn’t get easier, we just grow stronger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anufis View Post
    Are monks capable of soloing Galeon?
    I tried yesterday once, but died after stomp.
    I actually gave it a good effort and lasted a good few stomps (574 ilvl at the time), but actually completing it would've taken a long time.

I ran a heroic lifesteal trinket (just trying to get all the healing I could muster) + legendary dps cape (to help kill sauroks), but I don't have access to a 4 set bonus still which would probably help a fucking ton.

Ran Chi Wave/Leg Sweep/Healing Elixirs/RJW. Chi Wave because I found Zen Sphere wasn't really doing it well enough, Healing Elixirs for adding sources of healing, and RJW for bringing the adds down (had to maintain high uptime). I abused the Ox orbs from relentless add aoe to supplement my healing. Sauroks were generally dying about 10-20 sec after the following wave spawned, so I was having to deal with HUGE damage from double add groups periodically. I also saved a Leg Sweep + Guard combo for each stomp dilligently and chucked in Nimble Brew to break it where it felt appropriate. Fort Brew for first double add group and clench teeth for the ones in between. Adds are disarmable too.

May try it again soon and see how much I can speed up add kills, having add waves die before the next lot spawns seems to be the best way to get a solo kill out of this, but it will still take a century.

I don't solo much anymore (kinda waiting for the next expac, bored with the game) but I always like to go solo kill G'nathus for funsies.

It's definitely not terribly challenging but it's good practice for people just getting into soloing stuff.
    Plus the pet it drops can sell for a good bit if you can get it to actually sell.

I've tried to solo Sha of Anger (and actually got him down almost 25% once) but he just MCs and disappears.
    Galleon's adds overwhelm me as a crit Brewmaster, but I'm sure with a little more focus on mastery and some better gear Galleon is probably doable, since the only dangerous thing he does is the stomp and the adds.

Deleted
    How are monks at soloing ToT bosses atm? I know a lock has solo'ed Ji-kun, any monks been trying?

Is jindo the ground breaker still not doable? The last boss in zg with "vestaments of the soulflayer"
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

So starting to run out of the older mounts to farm so I've moved up to Cata stuff. I've heard Rag+Madness can drop their heroic mounts on either difficulty now. Is this true? And if its not and I need to do them on heroic does the rest of the instance need to be cleared on heroic to do them? Skipped almost all of Cata and I don't remember the rules for those instances

Just soloed LK25 hc Bulvar told me to never return. But I'll be back next week :>

60% crit BrM, DW (heroic MH, NM OH), 4k haste, Ascension, Xuen (on cd). Also had lifeblood from herbing :P...
    Saved Chi Wave for infest cd. No tanky stam trinkets, just 2 pure dps.

Deleted
    Is LK25 hc soloable for a 544 WW monk? I know my class well and the tactics can be learned to master

Deleted
    Why not ? Try and see. Several players should be able to slain LK with 530+ ilvl as WW, while others'd need 550+.
    If you're playing correctly your WW spec, 544 isn't an issue.

Quick question. How do you solo Dreamwalker as a WW? After a while, I just get overwhelmed with supressors, adds etc, and I can't keep the healing up fast enough ><

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Quick question. How do you solo Dreamwalker as a WW? After a while, I just get overwhelmed with supressors, adds etc, and I can't keep the healing up fast enough ><
    Tried as draenei brm. Spheres don't heal, bandages only heal 1 tick, naaru's gift heals normally, and chi sphere heals normally, but it's not enough.
    So I think we need to reroll mistweavers or look for other ways.

Just found this http://www.wowhead.com/item=87901 and thought about combining it with http://www.wowhead.com/spell=126060
    Last edited by Anufis; 2014-02-04 at 12:43 PM.

Switch to bm (unless you have ww/ww spec...) get expel harm glyph. Target Valthiria, undress, equip gear set, pull boss. Spam expel harm on her.

