How are people selling leveled pets?

OK maybe Im just not understanding pet battles because I have been spending most of my time leveling and getting geared to raid rather than wasting it on pets. Eventually I wanna play around with it but just dont have the time now. But dont all pets start at level 1 and arent they all bound to you once you learn them? How are people selling leveled pets in trade?

Right click a pet in your pet journal, certain ones can be 'boxed' and resold after leveling. Simple really, playing with the game UI for 20 seconds would have yielded similar results.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is off the top of my head so I might be wrong here but I believe you can right click on the pet in the list and there should be an option to cage it. Once caged they can be sold on the AH.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Do they sell for a decent amount of gold? Does the pet level matter more or the type of pet? If theres gold involved I might start doing pet battles.