Poll: Should this be Legal

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If I was working for him, I'd start looking.

It's quite nice to announce that there are going to be layoffs a month before it happens.
    At my job, there's no notice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear Mr. Fusedmass.....

wtf is wrong with this statement?

If any new taxes are levied on me, or my company, as our current President plans, I will have no choice but to reduce the size of this company.

Look, I am all for increase in taxes too, but you are seriously reaching...

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    . . . a tweed coat (the kind with leather elbows).
    Hey! Those are comfy. I have a couple myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    A smart business will fire people if it increases shareholder value (i.e. profits in the long run).
    Firing people is giving up on a significant investment. Its reducing your productive capacity in a way that is hard to restore, and it reduces workplace morale.

So yes, if it has to a company will fire people. But a smart one will do what it can to avoid that in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    How can a rational discussion even be had if you are going to simply dismiss the viewpoints of those in another party outright.
    I didn't dismiss his viewpoints based on his party. I dismissed them because they're wrong.

I am looking in the article and can't find where he says he will fire people if obama wins. Can you show me please? I came here for a story that is accurate in the title of the post. Please link me inside the article where it says that.

Silhouette, i gotta tell you i appreciate your sense of humour and wit. I think if we knew each other IRL we would probally make for good friends....
    You say that as if we're not friends now.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Well you wanted to do the generalizations, still find mine to be accurate. In fact i can imagine you adjusting your monocle while reading this saying "well i never".
    Please answer the question.

How did Obama make his riches?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Hey! Those are comfy. I have a couple myself.
    Ima find myself one, dress as wells for halloween.

but i jest.

I just wish i could find a reasonsably priced "members only" jacket.

Do you have anything to add that's not a shitty smear?

Can you answer my question about how Obama made his money?

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Dear Mr. Fusedmass.....

WTF is wrong with this statement?

If any new taxes are levied on me, or my company, as our current President plans, I will have no choice but to reduce the size of this company.

Look, I am all for increase in taxes too, but you are seriously reaching...
    Fusedmass spouts yahoo/huffington post articles, misleads people , then refuses to answer questions about why he does it. This is why liberal democrats get a bad rap. If you notice, nobody, not even wells will stand up for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post

1) If taxes are levied on him he will lay off workers. Taxes on him do not effect profits. If he lays off workers because his personal taxes went up he's pretty stupid.
    2) If taxes are raised on his business he will lay of workers. Obama has not indicated any increase in the corporate tax rate and has said publicly it should be lower. So at best he's being stupid or fear mongering to try to intimidate his workers.

This isn't the first time this guy has tried to get his workers to back his horse in the race.
    1) I agree but thats not the issue.

2) Is what your missing, obama care taxes arent in effect until 2014. If obama is re elected no one will be able to stop them. This wont be the only company laying off people if obama is re elected.

not a big deal really, your votes don't really matter. billion dollar companies run the USA and those with money and influence have always shaped the country throughout history. they'll do what they want, spin it, you'll buy it, things go on.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post

2) Is what your missing, obama care taxes arent in effect until 2014. If obama is re elected no one will be able to stop them. This wont be the only company laying off people if obama is re elected.
    What specific Obamacare provisions are going to cost him money?

10+ Year Old Account
    Obamacare taxes are not an issue.

Also, if we held up social progress because x interest group bitched about it, we'd still have seperate bathrooms for whites and colours. The only reason people care about what business have to say is because of the money involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Firing people is giving up on a significant investment
    That depends on the business and the job. Some jobs people are pretty interchangeable and it makes about 2 days worth of difference to get a new person up to speed. Revolving doors happen a lot in certain areas.

In other places like the company I work for you're quite right. If I were to pack up and leave now, or were for some unimaginable reason fired, I'd come out quite ahead on what I've gained vs. what they lose.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

every company that lays off people will make less money. you can't maintain production by getting rid of workers and if you can, you were doing it wrong anyway. most big companies are pretty efficient at the bottom, removing 1 or 5 or 500 = less money coming in.

the same thing is usually said when unions are mentioned. in reality you make less when you lay people off.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Do you have anything to add that's not a shitty smear?

Can you answer my question about how Obama made his money?
    Why don't you just stop acting indignant and provide the information yourself as argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another FusedMass leftist propaganda hate post.

To All My Valued Employees,

As most of you know our company, Westgate Resorts, has continued to succeed in spite of a very dismal economy. There is no question that the economy has changed for the worse and we have not seen any improvement over the past four years. In spite of all of the challenges we have faced, the good news is this: The economy doesn't currently pose a threat to your job. What does threaten your job however, is another 4 years of the same Presidential administration. Of course, as your employer, I can't tell you whom to vote for, and I certainly wouldn't interfere with your right to vote for whomever you choose. In fact, I encourage you to vote for whomever you think will serve your interests the best.

However, let me share a few facts that might help you decide what is in your best interest.The current administration and members of the press have perpetuated an environment that casts employers against employees. They want you to believe that we live in a class system where the rich get richer, the poor get poorer. They label us the "1%" and imply that we are somehow immune to the challenges that face our country. This could not be further from the truth. Sure, you may have heard about the big home that I'm building. I'm sure many people think that I live a privileged life. However, what you don't see or hear is the true story behind any success that I have achieved.