So, currently bored and decided to give soloing a try. Question, am i just total crap or did the 5.4 BrM dps nerf kill soloing? atm working on ulduar, gona try icc after that and the few sticking points were (this is all 25):

Mimiron - barely made the enrage coz of stupid cjl being the only ranged option on voltron (dw i know about the magnetic core in p3).
    Thorim: gave up on 25 man after 18 wipes could not sync the insta-kill lightning orb with the pull (aparently 25 is bugged atm?) did after 3 tryed on 10 just coz of sheer frustration at this point
    Yogg 0: NOPE! compleetly can't keep up with tentacle spawn, detoxing the coruptor debuffs that i can but between the 60% undispelable slow (wich i cant use diffuse magic on in case i have it on going brain room) and the constrictors i end up with a crusher going into the brain room the first time and its all downhill from there most i've gotten brain is maybe 70% after going in 3 times.... Switch to my MS mistweaver at one point at it seemed to be going better but after like 5-6 hours in uld called it quits for the day.

This is from a 555 BrM monk no HC stuff on me, full normal / some WF, Thok polearm, ticking ebon detonator and vial of corrupted blood.

PS: with 5.4 is BrM the worst solo spec right now? coz i've seen a video of a MW doing hc LK 25 and most solo videos ive seen are of WWs. How big of an impact would speccing WW without 2nd dps trinket / tier bonuses have vs brm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerOfTwo View Post
    So, currently bored and decided to give soloing a try. Question, am i just total crap or did the 5.4 BrM dps nerf kill soloing? atm working on ulduar, gona try icc after that and the few sticking points were (this is all 25):

Mimiron - barely made the enrage coz of stupid cjl being the only ranged option on voltron (dw i know about the magnetic core in p3).
    Thorim: gave up on 25 man after 18 wipes could not sync the insta-kill lightning orb with the pull (aparently 25 is bugged atm?) did after 3 tryed on 10 just coz of sheer frustration at this point
    Yogg 0: NOPE! compleetly can't keep up with tentacle spawn, detoxing the coruptor debuffs that i can but between the 60% undispelable slow (wich i cant use diffuse magic on in case i have it on going brain room) and the constrictors i end up with a crusher going into the brain room the first time and its all downhill from there most i've gotten brain is maybe 70% after going in 3 times.... Switch to my MS mistweaver at one point at it seemed to be going better but after like 5-6 hours in uld called it quits for the day.

This is from a 555 BrM monk no HC stuff on me, full normal / some WF, Thok polearm, ticking ebon detonator and vial of corrupted blood.

PS: with 5.4 is BrM the worst solo spec right now? coz i've seen a video of a MW doing hc LK 25 and most solo videos ive seen are of WWs. How big of an impact would speccing WW without 2nd dps trinket / tier bonuses have vs brm.
    Mimiron: Enrage won't kill you on this fight, first time I ever did 25 firefighter I survived for over 5 minutes in enrage as WW, as BRM it should be even easier to live through it.
    Thorim: Timing is tighter in 25 man for whatever reason, but once you get it down once or twice after some practice it's easy to pull off weekly.
    Yogg 0: BRM is better at P3 than WW, and WW is better than BRM at p2. This makes BRM more viable at lower gear levels and WW more viable at higher gear levels. The breakpoint occurs at the point where you can easily kill yogg in p3 before you get overwhelmed by adds as WW. The problem is just that p2 is hell for BRM.

Is Yogg-25 +4 feasible?

I've seen it done solo only with 0 adds and I don't get why everyone seems to try it this way. Certainly with the 4 guardians it would be easier. Any reason why everyone is trying it in HM? (besides the achievement)
    "I win because I'm a ninja. I kill everybody else because they suck ass. To even play a rogue takes an enormous amount of skill beyond what noobs like you could even imagine." Kishkumen, World of Roguecraft 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnu View Post
    Is Yogg-25 +4 feasible?

I've seen it done solo only with 0 adds and I don't get why everyone seems to try it this way. Certainly with the 4 guardians it would be easier. Any reason why everyone is trying it in HM? (besides the achievement)
    It's more of a challenge. Also mount

Is Yogg-25 +4 feasible?

Mimirons head mostly, tho im gona gues this late in the expac LK 25 HC is easier to farm via just brute forcing him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Yogg-25 +4 feasible?

Allll about the mount buddy.