Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Yeah Blizzard ballsed up a lot on the professions.

Even mining which should be the most simple easy money maker... its SO much quicker and easier just to transmute Ghost Iron into Trillium on my alchemist than to actually find it on my Miner.
    On my server, ghost iron ore is still selling well. Do you have some objection to making money by mining those nodes?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

so you cant make money with BS without other proffs, who cares use your alts or just buy off the AH. I made an absolute fortune with living steel belt buckles the first 2 weeks becasue I used my 4 daily transmutes and bought the rest off the ah

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Flasks aren't lvl 496 items of epic quality and only serve you for one hour though.
    Last time I looked, weapon chains and belt buckles weren't of epic quality too. They are of same kind as flasks, profession perk, expendable (non-luxury) item enchantments (temporary buff in case of flasks).

Oh and BS ilvl 476 epic craftable gear is submediocre, they should be at 489 ilvl. Meanwhile Ilvl 496 BS craftable gear requires absolutely ridiculous mats (a lot of DE mats from raid weapon drops), that's on top of other mats, so they won't be really crafted too.

So yeah, don't even touch BS epic crafts, people are speaking about belt buckles and inferior crafts here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alchemical consumables give temporary buffs, and buckles and chains are permanent enhancements. In other words, BS items virtually serve you INFINITELY longer than Alchemical.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefrog View Post
    I don't know about your server, but I buy living steels off AH, make a belt buckle, and mark it up 400g. I've made over 6k like this over the past 2 weeks with very little effort.
    400g? The living steel alone on my realm goes for over 2k easily, medium pop. realm.

Deleted
    I have to agree with you on this mate.
    But its not the only thing i wish to see get fixed.
    Alchemists req. Golden Lotus to make 1 Flask. Golden Lotus is a rare spawn in Pandaria. I wish they made it like Wotlk. A rare Drop in the herbs instead. U can farm 1million herbs and still not get a Golden lotus to make a flask. Which is bad designed, if u ask me

10+ Year Old Account
    People really think blacksmiths make money? No, blacksmiths don't make money off their gear. They make money selling spirit of harmony, and interest.

Any part of a recipe that requires Living Steel a blacksmith makes no profit from. The alchemist is making the profit.

The OP's main complaint is that belt buckle is tied to another profession. The weapon chain is also tied to another profession.

The thread is also forgetting that blacksmiths get no bonus from their self-enchants (socket bracers/gloves) because this also requires another profession to make benefit from.

Why can't Blacksmiths gain a way to make Living steel, and alchemists just get a less costly way on a cooldown? I wouldn't mind spending SoH on making my own damn Living Steel.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2012-10-17 at 07:01 AM. Reason: sloppy editing
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by ucplayer View Post
    Can you even read?
    Alt char with alchemy is NOT THE SOLUTION
    Can YOU read? It is indeed a very obvious solution.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    How is being "dependent" of alchemy any different than being dependent of mining, skinning or herbalism?
    Because you can only have two professions per character. Is it really that hard to figure that out? People these days..

On topic of professions sucking; Leatherworking is incredibly expensive to level at low level. My Monk still has it at 115.

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 07:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by naimc View Post
    What's with the idiocy? Having a profession being dependant on TWO other professions (Mining and Alchemy) is BAD.

All steel-based professions are in the same boat, and it sucks. The solution would be to make Living Steel Veins, or somehow make Mining/Engineering/BS/JC able to make it.

The best part about this thread are the people not getting what you're saying.

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 03:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by naimc View Post
    "Yeah, it's totally fair that one professions should have to do twice the work of the other ones! Right? RIGHT!"
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Hi,

I've made over 100k gold in two weeks with blacksmithing, just by buying the living steel off the auction house and growing my own spirits / getting them while doing dailies or grinding them a bit.

Living steel prices are already going down, so don't overreact.

BS has been dependent on Alchy since Vanilla.

Arcanite Bars (Vanilla) were only made by Alchys

Primal Mights (BC) made only by Alchys

Titansteel (Wrath) was made by Alchys

Truegold (Cata) made only by Alchys

Your point is invalid
    Last edited by Zankoku; 2012-10-17 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zankoku View Post
    BS has been dependent on Alchy since Vanilla.

Arcanite Bars (Vanilla) were only made by Alchys

Primal Mights (BC) made only by Alchys

Titanium (Wrath) (unless you farmed the F*** out of ore) was made by Alchys for cheaper than farming

Truegold (Cata) made only by Alchys

Your point is invalid
    Their entire point is based around needing Living Steel for more common items.

Seriously, is reading THAT hard?
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Their entire point is based around needing Living Steel for more common items.

Seriously, is reading THAT hard?
    OP stated that the tying of Alchy to BS only started with MoP, which I showed to be incorrect.

Now... Back in Vanilla and BC, what did BS sell to make profit at 300/375? Crafted epics, which required Alchy to make. Hence once again, OP's point is invalid.

Probably cost for "only prof with pvppower"

Deleted
    Go Herb-Inscription, the ultimate combo.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    I understand where you're coming from. I found this out in the beta so on live decided to get every proff to 600, so I had all of them ready to make stuff for each other if needed.
    Vahren Master of All

Good I can actually make gold with alchemy .

I wonder when they are going to give gathering professions the same buffs/perks as every other profession so you can actually choose for example herbalism and alchemy or mining and blacksmithing when you want to min/max your stats for raiding for example. The stamina you get from mining is useless except for tanks but then it's still bad. Haste from herbalism is good untill you hit your haste cap. Crit from skinning...

Maybe not such a good idea because they are the easiest to level and everyone who does professions purely for the buffs will just take two gathering professions, maybe.

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 08:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zankoku View Post
    OP stated that the tying of Alchy to BS only started with MoP, which I showed to be incorrect.

Now... Back in Vanilla and BC, what did BS sell to make profit at 300/375? Crafted epics, which required Alchy to make. Hence once again, OP's point is invalid.
    He was talking about the belt buckle. I think the problem is that blacksmithing is even more reliable on alchemy now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ye, sucks that your profession can't net you max profit *double palms*

Benefit of blacksmithing is two extra sockets, not like gold have been an issue since Tbc

Quote Originally Posted by HalseyUS View Post
    The last bit, I don't know if you're new to the game but thats called skinning

Leatherworkers DON'T get their own materials, Skinners get the mats needed for Leatherworkers, and honestly? Cloth is pretty common by everyone, Tailors just get a better drop rate for their cloth

Also Pro-Tip: Pick up mining
    Don't think you read his post fully tbh. Having a gathering profession is kinda standard for a crafting profession and if you skip that then you only have your self to blame that you have to depend on others for mats for your crafting. In this case blacksmiths can't even makeany good items even with mining and have to rely on other crafting professions unlike the other professions that can make it on their own if they just have their gathering profession.

I skipped even trying to make money of AH on my server since a living steel goes for 900+ now and a belt buckle max 1k. So i can max make 100g profit per belt buckle i sell and trust me the competition is too high to get much sold per person.
    As for get an alt with alchemy...It's not a valid answer balance wise since one shouldn't be forced to make and lv a new character too high lv just to be able to profit from being a blacksmith. I for one don't have the time to play more than my main even if i wanted to. I'm not saying it's the end of the world for a blacksmith atm but I do feel it's the crappiest profession to have atm so I agree the topic starter.