I started this company over 42 years ago. At that time, I lived in a very modest home. I converted my garage into an office so I could put forth 100% effort into building a company, which by the way, would eventually employ you. We didn't eat in fancy restaurants or take expensive vacations because every dollar I made went back into this company. I drove an old used car, and often times, I stayed home on weekends, while my friends went out drinking and partying. In fact, I was married to my business — hard work, discipline, and sacrifice. Meanwhile, many of my friends got regular jobs. They worked 40 hours a week and made a nice income, and they spent every dime they earned. They drove flashy cars and lived in expensive homes and wore fancy designer clothes. My friends refinanced their mortgages and lived a life of luxury. I, however, did not. I put my time, my money, and my life into this business —-with a vision that eventually, some day, I too, will be able to afford to buy whatever I wanted. Even to this day, every dime I earn goes back into this company. Over the past four years I have had to stop building my dream house, cut back on all of my expenses, and take my kids out of private schools simply to keep this company strong and to keep you employed.

Just think about this – most of you arrive at work in the morning and leave that afternoon and the rest of your time is yours to do as you please. But not me- there is no "off" button for me. When you leave the office, you are done and you have a weekend all to yourself. I unfortunately do not have that freedom. I eat, live, and breathe this company every minute of the day, every day of the week. There is no rest. There is no weekend. There is no happy hour. I know many of you work hard and do a great job, but I'm the one who has to sign every check, pay every expense, and make sure that this company continues to succeed. Unfortunately, what most people see is the nice house and the lavish lifestyle. What the press certainly does not want you to see, is the true story of the hard work and sacrifices I've made.

Now, the economy is falling apart and people like me who made all the right decisions and invested in themselves are being forced to bail out all the people who didn't. The people that overspent their paychecks suddenly feel entitled to the same luxuries that I earned and sacrificed 42 years of my life for. Yes, business ownership has its benefits, but the price I've paid is steep and not without wounds. Unfortunately, the costs of running a business have gotten out of control, and let me tell you why: We are being taxed to death and the government thinks we don't pay enough. We pay state taxes, federal taxes, property taxes, sales and use taxes, payroll taxes, workers compensation taxes and unemployment taxes. I even have to hire an entire department to manage all these taxes. The question I have is this: Who is really stimulating the economy? Is it the Government that wants to take money from those who have earned it and give it to those who have not, or is it people like me who built a company out of his garage and directly employs over 7000 people and hosts over 3 million people per year with a great vacation?

Obviously, our present government believes that taking my money is the right economic stimulus for this country. The fact is, if I deducted 50% of your paycheck you'd quit and you wouldn't work here. I mean, why should you? Who wants to get rewarded only 50% of their hard work? Well, that's what happens to me.

Here is what most people don't understand and the press and our Government has chosen to ignore – to stimulate the economy you need to stimulate what runs the economy. Instead of raising my taxes and depositing that money into the Washington black-hole, let me spend it on growing the company, hire more employees, and generate substantial economic growth. My employees will enjoy the wealth of that tax cut in the form of promotions and better salaries. But that is not what our current Government wants you to believe. They want you to believe that it somehow makes sense to take more from those who create wealth and give it to those who do not, and somehow our economy will improve. They don't want you to know that the "1%", as they like to label us, pay more than 31% of all the taxes in this country. Thomas Jefferson, the author of our great Constitution, once said, "democracy" will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

Business is at the heart of America and always has been. To restart it, you must stimulate business, not kill it. However, the power brokers in Washington believe redistributing wealth is the essential driver of the American economic engine. Nothing could be further from the truth and this is the type of change they want.

So where am I going with all this? It's quite simple. If any new taxes are levied on me, or my company, as our current President plans, I will have no choice but to reduce the size of this company. Rather than grow this company I will be forced to cut back. This means fewer jobs, less benefits and certainly less opportunity for everyone.

So, when you make your decision to vote, ask yourself, which candidate understands the economics of business ownership and who doesn't? Whose policies will endanger your job? Answer those questions and you should know who might be the one capable of protecting and saving your job. While the media wants to tell you to believe the "1 percenters" are bad, I'm telling you they are not. They create most of the jobs. If you lose your job, it won't be at the hands of the "1%"; it will be at the hands of a political hurricane that swept through this country.

You see, I can no longer support a system that penalizes the productive and gives to the unproductive. My motivation to work and to provide jobs will be destroyed, and with it, so will your opportunities. If that happens, you can find me in the Caribbean sitting on the beach, under a palm tree, retired, and with no employees to worry about.

Signed, your boss,

David Siegel

Here is his email in its entirety. Not a leftist hack job interpretation.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    not a big deal really, your votes don't really matter. billion dollar companies run the USA and those with money and influence have always shaped the country throughout history. they'll do what they want, spin it, you'll buy it, things go on.
    You realize that that's one of the most subversive and prolific techniques used by companies like that to get their way, right? If you look at history critically, there are plenty of areas where businesses didn't get their way. So really the question for you is, why would you let another group of people demoralize you into not voting against them?